Boutique hotel directory Mr. and Mrs. Smith is one of our favorite sites to search for design inspiration, but it's usually of the high-end ($$$) variety. This Barn Cottage in Devon/Cornwall caught our eye thanks to its attainable simplicity. A basic red-brick holiday home on the Cornish coast, its primary colors and classic pieces lend the place a relaxed but pulled-together look.
IDEAS TO STEAL
• White is a simple and sophistacated backdrop for the red-yellow-blue color scheme.
• A bright yellow accent wall makes an awkward staircase into a design statement.
• Wallpaper visually anchors the beds against the bedroom head walls.
• Flowers in mason jars are colorful, inexpensive accents.
Rates for the cottage begin at a not-so-astronomical £550 a week for a house that sleeps four, and the home has several green features, including ground-source heat and triple-glazed insulation.
• Barn Cottage Review from Mr. & Mrs. Smith
• The Red Barn at Venn Farm, Cornwall, UK
Photos: Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Venn Farm