NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Apt2B's Online Sidewalk Sale This LA store is bringing the savings nationwide with their first online sidewalk sale. Save up to 70% on furniture, housewares, and home decor.
• Unison Earth Day Sale Enjoy free shipping on all orders.
• ANICHINI Earth Day Sale 25% off all linen towels.
• Graham Brown 3 Day Sale 25% Off all regularly priced wallpaper and decor.
• Lumens.com Earth Week Sale Save up to 50% on energy-efficient contemporary lighting from top brands during Lumens' Go Green Lighting Sale for Earth Week.
• Vermont Woods Studios Bedroom Furniture Sale Savings up to 20% on hundreds of Vermont Woods Studios American Made bedroom pieces.
• Preservation Week at Your Library With spring cleaning underway, many Americans will struggle with how to protect keepsakes. Turn to libraries during Preservation Week @ your library, a time when public and academic libraries will provide information and expertise on how to preserve collectables, family documents, textiles, digital items and much more. Preservation Week @ your library is themed "Pass it on," and participating libraries will help connect library users with preservation tools; promote the importance of preservation; and will strive to enhance knowledge of preservation issues among the general public. During the week, libraries will focus on preservation themes including: Monday, LP (vinyl) records; Tuesday, quilts; Wednesday, comic books; Thursday, slides; Friday, digital photos; and Saturday, family letters.
Locations & Information
4/22 - 4/28
• 15% Off Ligne Roset Mixte Cabinetry Program A 15% discount will be offered on all orders of Mixte, Ligne Roset's new customizable cabinetry program designed for Ligne Roset by Mauro Lipparini.
• Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Get 20% off on stunning Asian-inspired Kitchen Cabinets and Maru Dining Tables, and up to 25% off on Bathroom Vanities.
• Cuddledown 400 Thread Count Sateen Sheet Sale Cuddledown's most popular 400 Thread Count Sateen sheets are on sale now. Plus, a new weekly special available every week.
• My Urban Child Crib Sale My Urban Child, a modern home décor store dedicated to children, has a spring crib sale event. Save 10%-15% off on select modern cribs and crib sets.
• Studio North Design Spring Sale Save 25% off the popular Block and Board Shelving Collection and 30% off other home accessories.
• FLOR Store Opening Join FLOR for a Grand Opening Event celebrating their newest retail store. Experience the beauty and flexibility of this premium modular floorcovering system. Designed for real life, FLOR squares let you replace squares, not rooms, and are an environmentally-responsible choice for modern lifestyles. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
FLOR | 236 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
4/26: 6pm - 8pm
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• Garden Variety/Earth Day Event at Unison Celebrating Earth Day with things locally designed, made and grown. Featuring: Fine preserved foods by Mess Hall & Co., vases by ceramic design Up In The Air Somewhere, buy shares in Bare Knuckle Farm, the Midwest's best CSA, tomato plants, herb gardens and fruit trees by Christy Webber Gardens, limited edition garden belts + pillows from Unison. Plus, bring your own shopping bags and get 20% off Unison products.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
4/21: 10am - 4pm
• Chicago Antique Jewelry & Watch Show The Chicago Antique Jewelry & Watch Show is coming to town for the first time ever and will unveil iconic pieces once owned by celebs along with the finest antique, estate and vintage jewelry and watches. Items range from diamonds, precious gems, and signed pieces from famous brands such as Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston, Patek Philippe, Cartier, Rolex and David Webb. There will be several media opportunities for you to interact with designers, learn fun tips, meet with antique collectors as well as photo opportunities.
Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers | 301 East North Water Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611
4/20 - 4/22
• Saturday Audio Exchange 30th Anniversary Sale Chicagoland's preeminent retailer of high-quality new and used audio and home theatre components celebrate 30 years in business with a huge sale. Featured are 200 items at $30 each; additional items at $30 off and 30% off and floor models marked down to never before seen savings.
Saturday Audio Exchange | 1021 West Belmont, Chicago, Illinois 60657
4/21 - 4/29
• Arroyo's Edge: Greene & Green Interiors 2012 Take a tour of six Greene and Greene-designed properties in Pasadena's historic Park Place neighborhood. Thanks to the generosity of six property owners, the Arroyo's Edge tour will feature: the Duncan-Irwin house (1906-08), the Mary Ranney house (1907), the F. W. Hawks house (1906), the Van Rossem-Neill house (1903-06), the Louise T. Halstead house (1905-15) and the James Culbertson garden (1902-14), and will give participants a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Greene and Greene interiors that are rarely, if ever, opened to the public. TICKETS
Park Place Neighborhood | 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, California 91103
4/22: 12pm - 5pm
• Haute House Grand Opening Check out the grand opening of this furniture design and manufacturing company.
Haute House | 3501 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, California 90065
• Urban Discovery at Artspace Warehouse New art exhibition Urban Discovery celebrates unnoticed urban environments in contemporary art. New series of artworks debut from artists Colleen Sandland, Johnny Taylor, Carl Smith, Ashleigh Sumner, Steven M O'Connor and Clara Berta.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Jeff ZImmerman at Duke & Duke Duke & Duke is pleased to announce the exhibition of master glass artist and lighting designer Jeff Zimmerman. The exhibition explores a variety of Zimmerman's glass sculpture along with new light works, all which convey organic details and natural forms.
Duke & Duke | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• The Orchid Show at The New York Botanical Garden The Orchid Show takes vertical gardens to new heights in its 10th year. The nation's largest exhibition of orchids offers insight into the mystery of these spectacular flowers. The vertical gardens of French botanist and artist Patrick Blanc--featuring structures covered in orchids, ferns, exotic plants, and epiphytes freed from the constraints of gravity--transform the historic Enid A. Haupt Conservatory into an exotic spectacle to dazzle the senses in The Orchid Show: Patrick Blanc's Vertical Gardens.">The Orchid Show at The New York Botanical Garden The Orchid Show takes vertical gardens to new heights in its 10th year. The nation's largest exhibition of orchids offers insight into the mystery of these spectacular flowers. The vertical gardens of French botanist and artist Patrick Blanc--featuring structures covered in orchids, ferns, exotic plants, and epiphytes freed from the constraints of gravity--transform the historic Enid A. Haupt Conservatory into an exotic spectacle to dazzle the senses in The Orchid Show: Patrick Blanc's Vertical Gardens.
The New York Botanical Garden | 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx, New York 10458
• NYC Green Festival Green Festival, the largest sustainability event in the world, will show the entire family just how easy being green can be. Featured at the weekend-long show will be leaders in the environmental community, including speakers, entrepreneurs and activists as well as an organic beer and wine pavilion, a Green Economy Expo and a unique marketplace of more than 300 eco-friendly businesses, featuring the latest and greatest in sustainable products and services.
Javits Center | 655 West 34th Street, New York, New York 10001
4/21 - 4/22
• Affordable Art Fair Shaking up the dusty model of art as an elite pastime, the Affordable Art Fair will showcase new artists, galleries, programming, and installations!
Affordable Art Fair | 7 West 34th Street, New York, New York 10001
• Housing Works Design on a Dime 2012 VIP Opening Night Reception Housing Works will present its eighth-annual Design on a Dime interior design shopping benefit at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. This year founding chair, designer James Huniford will be joined by three incredible chairs: Lara Spencer ("Good Morning America" Co-Anchor, author of I BRAKE FOR YARD SALES and interior designer), Charlotte Moss (Acclaimed designer and author) and Evette Rios interior designer and the Rachel Ray Show expert DIYer. In addition, over 50 of the country's top designers will put together new home furnishings, artwork and accessories to create unforgettable room vignettes. All items will be sold for 40 to 60 percent off retail pricing with proceeds benefiting Housing Works, New York's largest community-based AIDS service organization.
Metropolitan Pavilion | 125 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011
4/26: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
• Jensen Lewis Spring Clearance Event To make room for Spring and Summer collections, save up to 70% off select items - from dining and living room furniture to bedroom and home office. Sale items are available on a first come first serve basis and only at the 7th Avenue showroom.
Jensen Lewis | 89 7th Avenue, New York, New York 10011
• Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York In the early 1800s, furniture from the workshop of New York City cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe was in such demand that he was referred to as the "United States Rage." Organized chronologically, this exhibition presents the cabinetmaker's life and work through drawings, documents, personal possession, and furniture. Portraits of his clients and contemporary depictions of New York City street scenes and domestic interiors provide a glimpse into Phyfe's milieu.
Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
• Sky and Sea at Lux Archive Lux Archive is pleased to announce Sky and Sea, an exhibition of twelve fine-art photographs by artists Alessandro Puccinelli, Paul Nelson and Nenad Saljic. The exhibition features three series of images, each a portrayal of one element from the natural world. All twelve images are new additions to Lux Archive and are available for purchase as limited-edition prints. The first 25 guests will receive a $25 coupon for use on the Lux Archive website.
Lux Archive | 211 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
• Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Sale 3000 square feet of Mid-Century and Danish modern furniture, art and lighting. open to the public for 3 hours only. Patinated steel storage cabinets, Biergarten tables, Barcelona chairs, and much more. Below wholesale pricing.
Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse | 1217 East Columbia Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
4/22: 12pm - 3pm
• Spring Cleaning: A Day of Experimental Archaeology Eighteenth and 21st centuries meet at the John Brown House Museum when RIHS Director of Collections Kirsten Hammerstrom and Registrar Dana Signe Munroe get the museum ready for spring in the 18th century manner. Dressed in period-appropriate clothing, we will discover what it takes to make the John Brown House ready for spring.
John Brown House | 52 Power Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02906
4/21: 10am - 4pm
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Special Order Plus Event Save 20% on all special order upholstery. Plus all rugs, lighting, accessories, tables & storage are 20% off.
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams | 1526 14th Street NW, Washington DC 20005
• 2012 DC Design House The DC Design House is a unique design show house event for the DC Metro area where top designers showcase their talents to raise funds for Children's National Medical Center. Situated on a one-half-acre site, this year's home, also known as the Blue House, boasts 10,000 square feet, seven-bedrooms, and seven baths.
DC Design House | 4951 Rockwood Parkway, NW, Washington, DC 20016
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images (clockwise from top left): Apt2B, Graham Brown, Lumens and Studio North)