• Emeco Sale
• David Iatesta Sample Sale
• Amy Karyn Warehouse Sale
• Robin and Lucienne Day Documentary
• Thomas O'Brien @ Corcoran Gallery of Art
• Drawing Toward Home
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Wexel Art Sale
• Mid City Artists Open Studios
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• Brandywine River Antiques Show
details below the jump…
• Amy Karyn Warehouse Sale Textile Designer Amy Karyn is opening her warehouse in Doylestown, Pennsylvania to the public for four days. Sale will include excellent prices on designer fabrics, trims, pillows, antiques, lamps, artwork, furniture, and more! Take advantage of prices at wholesale and below on everything from linen to cotton to chenilles. Cash and carry, all sales final.
Amy Karyn Warehouse | 3853 Old Easton Road, Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901
5/13 & 5:14: 8:30am - 6pm
5/15 & 5:16: 9am - 5pm
• Robin and Lucienne Day Documentary World premiere screening of documentary, Contemporary Days: Robin and Lucienne Day Design the UK. A question and answer session with Director Murray Grigor and Cinematographer Hamid Shams will follow the screening. For more information on the premiere and film, and to purchase tickets to the event, please visit www.designonscreen.org/days. Tickets must be purchased in advance ($15).
National Geographic Museum's Grosvenor Auditorium | 1145 17th Street NW, Washington, DC.
• Thomas O'Brien @ Corcoran Gallery of Art Acclaimed interior and home furnishings designer Thomas O'Brien discusses his design philosophy and his new book, American Modern (Abrams, 2010), a survey of seven of his most influential projects ranging from traditional to modern in style. A book signing follows the talk. Members $12; Public $15.
Corcoran Gallery of Art | 500 Seventeenth Street NW Washington, DC 20006
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY 'Experiments & Narratives' featuring the work of Sarah Smith — her new collection uses a collection of collage materials on canvas along with a mix of ink, acrylic paints, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington DC 20009
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 7pm - 9pm
5/7 - 6/20
• BoConcept Sale Save big on multifunctional designs for small spaces like the ottoman that converts to a twin bed, expandable dining tables and functional coffee tables with storage space and rising panels.
3 DC & Mid-Atlantic BoConcept Stores
5/1 - 6/15
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Mid City Artists Open Studios Twice yearly, the artists in the neighborhood between Dupont and Logan Circles invite visitors into their studios.
5/22 & 5/23
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• Brandywine River Antiques Show Thirty-one of the nation's most distinguished antiques dealers will once again showcase a variety of American and English furniture, glass, metalware, ceramics folk art, quilts, Oriental and European porcelain, rugs and other fine collectibles at the 39th Annual Brandywine River Museum Antiques Show. $12 fee.
Brandywine River Museum | US Route 1 in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5/29 - 5/31: 10am - 5pm
Image: Emeco Nine-0 Swivel Chair
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: