• Drawing Toward Home
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• Container Store's Organization Sale
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Artemide Sale
• Artemide Sale @ Lumens.com
• Personal Archiving Day
• Robin and Lucienne Day Documentary
• Thomas O'Brien @ Corcoran Gallery of Art
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• Brandywine River Antiques Show
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY 'Experiments & Narratives' featuring the work of Sarah Smith — her new collection uses a collection of collage materials on canvas along with a mix of ink, acrylic paints, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington DC 20009
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 7pm - 9pm
5/7 - 6/20
• BoConcept Sale Save big on multifunctional designs for small spaces like the ottoman that converts to a twin bed, expandable dining tables and functional coffee tables with storage space and rising panels.
3 DC & Mid-Atlantic BoConcept Stores
5/1 - 6/15
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale Save on functional and attractive organizing products. During the sale experts will be providing FREE in-store Spring Organization demonstrations every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and 4pm, from April 10th - May 9th. We'll also give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the DC area:
DC | 4500 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, DC 20016
Arlington | 2800 Clarendon Boulevard R-750 Arlington, Virginia 22201
Rockville | 1601 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland 20852
Tysons Corner | 8508 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182
3/29 - 5/9
• Artemide Sale 30% off list prices on select items, as well as free shipping.
Artemide Mid-Atlantic Showrooms and Online
DC | 415 8th Street NW Washington, DC 20004
Philadelphia | 232 North 2nd Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
4/10 - 5/10
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Personal Archiving Day at the Library of Congress The Library's preservation experts will talk directly with individuals about managing their materials in all formats — everything from e-mail to home movies to digital photographs and recorded sound.
Library of Congress | 101 Independence Avenue SE Washington, DC 20540
• Robin and Lucienne Day Documentary World premiere screening of documentary, Contemporary Days: Robin and Lucienne Day Design the UK. A question and answer session with Director Murray Grigor and Cinematographer Hamid Shams will follow the screening. For more information on the premiere and film, and to purchase tickets to the event, please visit www.designonscreen.org/days. Tickets must be purchased in advance ($15).
National Geographic Museum's Grosvenor Auditorium | 1145 17th Street NW, Washington, DC.
• Thomas O'Brien @ Corcoran Gallery of Art Acclaimed interior and home furnishings designer Thomas O'Brien discusses his design philosophy and his new book, American Modern (Abrams, 2010), a survey of seven of his most influential projects ranging from traditional to modern in style. A book signing follows the talk. Members $12; Public $15.
Corcoran Gallery of Art | 500 Seventeenth Street NW Washington, DC 20006
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• Brandywine River Antiques Show Thirty-one of the nation's most distinguished antiques dealers will once again showcase a variety of American and English furniture, glass, metalware, ceramics folk art, quilts, Oriental and European porcelain, rugs and other fine collectibles at the 39th Annual Brandywine River Museum Antiques Show. $12 fee.
Brandywine River Museum | US Route 1 in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5/29 - 5/31: 10am - 5pm
Image: Drawing From Home exhibit at the National Building Museum
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: