Soon we'll spend our weekends enjoying cookouts and beach parties. Until then, let's take the time to get our homes in shape for summer entertaining. To help, here are the week's best design-centric sales and events. Check them all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown above: Greentea Design's Rustic Collection Launch Sale, Twofold Mother's Day Promotion, SOBU Fifteen Sale, Unison Spring Warehouse Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Plywerk Mother's Day Sale Skip flowers and brunch this year. Get your mom an eco-conscious, personalized, and unique gift this Mother’s Day.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- Graham & Brown Spring Cleaning Sale It's that time of the year, out with the old in with the new. Shop wallpaper, paint, and wall art at 25% off all regularly priced products.
- Beetles & Butterflies Sale All art prints are marked 30% off.
- CoolChairz.com Storewide Sale Save 10% off any order placed in the month of April. No minimum order required and free shipping.
- Au Lit Fine Linens Pillow & Duvet Sale All pillows, duvets, featherbeds, mattress pads and protectors are 25% off this month. Plus, enjoy free shipping to the US and Canada on all online orders over $250.
Online and in store
- Lightology Sale Save 10% - 30% on top lighting brands throughout the month of April. Take advantage of Spring sales on brands like Sonneman A Way of Light, ET2 Contemporary Lighting and Varaluz. Plus, select fixtures from the Lightology Collection are 30%
Online and in store
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- BrickBox Sale at ModMobili This is the only time BrickBox items will be in sale this year. Place your order and receive 10% cash back.
- Twofold Mother's Day Promotion 20% off all items.
- Greentea Design's Rustic Collection Launch Sale It's Greentea Design's 15th anniversary. To celebrate, they're giving customers 20% off on the newly launched Rustic Collection.
- SOBU Fifteen Sale The entire SOBU Spring collection is 15% off. SOBU's eclectic, modern bohemian styling adds a little special something to every room of the house. Reclaimed, recycled, formaldehyde-free and absolutely no flame retardants used in the any of SOBU's designs.
- West Medford Open Studios West Medford Open Studios is a free open studio event that invites visitors from all over to experience exhibits of local art & crafts, musical and literary performances, and live arts demonstrations over the course of the weekend. The 2013 WMOS will showcase over 70 artists participating at 25 sites—including community buildings, private homes, and studios—located throughout West Medford. Guided by an event map, visitors can drop in on each site at their leisure, all weekend long.
4/27 - 4/28: 12pm - 5pm
- Lekker Home's 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale Lekker is celebrating 10 Years and they’re kicking things off with a 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale. Join them for celebratory toasts, tastes and treats. As a thank you to customers they’ll be holding a private sale with special deals, door prizes and gifts. There are also exclusive specials with up to 50% off in savings from such designs brands as Area Bedding, Blomus, Ethnicraft, Marie’s Corner, Menu, Modern Twist, Studio Patro and Teroforma. These Exclusive Specials will be announced each week through April.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
- Unison Spring Warehouse Sale Shop bins of sale bedding and blankets, B-quality pillows and unique samples up to 80% off. Shop A-quality quilts, pillows, duvets and sheets up to 75% off, plus enjoy additional discounts on select housewares and accessories up to 50% off. (Does not apply to orders placed online or by phone).
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street, Studio F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
4/26 - 4/27: 11am - 6pm
- Michigan Modernism Exposition An exposition and sale of 20th century design. Art nouveau, art deco, streamline, prairie school, Greek, Egyptian and gothic revival, surrealism and neo-baroque, art & crafts, industrial design, fifties, sixties, art moderne, tramp art and much more!
Southfield Municipal Complex | Evergreen Road at Civic Center Drive, Southfield, Michigan 48076
4/26 - 4/28
- The Green Wedding Recyclery Who says the popular "3 R" philosophy (reduce, reuse, recycle) can't be followed when referring to a wedding? The Chicago Green Wedding Alliance, a group of wedding vendors dedicated to sustainability and building green events, is excited to host a Wedding Recyclery for brides and vendors to recycle and sell wedding goods. The Green Wedding Recyclery is a collection of wedding items from recently-wed couples and wedding vendors. Slightly used and vintage wedding items—from Mason jars, to vases, to dresses, to jewelry and more—will be available for brides, grooms and vendors to peruse and buy.
Loft on Lake | 1366 West Lake Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603
4/28: 11am - 4pm
- Chicago Luxury Bed + Hastens' "Let Nature In" Event Chicago Luxury Beds' popular Hästens trade up event is back. In celebration of spring and their all-natural materials, the theme of this year's promotion is "Let Nature In." Shoppers can trade in their old bed for and will receive a 10% credit on an all-natural handcrafted Hästens continental bed.
Chicago Luxury Bed | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- 26th Annual LA Modernism Show Featuring over 50 exhibitors of 20th century furniture, decorative and fine arts from across the U.S. and Europe. Weekend admission of $15 includes show catalog and return entry — weekend admission tickets may be purchased at show entrance only.
Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Air Center | 3021 Airport Ave #203, Santa Monica, California 90405
4/25 - 4/28
- Mom & Pop Up Shop SoCal Etsy Guild has partnered up with CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles for this awesome, one-day only event. There will be live music all day, a variety of food trucks, fun craft activities and make-and-takes for the whole family, giveaways, games and the best shopping around. Crafted’s 75 permanent artists will be joined by over 75 additional artists selling Art, Handmade, Vintage and Artisanal food.
CRAFTED | 110 & 112 East 22nd Street, San Pedro, California 90731
4/27: 11am - 6pm
- Salvation Army - Noah's ARC Design Challenge Event The Salvation Army’s Anaheim Adult Rehabilitation Center and the American Society of Interior Designers Orange County Chapter have combined their resources and talent for the last four years to create beautiful interior design with recycled items from Salvation Army Family Stores in Orange County, California. ASID student members from four local interior design colleges have taken on the challenge of designing 12’ X 12’ vignette rooms at four Salvation Army Family Stores in Orange County using only donated items from The Salvation Army and paint donated by Sherwin Williams. During the two week display period The Salvation Army will accept silent auction bids on all items inside the displays.
- De-cor Spring Sale The chill of winter is now gone so welcome the sweetness of spring at De-cor with a Spring sale. Featuring up to 50% off beautiful and colorful lighting fixtures and up to 30% off luxurious textiles.
De-cor | 30 South San Gabriel Boulevard, Pasadena, California 91107
- Design on a Dime Housing Works presents New York City’s most popular interior design benefit event. Design on a Dime features more than 50 of the world’s top interior designers, who create unforgettable room vignettes with new merchandise, which is donated and then sold for 50 to 70 percent off retail pricing!
Metropolitan Pavilion | 125 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011
Public sale: 4/26 - 4/27
- Garden Sculpture & Antiques Fair This beautiful show has been expanded to include antique through contemporary sculpture, ornament, and furniture for the garden, and garden-related art and objects for the home. More than 30 leading exhibitors plus contemporary artists specializing in outdoor sculpture offer their finest pieces at America's most celebrated venue for garden ornament. Be inspired to enhance your home or garden as you browse works from the United States, France, England, Belgium, Sweden, and Italy.
New York Botanical Garden | 2900 Southern Boulevard, New York, New York 10458
4/26 - 4/28
- Doris Leslie Blau Annual Spring Rug Sale 40% off all luxurious and rare antique and vintage area, runner and room-sized rugs that include Persian: Tabriz, Kirman, Sultanabad; Indian: Agra and Amritsar Turkish: Oushak; Chinese, and Samarkand.
Doris Leslie Blau Gallery | 306 East 61st Street, 7th Floor, New York, New York 10065
To the trade: 4/26 - 4/29
To the public: 4/30 - 5/7
- UrbanGreen Furniture Sale 20% off the Hudson Collection. Bedroom storage, desks and more.
Online and in store
- Adult Fans of LEGO (AFoL) Night Beginning with the event on May 2, the adults only evenings will take place the first Thursday of each month and feature tailored activities and events that Adult Fans of LEGO will enjoy, including a LEGO building contest with special prizes being awarded, as well as a cash bar with beer, wine and select mixed drinks.
5/2: 7pm - 9pm
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Mentoring Courtney Love: David LaChapelle and Courtney Love The concept of mentoring is one not often associated with the contemporary art world. Yet artist Courtney Love, best known as a musician, credits artist and photographer David LaChapelle with mentoring her as a visual artist. Love's work, featured in this exhibition, are all works on paper. They are executed in a combination of pastel, watercolor, graphite, colored pencil, charcoal, acrylic, and marker. The works on view are all portraits, including some self-portraits, and this is where we see the relationship between her work and that of her mentor David LaChapelle.
Lyman Allen Art Museum | 625 Williams Street, New London, Connecticut 06320
Exhibit: Through 8/10
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
- Chronicle Books Warehouse Sale Stock up on gifts for yourself and friends with 65% off every item in the store. Choose from cookbooks, children’s books, lifestyle + home, arts + crafts, art + design, photography, travel, pop culture, and music titles. Plus, journals, stationery, and much more.
Chronicle Books | 680 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94107
4/26: 9am - 7pm
4/27: 10am - 3pm
- City Chickens and Ducks Too! Join Paul Glowaski, Co-Founder of Urban Eggs & Farmer at Dinner Bell Farm, for an exciting workshop on organic “eggriculture”. Whether you dream of just a few chickens, or dozens, you will learn all you need to know to keep even your chickens (or ducks) healthy and happy in San Francisco. This class will walk you through the entire process, including: ordering chicks, organic feed for chickens and ducks, sanitation & human health considerations. Registration
Garden for the Environment | 7th Ave at Lawton Street, San Francisco, California 94112
4/27: 10am - 12pm
- Nantucket Home Spring Sale Stop by Nantucket Home and save up to 30% on all special order furniture, upholstery, area rugs, fabrics, window treatments & bedding.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico, California 95928
- Nature's Perfect Pillow Launch Stop by Nest Bedding for the Nature's Perfect Pillow Launch. An all natural alternative to the fluffy down and feather pillow, Nature's Perfect Pillow is made with all natural tree-derived products to produce the perfect blend of soft and still supportive. Chemical-free, all natural and USA made, designed by and available only at Nest Bedding.
Nest Bedding | 283 9th Street, San Francisco, California 94103
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Building Material Reuse Association Decon '13 Conference Decon ‘13 is the only comprehensive national event dedicated to promoting best practices, case studies and industry advancements among the building materials reuse, deconstruction and C&D recycling communities. The theme of Decon '13 is Recover, Reuse, Renew: Building a Green Future.
Seattle Center | 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, Washington 98109
4/29 - 5/1
- Fenton Street Market Opening Day Celebrate opening day at Fenton Street Market. Celebrating Neighborday with many community activities, lots of local shopping from over 65 vendors selling everything from imported crafts, handmade jewelry, bikes, baskets, crepes, clothing, home decor and more!
Fenton Street and Ellsworth Drive | Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
4/27: 10am - 4pm
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
(Images: Greentea Design, Twofold, SOBU, Unison)