Isabelle's corner reading nook is sophisticated yet cozy, and exactly how I approach decorating with color. The Farrow and Ball Hague Blue paint color is a strong blue, but the dark undertones make it a calming and classic color choice, perfect for a reading spot. Saffron and gold accents keep the palette fresh, while the furnishings offer up a touch of elegance. But since we all can't afford the luxe paint (or furniture!) we dream about, let's see if we can recreate this look without breaking the bank!
• Sherwin Williams Rainstorm
• Boho Boutique Knotted Yarns Decorative Pillow, Target, $24.99.
• Amherst Adjustable Floor Lamp, Home Decorators, $179.
• Industrial Tripod Floor Lamp (an easy DIY with spray paint), Urban Outfitters, $99.
• Safavieh Sutton Tufted Beige Arm Chair, Overstock, $209.03.
• Triplet Round Glass Top w/ Tripod Base End Table, Overstock, $54.98.
• IMAX Julian Metal End Table (also an easy spray paint DIY), Wayfair, $74.70.
• Metal Geometric Votive with Inner Gold Leafing, Nectar, $39.
• Terra Cotta Round Ceramic Glazed Low Bowl Planter, Amazon, $30.95.
• Montana Low Profile Bowl Planter, Amazon, $76.97.
• Original Contemporary Art Print by Susan Doyle, Etsy, $45+.
• Fine Art Print of Original Abstract by Heidi Carlsen Rogers, Etsy, $28+.
(Image credits: Claire Bock)