This is it! We're pleased to announce the six finalists in our Small, Cool Outdoors Contest. Click on the thumbnails above to view each entry again, and then come back and vote for who you think should be the WINNER. Voting is only open until 11:30am EST on Wednesday, August 31, so don't delay!
• The outdoor space must be 250 square feet or less.
• The outdoor space must be part of a home which is lived in by the contest applicant—the home can be owned, rented or sublet.
• Only one entry per household.
• All readers age 18 and up are invited to enter the contest and share their outdoor space.
• Employees of Apartment Therapy may not enter.
• Entries may NOT include links to other webpages or Apartment Therapy or Re-Nest pages. Reader comments that include links will be deleted.
• Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered or enhanced.
8/3 thru 8/21: Submit your entry. No entries will be accepted after 11:59PST on 8/21.
8/5 thru 8/28: Select entries will be posted and voted upon by readers for 48 hours each.
8/29 thru 8/31: Votes will be tallied and voting begins for six finalists. Readers will have 48 hours to vote for their favorite outdoor space.
8/31: Winners announced!
We are thrilled to partner with PUBLIC Bikes as the Small, Cool Outdoors 2011 prize sponsor! PUBLIC "pays close attention to details in designing a complete city bike that offers all the features you need for simple yet highly functional city riding."
Bonus: In addition to the prizes listed below, all winners will receive a signed copy of both Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan and Good Food to Share by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan.
* * *
One Grand Prize Winner will receive their choice of either a C or V model bike from PUBLIC. Option include the C7 model, the V7 model, the C3 model, or the V3 model. The bike will also be Ready To Ride and outfitted with either a Front or Rear Rack and a U-lock for a total prize worth just under $900.
* * *
Three runners-up will each receive a PUBLIC bike basket and a PUBLIC bike bell.
* * *
Unfortunately, only U.S. residents are eligible to win the Grand Prize and Runner-Up prizes. We really wish international applicants were eligible for the main prizes; however, legal obstacles prevent this from happening. (A good explanation for how complicated legal contest laws are can be found here.) However, the favorite international applicant will receive a signed copy of both Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan and a signed copy of Good Food to Share by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan.
* * *
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received confirmation that you received my entry, why wasn't my entry posted?
Our system does not automatically post entries as they are submitted. Rather, due to space limitations, we select the best entries to post.
2. I made a mistake in my submission, how do I change my contest entry?
Please re-submit your entry.
3. How are winners chosen?
Winners are chosen by readers' votes. To vote, readers must be registered with Apartment Therapy. Register here.
4. How do you handle voting fraud?
Evidence of excessive multiple votes from a single IP address will be deleted.
5. My outdoor space was previously featured on one of Apartment Therapy's sites. Am I still eligible to enter?
Yes, readers who previously shared their space with the Apartment Therapy community are eligible.
* * *
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS
If you need help or have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Contest Question" in the title.