Celebrating its centennial this year (it opened in 1909) the Bronx's Grand Concourse was profiled in The New York Times and it includes a great interactive feature showcasing the art deco buildings (including their amazing terrazzo patterned floors!), Edgar Allen Poe house, Andrew Freedman House, Loew's Paradise Theater and Lorelei mermaid fountain and more.
• The lobby floor of the Art Deco Fish Building
• Grand Concourse
• The Fish Building
• Close up of the Fish Building's Mosaic Mural
• At 161st Street — that's Yankee Stadium in the background.
• Another grand lobby.
• Andrew Freedman's "ex-rich man's poorhouse"
• Edgar Allen Poe House
• Lorelei fountain in Joyce Kilmer Park
• Loew's Paradise Theater at 187th Street.
(Image: ©2009Sara Krulwich/The New York Times)