Pumpkins are hard to come by in London, since Halloween is a fairly new adopted American holiday over in the UK, and there isn't much room for a pumpkin patch in the city. Being relegated to smaller pumpkins found in the grocery store means that there isn't much surface area to carve out the traditional jack-o-lantern face — but we've got lots of alternatives.
On a positive note, it means there will be no possibility of stitches needed in the carving process, and I can get creative with some unique paint colors. Looking around the web, there are so many great ideas out there — here is a selection of my favorite ideas for un-carved pumpkins.
1. Decoupage a pumpkin with black and white line illustrations. DIY from Country Living.
2. A simple coat of paint can turn the usual into the unusual with just the right color. From Chatelaine.
3. Chalk paint adds a matte finish to give these pumpkins a modern touch. From The Perfectly Imperfect Blog.
4. Ombre and Neon keep pumpkins perfectly on trend for 2013. From Normann Copenhagen.
5. Show your state pride with a silhouette in traditional Halloween orange. Spotted on Formal Fringe.
(Images: as linked above)