Robin's Before & After living room bookcase. Great job!
• Cure Clock:
3 weeks to go!
Read Week Six
, pp. 185-204
• Clean out your bathroom. Green your personal products.
• Experiment with natural scents for your home.
• Light to inspire with CFLs and LEDs. (It is possible!)
As we come into Week 6, many of you might have Week 7 on the brain... seeing as how next week is Thanksgiving! Undoubtedly next week you're going to be busy with preparations for guests, so this week is the perfect time to put in some extra effort to make your home beautiful and welcoming. This is also a great time to address the bathroom, since that's one of the rooms your guests will be frequenting when they come over for the Great Feast next week! You've been removing things from your home thus far, so now is the time to put a few luxurious touches back in. Plentiful light and all-natural candles, home scents, and soaps will put your guests at ease and set the stage for a wonderful, relaxing evening.First, the bathroom:
People can be very particular about their personal grooming products. Shampoo, hair products, toothpaste, makeup... these are intensely personal choices and people swear by them. So it can be difficult to try something new. You don't need to throw out all your "non natural" personal products and start over. Just try one thing at a time. Instead of buying Dial antibacterial soap next time you're out of hand soap, try Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap. It is hands-down our favorite soap ever and we have gotten so many compliments on it from people who assume it's fancy, expensive and must not be earth-friendly. You can buy a 32 ounce bottle for around $10-12, and it lasts a long time. You can also buy the bar soap for about $3. We're also big fans of Tom's of Maine toothpaste (also in peppermint).
More on this to come tomorrow (I'll be updating the post throughout the evening and tomorrow morning), but for now, here's a great resource list to get you thinking about ways you can green your bathroom:
• Top Ten: Ways To Green Your Bathroom
• 5 Tips For Greening Your Bathroom
• Debranded Home Bathroom Labels
• DIY Fixes for Five Common Bathroom Issues
• Go Green In Your Bathroom
• Greening Our Habits: Eliminating the Hair Dryer
• Greening Our Habits: Or In This Case, Ladies, Our Necessities
• Greening Our Habits, Revisited
• Greening Our Habits: Time To Change The Makeup?
• 7 Ways To ReThink Your Grooming Habits
• Greening Our Habits: Tom's of Maine Toothpaste
TODAY'S COMMENT QUESTION
Is there one product in the bathroom you've never found an earth-friendly substitute for? A product you'll just never be able to give up?
• Week 5 - Tips & Tricks
• Week 5 - Intro
• Week 4 - Tips & Tricks
• Week 4 - Intro
• Week 3 - Tips & Tricks
• Week 3 - Intro
• Week 2.5 - Show & Tell
• Week 2 - Intro
• Week 1.5 - Tips & Tricks
• Week 1 - Intro
• Main Cure Page - Fall 2009
• Sign-Up Here
BUY A BOOK
• From Amazon
• From Powell's
• From Barnes & Noble
JOIN THE GREEN CURE DISCUSSION: