We missed a few people in the run-down of our committed Curers last time, so we've added some names to the list. Let us know in the comments if we missed you and we'll put you in the roster. (Curious about how the Cure works? Click here to find out.)
Today we embark on Week One, which is all about creating a vision for your space. Deep Treatment folks are cleaning, decluttering, and making lists of repairs. Those doing the One-Room Workout are starting a style tray, setting a budget, and looking for inspiration. Click below for weekly assignments and good links.
Illinois: amandaraealso, mary.grace84, Melissa, greta, Peardown, Mella DP, stynan, ShowLola, VelvetDC1
Canada: Alana in Canada, smallcitybeth
Michigan: lorijo, Laurie@PaintedMoon
Missouri: pleban, STLcolleen
Ohio: JenEvans86, StarterStudio
Tennessee: sar3j, murfreesboro
Not Sure Where They Are, But They're In*: metromom, Signe, pxlchk1, olya, jess2nola, Francesca
*A note about sign-ups: The list includes people that have submitted sign-up forms, or let me know in the comments that they're participating in the Cure. Since the Flickr Pool includes some lapsed participants, I'm going by current forms and comments to make the list of Curers. If you're in but I don't have your location, let me know and I'll put you in the right spot on our list. Thanks to everyone for joining!
Weekly Assignment (Deep Treatment): In the deep treatment, you're doing a lot of cleaning. If you haven't already made the switch to green cleaning products, it's a great way to significantly improve the air quality in your home. For recommendations, search our archives.
• Make a complete list of repairs and solutions.
• Vacuum and mop the floors.
• Remove one item from your apartment.
• Buy fresh flowers.
• Sit for 10 minutes in a part of your home that you never sit in.
• Look into earth-friendly cleaning products.
Weekly Assignment (One-Room Workout): This is a fun week for One-Room Workout folks. Gather ideas, check AT for inspiration, and set a budget. If you're honest with yourself from the start about what you're going to spend, your project falls into place a lot more easily.
• Choose your room.
• Collect inspirational pictures of rooms you love.
• Start a style tray.
• Visit your favorite home store.
• Set a budget.
• smallcitybeth needs a new landing strip.
• raikenn is looking at bedroom colors and a closet fix.
• jess2nola's finished bathroom project looks great.
• Alana's new cottage is already looking really cute.
• STLcolleen is working on the bedroom closet.
• amanda rae also is tweaking the landing strip.
• oltremare is focusing on the dining room.