As part of my ongoing greener and cleaner domestic blitz I have done away with my cleaning cabinet entirely! That's right... it is no more. Instead I have invested in a few green cleaning staples to see me on my way. Wish me luck! My Basics
1. Baking Soda: It deodorizes, cleans benches, carpets, sinks and drains.
2. White Vinegar: An antibacterial that cleans copper, mirrors, windows and gets rid of mineral build up.
3. Eucalyptus Oil: Fantastic for getting rid of sticky spills and smudges.
4. Tea Tree Oil: Great for preventing mold or mildew.
5. A scrubbing brush: Because a little bit of elbow grease goes a long way.
6. A dust brush: For small spills that don't need vacuums.
7. A bucket: For fetching pails of water.
(Image: Sarah Starkey)