When we think of black in terms of fashion it is the easiest color to wear, but when it comes to interiors black paint has been relegated to rebellious teenage bedrooms. But over the last few years, black has moved into the mainstream as a paint color, and as these images show it has the same versatility in interiors as it does in fashion.
1. One of the original champions of black paint in interior design is London based designer Abigail Ahern.
2. A glamorous dining space from House to Home.
3. Black is one of the sexiest colors you could have in the bedroom. Lonny Magazine.
4. Artwork and white lines breaks up the darkness that the color black normally brings to a room. Lonny Magazine.
5. Black chalkboard paint is a cheap and chic solution for signage, Smitten Studio
6. Black will make any dish pop in a dining room filled with contrasting white sideboards. Bloesem
7. Who says you can only paint indoor walls black? Dwell Magazine
8. Black walls add more punch in a high gloss finish, Domino Magazine
9. Wall to wall black for a family room by Windsor Smith, House Beautiful
10. A sleek backdrop for contrasting objects at Les Interieurs in Sydney, Vogue Living
(Images: as linked above)