There's no time like Spring to say out with the old and in with the new. Apparently this notion also applies to retailers, as we're seeing more and more spring warehouse sales. We're also seeing more special events, like CraftBoston and the NYC Green Festival, now that the weather's warming up. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown Swag Paper Spring Sale, Craftboston Spring, Uni Home Store Spring Sale, Living Contemporary Auctions at Wright
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- EKLA Home Tax Relief Sale EKLA Home is excited to announce a Tax Relief Sale. This limited promotion allows consumers the chance to purchase one of the most popular sofas from the collection, the TOM sofa, at an unbelievable cost.
- Simplicity Sofas Spring Sale Simplicity Sofas is offering their biggest savings ever. Get an instant $250 off with any purchase of two or more pieces.
- Swag Paper Spring Sale 25% off on all orders over $50.
- A Palladian Villa By Michael S. Smith Michael S. Smith, who designed the Obama White House and works with many celebrity and high-profile clients, has an upcoming auction at Christie's. The sale will include over 500 extraordinary lots of contemporary art, English furniture, Old Master paintings, Chinese works of art, antiquities, and Southeast Asian art from the remarkable private property detailed in his newest book Building Beauty: The Alchemy of Design.
Christie's Auction Catalog
4/23 - 4/24
- Preservation Week Did you know that 1.3 billion priceless treasures held by public institutions are at risk of being lost due to preservation ignorance? Public institutions are not alone as individuals also struggle with how to preserve collectibles, family heirlooms and digital photographs.Staring Sunday, thousands of library patrons will turn to public, academic and school libraries to celebrate Preservation Week, a time when libraries across the country will provide information and expertise on how to preserve collectibles, photos, family records and other valuable materials.
Event and Location Information
4/21 - 4/27
- Truly Swedish Designs' Pappelina Rug Event The entire Pappelina Rug collection is 10% off. If you haven't already discovered the Swedish plastic rugs by Pappelina you are in for a treat. These fun and practical rugs can be used in any room of your home and outside during warm weather. The rugs are long lasting, non-toxic and machine washable.
- Plywerk Mother's Day Sale Skip flowers and brunch this year. Get your mom an eco-conscious, personalized, and unique gift this Mother’s Day.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- CoolChairz.com Storewide Sale Save 10% off any order placed in the month of April. No minimum order required and free shipping.
- Au Lit Fine Linens Pillow & Duvet Sale All pillows, duvets, featherbeds, mattress pads and protectors are 25% off this month. Plus, enjoy free shipping to the US and Canada on all online orders over $250.
Online and in store
- Lightology Sale Save 10% - 30% on top lighting brands throughout the month of April. Take advantage of Spring sales on brands like Sonneman A Way of Light, ET2 Contemporary Lighting and Varaluz. Plus, select fixtures from the Lightology Collection are 30%
Online and in store
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- Craftboston Spring Craftboston Spring features 200 artists selling contemporary pieces in baskets, ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, wood and more.
Seaport World Trade Center | 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
4/19 - 4/21
- Lekker Home's 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale Lekker is celebrating 10 Years and they’re kicking things off with a 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale. Join them for celebratory toasts, tastes and treats. As a thank you to customers they’ll be holding a private sale with special deals, door prizes and gifts. There are also exclusive specials with up to 50% off in savings from such designs brands as Area Bedding, Blomus, Ethnicraft, Marie’s Corner, Menu, Modern Twist, Studio Patro and Teroforma. These Exclusive Specials will be announced each week through April.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
- SAIC 13th Annual Spring Art Sale More than 120 School of the Art Institute of Chicago students will be selling a diverse selection of their work including jewelry, paintings, sculpture, photography, prints, fashion, and multimedia.
SAIC Ballroom | 112 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
4/19: 11am - 7pm
4/20: 10am - 5pm
- Vintage Garage Chicago This weekend marks the season opener of Vintage Garage Chicago. To celebrate, join other vintage fans for a vintage style bike ride at the show. The season opener of the Garage will begin at 9am and bikers will meet for the ride at the entrance at 11am.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
- Chicago Botanic Garden Antiques and Garden Fair Find inspiration for a renewed garden palette among display gardens and vendors selling exquisite vintage items and garden-related merchandise from around the United States and Europe. Absorb the valuable insight of design and garden experts at key lectures throughout the weekend.
Chicago Botanic Garden | 1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe, Illinois 60022
4/19 - 4/21
- Master Drawings by Pablo Picasso & Living Contemporary Auctions Master drawings by Pablo Picasso done throughout his prolific career will be auctioned at Wrigh. Living Contemporary will follow the Picasso auction. Living Contemporary is Wright's highly-anticipated auction featuring a well-curated selection of art and design. This season's sale features a broad spectrum of works by iconoclast American artist Christopher Wool. This season's sale also features nearly fifty works from the collection of Joseph and Janet Shein, art patrons who have spent a lifetime collecting extraordinary works. Artists represented in the Shein collection include Philip Pearlstein, Julio Le Parc, Alex Katz, Jenny Hozler and Roy Lichtenstein.
Wright | 1440 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois 60642
- Chicago Luxury Bed + Hastens' "Let Nature In" Event Chicago Luxury Beds' popular Hästens trade up event is back. In celebration of spring and their all-natural materials, the theme of this year's promotion is "Let Nature In." Shoppers can trade in their old bed for and will receive a 10% credit on an all-natural handcrafted Hästens continental bed.
Chicago Luxury Bed | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Uni Home Store Annual furniture Spring sale! Up to 50% off on reclaimed, refurbished, and contemporary furniture!
Uni Designs | 3323-E1 Hyland Avenue, Costa Mesa, California 92626
- midcenturyLA Container Sale midcenturyLA is having a special sale this weekend on items they purchased in Denmark and England from 2 of our regular suppliers, at rare discounted costs, filling parts of 2 containers we've received in the last two weeks. Sorry no pictures yet on the website, still organizing them!
midcentury LA | 5333 Cahuenga Boulevard, North Hollywood, California 91601
4/21 - 4/22
- Salvation Army - Noah's ARC Design Challenge Event The Salvation Army’s Anaheim Adult Rehabilitation Center and the American Society of Interior Designers Orange County Chapter have combined their resources and talent for the last four years to create beautiful interior design with recycled items from Salvation Army Family Stores in Orange County, California. ASID student members from four local interior design colleges have taken on the challenge of designing 12’ X 12’ vignette rooms at four Salvation Army Family Stores in Orange County using only donated items from The Salvation Army and paint donated by Sherwin Williams. During the two week display period The Salvation Army will accept silent auction bids on all items inside the displays.
- BoConcept NJ Warehouse Sale Save up to 70% off BoConcept sofas, chairs, tables, rugs, pillows, lamps and other accessories.
BoConcept | 20 Pulaski Street, Bayonne, New Jersey 07002
4/20: 10am - 3pm
- Niche Modern Factory Sale Hand blown glass lighting, such as the signature Stamen, Pod and Pharos styles, will be available for sale at 50% to 80% off retail prices. There will also be some fantastic glass blowing demonstrations throughout the weekend by some of Niche Modern's master glassblowers.
Niche Modern | 5 Hanna Lane, Unit 6, Beacon, New York 12508
4/20 - 4/21: 12pm - 6pm
- 2nd Annual NYC Green Festival The nation’s largest and most trusted green living event will kick off its 12th year by bringing the New York City green community together at the Green Festival for the second time. Featured at the weekend-long show will be leaders in the environmental community, including speakers, entrepreneurs and activists as well as an organic beer and wine pavilion, a Green Kids’ Zone with activities for the youngest eco-warriors, and a unique marketplace of more than 300 eco-friendly businesses, featuring the latest and greatest in sustainable products and services. Free admission for anyone who rides a bike and parks it with the bike valet.
Javits Center North | 655 West 34th Street, New York, New York 10001
4/20: 10am - 6pm
4/21: 11am - 5pm
- DwellStudio Warehouse Sale Up to 70% off baby, home, kids and more.
DwellStudio | 83 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Mentoring Courtney Love: David LaChapelle and Courtney Love The concept of mentoring is one not often associated with the contemporary art world. Yet artist Courtney Love, best known as a musician, credits artist and photographer David LaChapelle with mentoring her as a visual artist. Love's work, featured in this exhibition, are all works on paper. They are executed in a combination of pastel, watercolor, graphite, colored pencil, charcoal, acrylic, and marker. The works on view are all portraits, including some self-portraits, and this is where we see the relationship between her work and that of her mentor David LaChapelle.
Lyman Allen Art Museum | 625 Williams Street, New London, Connecticut 06320
Opening Reception: 4/12: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 8/10
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
- Chronicle Books Warehouse Sale Stock up on gifts for yourself and friends with 65% off every item in the store. Choose from cookbooks, children’s books, lifestyle + home, arts + crafts, art + design, photography, travel, pop culture, and music titles. Plus, journals, stationery, and much more.
Chronicle Books | 680 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94107
4/25: 9am - 7pm
4/26: 9am - 7pm
4/27: 10am - 3pm
- Nantucket Home Spring Sale Stop by Nantucket Home and save up to 30% on all special order furniture, upholstery, area rugs, fabrics, window treatments & bedding.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico, California 95928
- Nature's Perfect Pillow Launch Stop by Nest Bedding for the Nature's Perfect Pillow Launch. An all natural alternative to the fluffy down and feather pillow, Nature's Perfect Pillow is made with all natural tree-derived products to produce the perfect blend of soft and still supportive. Chemical-free, all natural and USA made, designed by and available only at Nest Bedding.
Nest Bedding | 283 9th Street, San Francisco, California 94103
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Abstract Concrete Heiner Contemporary is pleased to announce Concrete Abstract, a group exhibition curated by Matthew Smith that explores the confluence of abstraction with the everyday, featuring work by Seth Adelsberger, Lisa Dillin, Jeremy Flick, Steven Frost, Sue Johnson, Becca Kallem, Patrick McDonough, Danielle Mysliwiec, and Matthew Smith.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008