Today, I'm re-sharing a great little video I did with Rebecca on The Landing Strip. Don't chuckle (though many do), as this is a very good term for that place right inside your door where you "land" and "take off" each day. If you start to look at your entrance as the first filter in protecting your home against clutter, you will realize how helpful this can be. Enjoy and add your new comments below. I'll look for them!
• The Star: Ten years ago, Maxwell Ryan was known as the "apartment therapist," traveling by scooter to his clients' homes to help them make their spaces beautiful, organized and healthy. Part interior designer, part life coach, his touchpoints were simplicity, comfort, and lack of clutter. Unlike typical designers, Maxwell didn't want to dictate where things should go or how people should live, he wanted to arm them with the tools and the confidence to decide for themselves. Maxwell launched Apartment Therapy in 2004, turning the weekly email into a daily blog post, reviewing stores, offering tips, posting photos of Maxwell's design projects and answering readers' questions. Maxwell has a B.A. from Oberlin College, an M.A. from Columbia University, and a M. Ed. from Antioch. He lives in New York's Greenwich Village with his daughter, Ursula.
• The Music: This is an instrumental version of a song called "Pretty Drunk" off the album "Honest Mistakes" by Pete Miser. The full version is available for listen and purchase here.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-to's and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Books by Maxwell:
• Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces
• Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions
• Apartment Therapy Presents: The Eight Step Home Cure
IMAGES AND INSPIRATION:
• Transition Spaces: Entryway, Mud Room & Landing Strip Solutions for Families
• One Organized Black and White Mud Room
• Entryway Solutions for Small Spaces
• Practical Tips for Organizing Mud Rooms & Entryways