In a great interior, the whole really can be more than the sum of its parts. Often, the context of a piece is such a huge part of what makes it so great. Take the orange stool above: it's such a distinctive feature of Hope and Pete's Bohemian Modern living room because it's in a cool-toned environment. If you love the harmony created by the contrasting colors and textures in this beautiful space, check out our guide to getting the look for less.
1. If your heart is set on an Eames, check out New, Used, and Reproduction: Eames Lounge and don't forget to scour Ebay.
2. Loft Wool Sofa in Blue Tweed, LexMod, $899.
3. Vittsjo Coffee Table, Ikea, $59.99 or Hemnes Coffee Table, Ikea, $119.
4. Round Orange Footstool, Target, $60.
5. Dalton Home Collection Hourglass Table, Wayfair, $91.72.
6. Chevron Pillows, Set of Two, Etsy, $30.00.
7. Black TV Stand, Target, $193. 99.
8. Elephant Statue, Galley Direct, $17.93.
9. Moroccan Style Shag Rug, Cost Plus World Market, $299.99
(Image credits: Kim Lucian)