New Bohemia all the time and always admire all the signs they have in their window. I've also worked for a couple of shops that had signs made by New Bohemia, and I can say that their work is topnotch and painstakingly done. I find it so beautiful, so it pleased me greatly to learn about the fine art side of their business. Here are some of my favorite pieces, all one-of-a-kind originals by local artists:
- Ken Davis created this wonderful enamel and gold Cellar Door piece. Didn't Drew Barrymore once say that "cellar door" is the loveliest phrase in the English language?
- This charming Best Dressed sign is by Josh Luke — it would be so encouraging to get dressed under it everyday.
- This sign by Damon Styer pulls out all the stops: enamel, gold, glass, mirror, and lights. Festive!
- He also created this classic firehouse sign — the next best thing to living in an old converted brick firehouse.
- And I get a kick out of his "If there could be a darker sign, I would paint it" anti-sign. Love it!