• Baker & McGuire Sale
• Container Store's Work Smart Office Sale
• Jonathan Adler Upholstery Sale
• Timothy Paul Sale
• Sukio Design Tag Sale
• Home on the Harbor Sale
• Creative Classics Furniture Sale
• Chartreuse & Co. Sale
• The Company Store White Sale
• Drawing Toward Home
• DWR Bedroom & Bath Sale
• The Brass Knob Sale
• Red Barn Mercantile Upholstery Sale
• Abitare Sale
4 more below the jump…
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor
• American Craft Council Show
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown
• Capital Design Days
• Container Store's Work Smart Office Sale Save on office organizational supplies. During the sale, Container Store is providing FREE in-store "Get Your Office Working For You" demonstrations — every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm & 4 pm from 2/27 - 3/28. They're giving away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the DC area:
DC | 4500 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, DC 20016
Arlington | 2800 Clarendon Boulevard R-750 Arlington, Virginia 22201
Rockville | 1601 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland 20852
Tysons Corner | 8508 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182
2/16 - 3/28
• Sukio Design Tag Sale 20% off all inventory (Jonathan Adler, KleinReid, Michele Varian, ThomasPaul, and more!) to make way for new wares and, more importantly, raise money for Doctors Without Borders (MSF).
Sukio Design Co. - Dekka Showroom | 1338 U Street NW - 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20009
2/20 - 2/21: 10am - 7pm
• Home on the Harbor Moving Sale Save 15 - 50% on floor samples and accessories from Kartell, Blu Dot, Gus Modern, Alessi, Chilewich, Flos and more.
Historic Mt. Washington Mill, 1340 Smith Avenue, Baltimore Maryland 21209
2/13 - 2/20: 10am - 5pm, closed Sunday & Monday
• Chartreuse & Co. Sale 3 vintage buildings full of new and vintage furniture and home accessories, architectural salvage, art, jewelry, and garden decor just waiting to go home with you!
Chartreuse & Co. | 4007a Buckeystown Pike Frederick, Maryland 21704
2/19: 9am - 5pm
2/20: 9am - 5pm
2/21: 12pm - 5pm
• The Company Store White Sale Bedding, blankets and towels on sale.
Now - 3/10
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• ContextContrast: New Architecture in Historic Districts, 1967-2009 An exhibition exploring the role and realization of new architecture in urban historic districts — examples from New York relevant to cities around the country.
AIA National Headquarters | 1735 New York Avenue NW Washington DC
2/4 - 4/28
• DWR Bedroom & Bath Sale Save 15% on mattresses, bedding, accessories, bath items and bedroom furniture.
Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Road NW Washington DC 20009
Georgetown | 3307 Cady's Alley NW Washington DC 20007
Bethesda | 4828 Saint Elmo Avenue Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Philadelphia | 1710 Walnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Princeton | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
2/8 - 2/20
• Red Barn Mercantile Upholstery Sale 25% off all benchmade upholstery.
113 South Columbus Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Revolutionary Interiors of Michael Taylor Dubbed by the legendary Diana Vreeland as "the James Dean of Interior Design," Michael Taylor was one of the most innovative, imitated, and internationally respected design icons of the 20th century. Taylor revolutionized interior design with his invention of the "California Look" that brought the outdoors inside. On this evening, design expert and author Stephen Salny presents some of Taylor's most notable interiors, illustrates how Taylor's work continues to influence interior design today, and shares stories about the designer whose personality — as well as his interiors — were larger than life. Following the talk, Salny signs copies of his new book, Michael Taylor Interior Design. Members: $12 Public: $15
Corcoran Gallery of Art | 500 17th Street NW
• American Craft Council Show The largest juried, indoor craft show in the nation. The highest quality of handmade jewelry, furniture, clothing, home décor, and more, available for purchase.
Baltimore Convention Center | One West Pratt Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
2/25 - 2/28
• Mitchell Gold @ The House Downtown Renowned design expert Mitchell Gold will sign his timely new book, The Comfortable Home: How to Invest in Your Nest and Live Well for Less during a launch party and reception at The House Downtown. For one night only, Gold and The House Downtown will offer a buy one book, get one free promotion. Baltimore's premier independent retailer for classic, sophisticated furnishings and accessories, The House Downtown is now authorized to carry Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture. Starting in 2010, The House Downtown will be the only independent retailer in Maryland authorized to carry Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams furniture, which is known worldwide for its fine quality, comfort, and style.
The House Downtown | Belvedere Square/524 East Belvedere Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21212
3/11: 6pm - 8pm
• Capital Design Days The Washington Design Center's Capital Design Daysis an annual market extravaganza highlighting trends in furniture, design, textiles, and color. This year's celebration will educate and inspire trade professionals and students alike through guest lectures and feature presentations by industry leaders including House Beautiful Editor-In-Chief Stephen Drucker, Jamie Drake, Celerie Kemble, and Metropolis Editor-in-Chief Susan Szenasy.
DC Design Center
3/10 - 3/12