We're always trying to bring you the best solutions for organizing your workspace. But even the most hi-tech, super-modern gadget can't hold a candle to this device—and you probably already have several! Whether it's holding coffee or pencils, soda or sharpies, it seems like a simple drinking glass or mug is—and has always been—the perfect accessory for desks.
Each of the pictures above features a desk that makes good use of a cup—whether it's serving its intende purpose as a manual beverage dispenser, or doing something more utilitarian like holding papers down or keeping pens together.
No, it's not a new idea. But we can catch inspiration from each of these desks who make an old-school DIY idea look beautiful. (Don't you love those initial mugs?!):
- Design Drink Sleep desk with initial mugs, Miss Vu
- Soothing white desk with "R" mug and diner-style cups, almostbunnies
- Quotation cup as a paperweight, Lost Star
- Glowing USB cup warmer, adactio
- "Office Coffee" desk from the University of Art and Design, gynti_46
- Pencil cups and a drink cup, u n c o m m o n
- Pop of yellow coffee mug on a dual-screen desk, freshmango
- The new coffee break: Going geeky and green with a re-usable Starbucks thermos, Alessandro.Rossi
- Coffee mug as a paperweight, Greenmonster
- You need coffee when you're working on three screens, damin kyre