Having an outdoor space is almost like having a mini vacation locale just outside your door. It's a place for a change of scene, a spot to "get away from it all," even if it's just for a few minutes with only a cup of coffee for company. (Hey, that's a vacation for me!) This outdoor haven, one of our favorite outdoor spaces of 2013, fits perfectly into its surroundings and offers the serenity necessary for a respite. Check out our budget-friendly finds to recreate its welcoming, cheery look.
Porch from Elizabeth's Color-Filled Apartment:
- We can't get enough of IKEA's RASKOG cart, which is definitely a budget find at only $49.99. For more inspiration about how to use this eye-catching workhorse, also see How to Use the $50 RASKOG Cart in Every Room of the House.
- Black and White Striped Outdoor Pillow, Etsy, $18.49.
- Jackson Patio Loveseat Glider, Home Depot, $189. Spray paint it red.
- Mosquito Net Canopy, eBay, $6.26.
- French Sonnet Outdoor Rug, Home Decorators, $119 for 3'6"x5'6".
- Outdoor Fairington Pillows, Set of 2, Overstock, $37.07.
- Living Accents Elephant Watering Can, Ace Hardware, $4.49.
(Image credits: Alexis Buryk)