A few weeks ago we looked at the most posh garden games (lots of) money can buy, but summer weather doesn't always cooperate with our bocce plans- I'm looking at you, San Francisco. Therefore allow me to present the most beautiful, luxurious, over-the-top versions of classic games. Nothing kicks cabin fever like a $3,270 backgammon set, right?
- I don't usually go for feathers all over things, but this Pheasant backgammon set by Alexandra Llewellyn is so manly pretty, like something Ron Swanson might build.
- She's created many other sets, including this glowing walnut Butterfly version.
- Fredericks & Mae's backgammon board is super-stylin' and all handmade.
- They've also created a travel version, for people who never leave home without backgammon. What is backgammon, you guys? I literally have no idea.
- Checkers is my game, and Fredericks & Mae have created a cool black & white set. Queen me!
- But for all I love checkers, I think their spangled dominoes are the prettiest of all. I would wear one of those as jewelry.
- And if you want to take your dominoes on-the-go, there's always the Hermes Mini Domino set with leather case. Only $560. For dominoes.
- Keep the crazy in play with Chanel's ping pong set- price available upon request, of course.
- Finally, out-spell your rivals with this built-to-last Scrabble set from Restoration Hardware. It features a wooden lazy Susan board, metal timer & letter racks, and oversized proportions so onlookers can have a clear view of your total vocab domination.
(All images as credited above.)