With concerns over BPA in plastic, many people are switching over to better, safer alternatives. And when it comes to storing food, glass is tops!
As you probably know, one of the chemicals used to harden plastic is BPA (Bisphenol A). BPA is known to leach into the food and water being stored—a process that can be vastly accelerated by heat (this means microwaves, ovens, and even the bottom rack of the dishwasher).
And yes, as a result of all of the bad press a number of manufacturers have started to produce "BPA-free" plastic options. But switching to glass guarantees no dangerous chemical leakage and no erosion of material.
Without further ado, here is a collection of my favorite glass containers on the market.
1. Round Glass Food Storage, $2.99-$7.99 from The Container Store
2. Weck Jars, $6.50-$21 at Heath Ceramics
3. 6 Piece Kitchen Storage Set, $22.99 at Anchor Hocking Company
4. Snapware Glass Storage Containers, $7.99-$12.99 at The Container Store
5. 4-Piece Round Storage Bowl Set, $19.95 from Crate &Barrel
6. 12-pc Bake, Serve 'N Store Set, $29.99 from Pyrex