• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Winter Clearance Sale
• Get Organized Day at the Habitat ReStore
• DWR Upholstery & Rug Sale
• Valerianne Sale
• Abitare Sale
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving
• ASID's Spring Spruce-Up
• Drawing Toward Home
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor
Jump below for more information…
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Winter Clearance Sale Save 35% - 70% on floor samples and select stock. All upholstery special orders are 20% off.
DC | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | 526 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005
Now - 1/31
• Get Organized Day at the Habitat ReStore Start the year off right by learning organizing tips and strategies to keep you and your home organized, speak to wellness professionals about your fitness and wellness goals, and shop for great deals at the Habitat ReStore of Northern Virginia. ReStore sells new and used building materials and home improvement items to the general public. All materials are donated by local retail businesses, building contractors, suppliers and individuals, and are made available for sale to the public at 50 to 90 percent below retail prices. All proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia.
Northern Virginia ReStore | 7770 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia 22306 (behind the Gold's Gym)
1/23: 10:30am - 3pm
• DWR Upholstery & Rug Sale Save 15% on a selection of sofas, sectionals, sleepers, ottomans, chairs and rugs.
Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Road NW Washington DC 20009
Georgetown | 3307 Cady's Alley NW Washington DC 20007
Bethesda | 4828 Saint Elmo Avenue Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Philadelphia | 1710 Walnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Princeton | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
Now - 2/2
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving Promotion Consumers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
In the DC area, Gus* Modern can be found at:
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington, DC
Homebody | 715 8th Street SE Washington, DC
Retro Metro | 213 North Market St. Frederick, Maryland
Madison Interiors | 8251 Telegraph Road Odenton, Maryland
Ocean Boulevard Furniture | 18467 Coastal Highway Lewes, Delaware
1/1 - 1/31
• ASID's Spring Spruce-Up The Washington Metro Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) launches its annual Spring Spruce-Up on Super Bowl Sunday. The program matches consumers with ASID designers for a one or two hour consultation for the promotional rate of $100 per hour. All proceeds go directly to the chapter to support ASID activities.
Online registration: 2/7 at 9am. Applications for this quick-to-fill-up program will be accepted until all available slots are filled.
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor Dubbed by the legendary Diana Vreeland as "the James Dean of Interior Design," Michael Taylor was one of the most innovative, imitated, and internationally respected design icons of the 20th century. Taylor revolutionized interior design with his invention of the "California Look" that brought the outdoors inside. On this evening, design expert and author Stephen Salny presents some of Taylor's most notable interiors, illustrates how Taylor's work continues to influence interior design today, and shares stories about the designer whose personality — as well as his interiors — were larger than life. Following the talk, Salny signs copies of his new book, Michael Taylor Interior Design. Members: $12 Public: $15
Corcoran Gallery of Art | 500 17th Street NW