My cleaning lady is coming Friday and I'm jumping for joy. She only comes once a month to do the big stuff. The rest of the time cleaning can become a "I'll do it later" kind of a situation. And when I do have a few minutes, the chaos can be so overwhelming that I can be paralyzed as to where I should start. Luckily, I found a chart at Small Notebook that gives me a map for what to tackle first.
Small Notebook's Hierarchy of Cleaning is a Food Pyramid for those of us that need a plan or reminder — it helps break down the BIG PICTURE into smaller tasks and provides you with an order in which to proceed with the cleaning.
• Always start with the basics — yourself and your personal hygiene. Hopefully you have this part covered but it's a good reminder!
• … followed by a mix of laundry and (I include sheets and towels in with the clean clothes)…
• … then the things that can quickly get gross (dishes, sinks, & trash)…
• … before tackling the stuff you don't have time to put away.
• Last but not least, the bathroom and the floors.
I like to start with the strong foundation and whatever is left over can wait for my cleaning lady to take care of. Where do you start when it comes time to clean?
For the full post see Small Notebook | No Time to Clean? What to Do.
Image 1: IvyStyle33's Clean White Inviting Space; 2: Small Notebook