Our weekly list of carefully curated sales and events can help you no matter where you live. Click below for our massive list of deals at national retailers, local floor sample and warehouse sales, not-to-be-missed museum exhibitions, showhouses and home & design-centric lectures and discussions. Pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Unison Sale Further markdowns! 50-75% off with Free Shipping.
• Henry Road Sale It's that grand time of year again! Time for the annual 40% off practically everything sale (fabric and artwork excluded).
Online and in store
• Golden Easter Egg Hunt With the Easter Bunny hopping around the corner, it’s time to hunt for the golden egg at Modani Furniture. Each location in New York, Miami and Los Angeles has Easter Eggs hidden around the store. Are you lucky enough to find the $100 egg? Stop by for plenty of Easter specials, with many items discounted by 50% - 70%.
• Polka Dot Peacock Spring Sale It's time for the annual Serena & Lily Spring Cleaning Sale. Shop the expansive selection of sale items — from duvet covers and sheet sets to gifts, crib bedding and more!
• TriBeCa Ball Art & Furniture Sale Benefitting the New York Academy of Art, all of the furniture and art for sale was used in the VandM cocktail lounge at the 2011 TriBeCa Ball. The Ball was featured in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, WSJ, WWD, Huffington Post, NY Observer, and many other news outlets.
• Serena & Lily Bazaar Serena & Lily, the premier linens and homewares company, re-launches their infamous online Bazaar, a collection of unique home décor items sourced from around the world. The Bazaar, a seasonal online pop-up shop that is now open selectively six to eight times a year, features an ever-changing assortment of distinctive and one-of-a-kind treasures in several categories such as furniture, lighting, rugs, wall décor, textiles and objets d’art.
4/23 - 4/28
• Corona Outdoor Furniture Sale Just in time for summer, Modani Furniture has lowered the price on one its most popular outdoor sets, the Coronado Outdoor sectional. Made of synthetic rattan which is weather, bug and sun resistant, it has comfortable cushions that have replaceable cushion covers in multiple colors.
Online and in stores
• Thos. Moser Lounge Seating Sale Throughout April sofas, wing chairs, club chairs, ottomans and the entire lounge seating collection from Thos. Moser will be 15% off, including pieces from the popular American Bungalow, Pasadena and Vita collections.
Online and in showrooms
• Lightology ET2 Sale 10% off all ET2, including pendants, chandeliers, bathroom lighting, table lamps, wall sconces and more. Plus, 10% off select outdoor lighting from Hinkley.
• Henry Road Clearance Massive clearance sale on all table cloths and runners and a whole heap of pillows. Up to 70% off while supplies last.
• LZF Sale Save 30% on LZF's award-winning pendant, wall and desk lights at YLighting and also enjoy free shipping.
• Faucet Direct Sale Incredible sales on Moen, Kohler, and Hansgrohe, just in time for remodeling season.
• Variegated Online Pop-Up Shop Deep discounts on one-of-a-kind and limited-edition handmade linen pillows and sachets by Brooklyn-based textile studio Variegated.
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale During the special order plus event save 20% on special order upholstery. Seclect from 450+ frame and 300+ fabrics and leathers (or use your own). Plus, save 20% on all tables/storage, rugs, lighting & accessories.
• Sylvester & Co Spring Sale Save 20% off all Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams orders.
• Shade Store Drapery Sale Save 10% on all custom drapery styles, with decorative hardware available. All orders ship within 10 days.
• The "That's So Potted" Contest Show off your favorite container planting and you could win a $500 Shopping Spree at Potted. If you shop at Potted, you know how much they love to plant containers. They thought it would be cool to see what you all came up with so they are holding their first contest ever. Open to anyone in the Continental US.
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• New England Wood Event Buy one piece of hardwood furniture from New England and save 20% on a second piece of equal or lesser value.
Circle Furniture | 199 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
• John Brooks: A Collaboration with Nature An exhibition of forty works by the nationally recognized New Hampshire sculptor and furniture maker.
Currier Museum of Art | 150 Ash Street, Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
• Urbanest Store Closing Sale Andersonville's Urbanest is closing their store and moving to an online format. Take 20-40% of all furniture.
Urbanest | 5212 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60640
• The Spring Show The lively mix of artists in the atrium of Architectural Artifacts reopens your eyes after the slushy grays of Chicago winter. Jewelry, painting, ceramics, textiles, paper goods and much more will be included in this alternative juried show at this landmark location. There will be over 60 artist participating, so there will be many options for Mother's day gifts. The Spring Show will also feature a silent auction of items donated by participating artists. Proceeds from the auction will be donated to Zepher Dance, an arts partner at Holstein Park.
Architectural Artifacts | 4325 North Ravenswood, Chicago, Illinois 60613
5/1: 10am - 5pm
• LA Mart Spring Sample Sale The furniture and home furnishings showrooms of L.A. Mart Design Center will open their doors to the public for savings of up to 70%. High-quality furniture, rugs, lighting, art, and home accessories of all styles will be featured. From modern to transitional to traditional to eclectic to European inspired styles, this sale that has something for every home aficionado, even outdoor furniture for spring/summer. Free design consultations with interior designer Brittany Styles are available by appointment on a first-come, first-served basis.
LA Mart Design Center | 1933 South Broadway, Los Angeles, California 90007
4/29 - 5/1
• Frank Lloyd Wright: Organic Architecture for the 21st Century Experience over 150 objects designed by “America’s greatest architect,” Frank Lloyd Wright. Featuring thirty-three never-before-shown drawings by the Wisconsin legend, as well as rare home movies, see the man you thought you knew in a whole new light.
Milwaukee Art Museum | 700 North Art Museum Drive, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
• Tim Groen Solo Exhibition Ivy Brown Gallery is pleased to announce artist/designer Tim Groen’s second solo exhibition with the gallery. Using captions that clarify illustrations in books, Tim Groen has been creating an ongoing series of collages, titled ”Captions.” Hand cutting each letter, using a font based on a 19th century wood type, he mounts the descriptive texts on identically sized boards.
Ivy Brown Gallery | 675 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014
• Riedel Sample Sale Save up to 70% off at this Riedel sample sale. As the premier wine glass company, Riedel crafts the finest crystal glasses, enhancing your wine and your table.
The Prive Chelsea Market | 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, New York 10011
4/26 - 4/28
• Molteni&C Sample Sale An extraordinary opportunity to purchase floor
samples of Molteni&C furnishings and Dada kitchens at great discount.
Molteni&C | 60 Greene Street, New York, New York 10012
• Screwball Spaces Open Studio Weekend Over 70 artists will open their studios to the public. Paintings, drawings, photography, sculpture, mixed media and a few things that defy categorization will be on view. Everyone is sure to see something that piques interest, provokes responses and enlightens. Visitors can engage in lively conversations with the artists and get an insider's look at artists in their working environments.
Screwball Spaces | 183 Lorraine Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11231
4/30 - 5/1: 12pm - 6pm
• Spring Cleaning Furniture Show Art Since the Summer of ‘69 presents Spring Cleaning, a project built around Adam Shopkorn’s paper recycling plexi cube tables. Shopkorn’s tables are plexi box cubes filled with shredded paper material in different colors and patterns; we invite visitors to bring in their own recyclable paper to be shredded in the space by Shopkorn and his assistants during the duration of the show.
Art Since the Summer of '69 | 195 Chrystie Street #303, New York, New York 10002
• Kalatay Closing Clearance In celebration of the retirement of Mirza A. Kalaty, Kalaty Rug Corp. will open its private showroom to the public for the first time. You'll find savings between 50% and 75% off original prices of the company’s vast collection of the finest quality Oriental rugs.
Kalatay | 443 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10016
• Stephen Burks: Man Made Stephen Burks: Man Made is The Studio Museum's first-ever industrial design exhibition and Stephen's first solo show in New York City, and features a unique project that furthers the industrial designer's ongoing exploration of the global economy of artisanal craft.
The Studio Museum | 144 West 125th Street, New York, New York 10027
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World) This first major museum survey of the work of illustrator, author and designer Maira Kalman features a selection spanning thirty years of 100 original paintings, drawings, and sketches shown along with the many ways Kalman's work has entered contemporary culture - in books and magazines, and on commercial products, from clothing to watches. Less widely seen works in photography, embroidery, textiles, and performance are also included. Kalman illuminates contemporary life with a profound sense of joy and unique sense of humor. As a context for this survey, Kalman has created a special installation to reveal some source material she has gathered as collector, walker, traveler, reader and maker of lists. Furnished with chairs, ladders and "many tables of many things," this installation offers a view of how she sees the world, both in and outside the studio.
The Jewish Museum | 1109 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10128
• Thinking Outside the Box: European Cabinets, Caskets, and Cases Featuring 100 works selected from the Museum’s Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
Through Summer 2011
• Philbrook Museum of Art's American Streamlined Design Exhibition Philbrook Museum of Art will open American Streamlined Design: The World of Tomorrow, focusing on a design era that emerged during the 1930s and 1940s, characterized by curving forms, and smooth, clean silhouettes. Over 185 objects in diverse new materials, from Bakelite to stainless steel, are organized thematically around the spheres of American life in the 1930s-50s: the office and workroom, the living room, kitchen, and bath, recreation and transportation. A final section, Streamlining Now, looks at how streamlining still affects design today.
Philbrook Musuem of Art | 2727 South Rockford Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114
• Green Works Closing Party Project 4 Gallery will host an Earth Day event and closing party for the exhibition Green Works. The event will feature a panel of local green experts who will share the secrets to their success and ideas for living eco-friendly from lifestyle to community.This is also the last chance to view the Green Works exhibition. The show features artists Heidi Fowler, Sayaka Ganz, Julia Anne Goodman, and Duncan Johnson who create extraordinary pieces that capture the beauty of the natural world using man-made and found objects.
Project 4 | 1353 U Street NW, 3rd floor, Washington DC 20009
4/22: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
• Bravos Groundbreaking Spanish Design Bravos introduces American audiences to new works by some of the most talented and successful young Spanish industrial designers living today. The exhibition features 21 designers from throughout Spain, including internationally renowned Jaime Hayon and Patricia Urquiola, experimental and innovative Curro Claret and Nacho Carbonell, as well as established designers Martin Azua, Marti Guixe and Antoni Arola. The works portray a remarkable diversity of styles and techniques representing the best product design from the Spanish Design Boom.
American University Art Museum at the Katzen Center | 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20016
• Designing Tomorrow: America’s World’s Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world’s fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum’s upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America’s World’s Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001