A home office is a nice luxury allowing us to separate our work stuff out of the way of our home lives. For those of us lucky enough to have a dedicated room or area, space is often at a premium. As technology convergence becomes more common-place, we're seeing a bevy of all-in-one devices that serve multiple functions. Check out our guide to compacting all your technology together into the ultimate small space all-in-one home office!
Who likes a big hunk of plastic and tangled wires strewn all over the place? Not when you can have everything tucked nicely into the monitor, taking up not much more space than the screen on its own. Slim down without a desktop computer hogging up your space.
- Do Touch-Based All-in-one Computers Make Sense?
- All-In-One PCs: The Death of the Tower?
- All in One Desktops Roundup
Printing, scanning, faxing, copying - most all-in-one printers handle the basics with ease nowadays. There's no need for multiple devices at all.Taking it even further might be to get a wireless printer and tuck it in a closet completely out of the way if you don't use it that often.
Use Your Computer To Watch TV and Movies
We've already got a big screen right in front of our faces on our desk, so why add another expensive big screen TV mounted far away, taking up space and requiring more equipment. Merge your computer and your TV with a cablecard TV tuner or stream movies and TV direct to your desk.
- A TV Lover's Guide to Ditching the Television
- Stop Paying Monthly Rent For Your Expensive Cable Box
- CableCARD: A Primer
- How to Convert Your PC into a Home Entertainment PC
- The Streaming Services Showdown: Hulu Plus vs. Netflix
- Amazon Begins Offering Free Movie & TV Streaming
- Facebook to Enter Social Streaming Video Market?
- Get More Sports For Free With ESPN3
Use Your Video Game System To Watch Movies, As A Web Browser, Video Chat, Etc.
If you're a gamer, you've already got a pretty powerful computer sitting right there, so why get more components to serve the same purpose? Use your gaming system to do what you need to do without buying more gear.
- Netflix Streaming on Wii and PS3 Now Disc-Free
- Sony PS3 Plans To Be Your Official Internet TV Box
- Things You Can Do With Your Console Beyond Gaming
- How to: Stream Any Type of Video To Your Playstation 3
- Why the PS3 Does Not Do Everything (and How Sort of Fix That)
- First Impressions: Netflix Instant Streaming on the PS3
Miscellaneous All-In-One Devices
Get rid of all your tiny little card-readers and peripherals and merge them all into one single device that takes up less space, uses less power plugs, and has far less cables.
- Three All-In-One Multi-Card Readers That Do It All
- Great Little Card Reader Sticks to Metal Surfaces
- Roundup: Stylish USB Card Readers
No need to stop with just your electronic devices themselves. Make use of a multi-function table that transforms to suit your different needs.
- Multi-Function Tables: From Work To Play
- A Multi-Function Floating Desk for Tight Spaces
- Function Works: Tre Multi-Function Table
- How To Set Up the Dining Table for Desk Duty
Need a cup of joe every morning to get you going at the office? Not much space for a coffeemaker amongst all your other appliances? Combine it up with a multi-function appliance to save some space! There are tons of multi-function devices that serve double duty and save space.
Check out some of these tours of those who took the all-in-one concept and applied it thoughtfully to small spaces.