• Vastu Floor Sample Sale
• Chartreuse & Co Vintage Tag Sale
• YLighting FLOS Sale
• Baker & McGuire Sale
• DWR Humanscale Sale
• Bunny Williams & John Rosselli @ SCAD
• Nakashima Presentation @ DWR
• Container Store's Office Sale
• Drawing Toward Home
• Find-A-Designer Day
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Vastu Floor Sample Sale Beautiful sofas, one-of-a-kind occasional chairs, tables, beds and dressers on sale for up to 50% off.
1829 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
3/16 - 3/21: Tues - Sat 11am - 7pm, Sunday 12pm - 5pm
• Chartreuse & Co Vintage Tag Sale 3 vintage buildings full of new and vintage furniture and home accessories, architectural salvage, art, jewelry, and garden decor just waiting to go home with you!
4007a Buckeystown Pike Frederick, Maryland 21704
3/18: 6pm - 9pm 1st Dibs Pre-Sale event
3/19: 9am - 5pm
3/20: 9am - 5pm
3/21: 12pm - 5pm
• YLighting FLOS Sale YLighting is reducing their prices on all FLOS products by 35%! Customers can choose from a great selection of lighting, including: table and floor lamps, ceiling lights, chandeliers and wall sconces. In addition, YLighting wants to ensure your lighting arrives efficiently and inexpensively. Therefore, they offer free UPS ground shipping on all orders over $50.
3/12 - 3/20
• DWR Humanscale Sale Save 15% on select Humanscale ergonomic task seating.
Adams Morgan | 1838 Columbia Road NW Washington DC 20009
Georgetown | 3307 Cady's Alley NW Washington DC 20007
Bethesda | 4828 Saint Elmo Avenue Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Philadelphia | 1710 Walnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Princeton | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
3/18 - 3/30
• Bunny Williams & John Rosselli @ SCAD The celebrated design couple, interior designer Bunny Williams and her husband, antiques dealer John Rosselli, will speak at the Savannah College of Art and Design. The couple will discuss their lifelong passion for collecting, interior design and living. Admission is free and open to the public.
SCAD | Arnold Hall auditorium, at Bull and 35th streets, Savannah, Georgia
• Nakashima Presentation @ DWR A presentation by Mira Nakashima-Yarnall on the life and work of her father, George Nakashima. We welcome celebrated furniture designer George Nakashima's daughter, Mira Nakashima-Yarnall, to the Princeton Studio for a presentation and discussion. She'll speak of her father's legacy, the Nakashima Foundation, as well as the design of the Shoki Collection, a new line that she created from her father's early notebook drawings. Sushi, hors d'oeuvres and wine will be served. RSVP to email@example.com
DWR Princeton Studio | 30 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08542
3/28: 4pm - 6pm
• Container Store's Work Smart Office Sale Save on office organizational supplies. During the sale, Container Store is providing FREE in-store "Get Your Office Working For You" demonstrations — every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm & 4 pm from 2/27 - 3/28. They're giving away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the DC area:
DC | 4500 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, DC 20016
Arlington | 2800 Clarendon Boulevard R-750 Arlington, Virginia 22201
Rockville | 1601 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland 20852
Tysons Corner | 8508 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182
2/16 - 3/28
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• ContextContrast: New Architecture in Historic Districts, 1967-2009 An exhibition exploring the role and realization of new architecture in urban historic districts — examples from New York relevant to cities around the country.
AIA National Headquarters | 1735 New York Avenue NW Washington DC
2/4 - 4/28
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Find-A-Designer Day Visit The Washington Design Center during the Traditional Home magazine Find-A-Designer Day to learn how to best use your time with a designer, receive a free 30 minute consultation with a design professional and have the opportunity to shop over 60 WDC showrooms. Additionally, design professionals can attend an informational presentation by Crans Baldwin, CEO of Donghia. At 6pm, attendees will be treated to a cocktail reception in the luxurious Century showroom.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
4/29: 2pm - 6pm