Further environmental features include:
- GREENGUARD certified low-emitting product
- Most metal components have powder-coat paint finish that emits negligible VOCs
- Plastic components identified with ASTM recycling code when possible
- Seat frame and back contain over 60% recycled content, made from approximately 36 recycled two-liter plastic beverage bottles per chair
- Returnable/Recyclable package (cardboard box and plastic)
Not only is the chair green, but the manufacturing process and company, Herman Miller, strive to be as well.
Manufactured in a LEED Pioneer building with as little waste as possible, Herman Miller's environmental policy is long-standing and admirable.
I have an Aeron chair at work and I love it. If only it were as easy on the wallet as the eyes/back/environment and I'd have one at home too!
Read more about Herman Miller's stance on the environment or the Aeron Chair here.