• Room & Board Summer Clearance
• Thos. Moser Annex Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• James Wilhoit Antiques Closing Sale
• The Community Forklift Free Fridays
• DWR Paulistano Uncovered Contest
• Baltimore Summer Antiques Show
• Find-A-Designer Day
Jump below for more information...
• Thos. Moser Annex Sale 10,000-square-feet space of rarely marked-down furniture that includes floor models, returned items and pieces created for photo shoots. Furnishings will be trucked in from the company's seven other showrooms throughout the summer. Shoppers can expect discounts from 10 to 20 percent.
3338 M St. NW
8/9 EXTENDED THROUGH LABOR DAY
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
• James Wilhoit Antiques Closing Sale American and English 18th- and early-19th-century furniture — furniture, paintings, mirrors and other accessories are about 25 percent off.
277-B S. Washington St. Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
Sale Ends 8/31
• The Community Forklift Free Fridays The Community Forklift is a nonprofit thrift store for building materials, located 5 min. from the NE DC line. We have a "Free Friday" each week. Everything in Aisle One is Free on Fridays, (and $5 or less the rest of the week). Right now we have a bunch of doors and carpet tiles in the free section, as well as samples from an architecture firm library (all sorts of little scraps for crafting).
4671 Tanglewood Drive, Hyattsville, Maryland 20781
Every Friday, 9-5
• DWR Paulistano Uncovered Contest DWR's newest design contest, created to celebrate innovative emerging designers in the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Area designers submitted a new cover for the classic Brazilian sling chair, using their skills in textiles, graphics, weaving or other materials. One winner will receive a Maharam pillow of their choice.
DWR Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Rd. NW Washington, DC 20009
Event: Thursday, 8/27, 7pm - 9pm
• Baltimore Summer Antiques Show The largest indoor antique, art, and jewelry show in the United States. Attendees can also attend free educational lectures given by respected dealers and industry experts. Tickets $12.
Baltimore Convention Center | 1 W Pratt Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Thursday, 9/3 – Sunday 9/6
• Find-A-Designer Day This event gives consumers the perfect opportunity to meet with designers from The Washington Design Center's Find-A-Designer Program and purchase to-the-trade items with its Consumer Buying Service Representatives. Guests at The Washington Design Center's Find-A-Designer Consumer Day can receive a free 30-minute consultation with one of 20 designers, including Samantha Friedman, Lorna Gross, and Camille Saum.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D St., SW Washington, DC 20024
Thursday, 9/10: 10am - 2pm