• Cure Clock:
8 Weeks to go
Read Week One: Creating Your Own Vision
Each Wednesday during The Spring Cure, we'll be bringing you fabulous photos from readers just like you. We're documenting our homes as we go in our Flickr Pool, so make sure you're tagging your photos for us to see! Down the road this space will be packed with makeovers and amazing transformations, but for now, we'd like to show some support for those sharing their "Before" photos with us. We all have clutter, but having a game plan for where you'll be taking each room is important, onward to see what direction others are headed in and offer your suggestions, after the jump!Thanks so much to all those who have already contributed some "before" and "in progress" photos to our Flickr pool. Being honest about your space is the first place to start and photographs always seem to be that for us. If you add any photos to the Cure Flickr Pool that aren't of your own personal spaces, please make sure to note that in the comments to better help us locate all of your amazing handiwork!
Above are a few of our favorite photos, some with questions, so make sure to weigh in with your friendly suggestions on what should happen in the spaces listed below.
First Row, Left To Right
• Whoopsadaisy_anna would like to work on organizing her stunning bookcases this Cure and is considering painting them white. What do you think?
• Miss Anthropology is looking for a few clutter busting tricks to control her accessories on her dresser. Do you have a solution that works great in your own home?
• Joymich is considering relocating the tan sofa to open up the traffic pattern and create a little more space. Sometimes living with less makes all the difference!
• Meisty has a light, bright and out of sight breakfast nook. She's looking to polish and declutter the space, we can't wait to see the results!
• Chickencoophouse has the same problem that many of us do, using the back of the toilet for a catch all or storage space. It always seems that as soon as one thing lands there... the entire bathroom does!
Second Row, Left To Right
• ms.alianator's dressers suffer the same plight as many bedrooms. Their clear surfaces become a great place to toss clothes or all that other stuff that seems to find it's way in. We love their color (even if it resembles car primer in tone!).
• diademydo would like to lighten up the look of her nursery. Although the color is a good one, there's not enough light in the room to support it and keeps the space feeling heavy. We can't wait to see the after photos!
• CrocodileAnnie is well on her way to making her bedroom a more personal space. She's put out a muffin tin for a humidifier, painted a filing cabinet for a nightstand and has some makeshift curtains in place. What would you add for wall and window treatments to make this space come together?
• kimba714 made great strides in the Fall Cure in this space and is continuing on this time around with plans for a new desk, a reading area and wall art!
• Mrs.MessyJessi is in the middle of painting the kitchen. Even though it's easy to get discouraged while working on one room and things feel displaced, don't let it get you down. Keep one room in your home clean at all times and use it as a refuge away from the madness!
Third Row, Left To Right
• Smark31 has an great wall of bookshelves that rest under the windows. One of the hardest things about bookshelves is resisting the urge to put everything on them and finding homes for the remainders. We're excited to see the results of the organizing!
• ereuyi has the makings of a landing strip in place and although space is tight, thinking about it now is a great idea!
• paradem has one of the best outboxes we've seen in the last 2 years! Complete with a Feed Me sign! There's a space for things to be donated, things to be taken to work and things to be given away to friends. Once you start thinking about all the extra things you're living with, it's liberating to add to your outbox! Nice Job!
• dancingcalliope has recently purchased a new sofa, but doesn't spend much time in the room. Do you have any pillow or lighting solutions for her?
• alahoop is working on clearing out the guest room. It holds extra bedding, could be heavy on furniture and is on it's way to having real guests inhabit it! We love all the white and can't wait to see it's outcome.
Week One - Maxwell's Intro