This week's Playlist comes to us by way of Amsterdam, where art director Ben Lambers and styling director Tatjana Quax run Studio Aandacht, a "studio for commercial culture." Turn up your speakers for a quick listen to what's playing through Ben's sound system on any given day in their bold, colorful workspace and see some examples of the creative works they've done for the likes of Elle Decoration and Interfloor.
How do you listen? On our iMac sound system or through headphones.
Do you have any favorite music websites/providers? iTunes and Warp Records.
Does music influence your work? I play experimental and crazy stuff for conceptualizing and loosening up the mind, and use classical music for the design/crafting process.
Who influences your musical taste? The radio, TV, Internet, newspaper, and friends.
your work was a song or a musician, what or who would it be? Flétta, a duet Antony and the Johnsons did with Björk that evokes the same shameless beauty.
- Flétta, Antony and the Johnsons & Björk
- Ice Cream, Battles
- God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
- Wasted Hours, Arcade Fire
- Brotherhood, Cassius
- I Fall In Love Too Easily, Chet Baker
- Chinatown, Destroyer
- Parisian Goldfish, Flying Lotus
- Pumped Up Kicks, Foster the People
- Town Called Malice, The Jam
- Atmosphere, Joy Division
- Bush Weed Corn Trash, Lee “Scratch” Perry
(Images: Studio Aandacht and Jeroen vd Spek)