If you like the Guess The Decade features on Apartment Therapy Chicago, you'll this story and slide show from The New York Times: homes that are caught in a decor time warp. This collection of homes from across the country all have distinct styles that remain untouched style-wise and in near-pristine condition. A modern 50s home in Berkeley, a 60s ranch in New Jersey, a 70s home in California, and an 80s apartment in NYC...
• 1 Donald E. and Helen Olsen have lived in this modern Berkeley, California home since 1954. Their furnishings include original Marcel Breuer chairs and a George Nelson sofa from 1955.
• 2 S. Stephen and Alice Atkins 60s ranch in Livingston, New Jersey — check out the brass wall hanging!
• 3 Jason Reitzin's home in Encino, California is very 70s — he even rents it out for film and TV productions as a "period home."
• 4 Richard and Barbara Rubens triplex in Riverdale, the Bronx shows of a harsh 80s style of mirrors and glossy black finishes. The furnishings include a black leather sectional sofa from Thayer Coggin.
(Image: ©2009 Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times, Michal Czerwonka, Aaron Houston, Matthew Millman for The New York Times)
GUESS THE DECADE
• Guess The Decade Archives on Apartment Therapy Chicago