The other night, a friend asked if I'd ever made a Bûche de Noël, and after 5 minutes of gushing about marzipan mushrooms and chocolate pinecones, I had to admit that no, I never have. I doubt I'll get around to making one this year, so I'm drowning my sylvan sorrows in yule log-inspired ornaments and gift wrap...
- These teeny yule log ornaments were made by Ever Kelly- unfortunately, her kits are no longer available, but with just a small amount of materials (scraps of felt, a few beads, tiny mushrooms) and a little patience, I know you sewing-types could make your own, no problem.
- These 2"x4" faux bois gift boxes from D.Sharp (featured on Poppytalk) are so cute! Excellent for filling with homemade treats.
- Martha Stewart can help you make your own yule log gift boxes, either sweet birch logs adorned with glittered birds (of course), or sleek woodgrain boxes perfect for holding a fine bottle of cheer.
- If you can't send a cake, send a card, like this Bûche de Noël card from The Beautiful Project .
- Is there a small someone with a dollhouse in your life? This 1/12 scale Bûche from Sarah Maloney would get the tiny festivities started right. Or you can go all out with the dollhouse Winter Wonderland Sweets Table from Mouse Market, including a penguin skiing the Bûche on peppermint skis!
- Can anyone explain this Ghoul Log card from Andrea Kett to me? I don't quite understand it, but could not pass up the killer yule log dress. I'm pretty sure I'll need one of those when I finally get around to making a yule log cake- you never want your outfit to be upstaged by your cake!
All images as credited above.