• Filz Felt Sale
• Jamaica Plain Open Studios
• RISD Museum: We Built a City Together
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• Royal Copenhagen Sale
• Artemide Sale
• Arch & Design Film Festival
• Orange from Susy Pilgrim Waters
• Hudson Semi-Annual Sale
• GSelect Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• Todd Farm Antiques & Flea Market
• SOWA Market
• FoMA Fall House Tour
• RISD Fall Alumni & Student Art Sale
• Marimekko Show
• Jamaica Plain Open Studios 16th annual Jamaica Plain Open Studios is a free weekend-long celebration for the arts where over 200 artists display and sell their original work.
Jamaica Plain Open Studios
9/26 - 9/27: 11am- 6 pm
• RISD Museum: We Built a City Together Join us for a special interactive installation by Providence-based artists Meg Turner and Andrew Oesch. The two have created a large topographic view of Providence that will be installed on the Moore Terrace of the Chace Center. Explore city life as it is portrayed in the exhibition Inner City and other works around the Museum, then share how you work and live in and around cities in a collaborative project. With the guidance of volunteers, you can help to construct a giant city made of cardboard, drawings, markers and stickers. Then write a message about the City and that message or memory will be hung in a long ticker tape above the city. Free admission all day. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
RISD Museum | 224 Benefit Street Providence, Rhode Island 02903 (enter through the Chace Center)
9/26: 11am - 4pm
• YLighting Warehouse Clearance Sale Customers save up to 80% on brands like Artemide, Bruck, Flos,Foscarini, Vibia, Luceplan, Estiluz, and more. There will be a selection of over 500 products from 25 brand names— ON SALE for two weeks only (or while supplies last)! Prices are being significantly slashed- it will be that much easier to add a modern touch to your home.
9/18 - 10/2
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
The Atrium | 300 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 02467
Northshore Mall | 210 Andover Street Peabody Massachusetts 01960
• Royal Copenhagen Sale September's special deal is on Royal Copenhagen's contemporary Black & White patterns — selected pieces are 30% - 70% off.
Royal Copenhagen online
9/1 - 9/30
• Artemide Sale 33% off best selling lighting families Tolomeo and Logicio — choose from table, floor, wall, ceiling and suspension models.
Boston Showroom | 343 Congress Street Boston, Massachusetts 02210
9/1 - 9/30: Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm
• Architecture and Design Film Festival The first film festival celebrating the creative spirit of architecture and design will be held in Waitsfield, Vermont during the height of fall colors. An exciting selection of films, including feature-length films, documentaries and shorts will engage the audience with how architects and designers think, work and create. The films profile visionary architects, the creative design process, environmental issues and the brilliant designs that we see and use every day. The program includes conversations with filmmakers, architects and designers. A benefit for Yestermorrow Design / Build School.
Tickets & Schedule online.
Big Picture Theater and Cafe 48 Carroll Road (off Route 100) Waitsfield, Vermont 05673
9/24 – 9/27
• Orange from Susy Pilgrim Waters Farm Project Space and Gallery
15 Commercial Street Wellfleet, Massachusetts
9/10 - 9/28
• Hudson Semi-Annual Sale 20% off custom upholstery and casegood orders. Select items up to 50% off.
Hudson Boston | 312 Shawmut Avenue
Hudson Wellesley | 61A Central Street
• GSelect Sale 10% entire (online) store sale of carefully picked home decor items.
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The Boston Design Center 1 Design Center Place Suite 300 Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Baker at Cabot House 220 Worcester Road Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
8/21 - 10/19
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• FoMA Fall House Tour Lincoln's Friends of Modern Architecture (FoMA) invites you to tour the updated 1937 Cyrus Murphy House in Lincoln, Massachusetts. Free to FoMA members. Non-members $20 per person. Reservations required as space is limited. Reserve at: email@example.com and provide your e-mail and phone number. You will be given the address and time for your tour.
10/4: 2pm - 5pm
• RISD Fall Alumni & Student Art Sale The RISD Fall Art Sale provides the ideal opportunity to purchase one-of-a-kind pieces and get a jump on holiday shopping. The sale is free and open to the public, and provides a chance to experience Providence's local, artist-friendly community while viewing the latest works from both emerging and established artists.
Benefit Street in Providence, Rhode Island (between Waterman and Hopkins Streets)
Saturday, 10/10: 10am - 4pm
• Marimekko Show D/R celebrates 50 years of Finnish Design in the U.S. — the fabrics and furnishings of the original Design Research is presented in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of D/R's introduction of the bold colorful fabrics and fashions of the Marimekko Company of Helsinki, Finland.