Summer is winding to a close — savor one of the last few weekends of warmth and freedom with a visit to the beach, or the pool, or maybe a little shopping. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your own sale or event
Shown, clockwise from top left: Graham & Brown wallpaper, CoCoCo Chesterfield sofa, title available at Chronicle Books Sale, Anichini Los Angeles
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Gus Modern Summer Upholstery Sale Gus Modern is offering 20% off sectionals, sofas, chairs and ottomans. All upholstered seating is manufactured with 100% FSC-Certified wood, in support of responsible forest management.
• Lumens.com Back to School Desk Lamp Sale Save up to 40% off on some of our favorite desk lamps just in time for back to school. Find the D'E-Light by Philippe Starck for Flos and more.
• BoConcept Summer Sale BoConcept announces its end-of-season summer sale taking place in its 23 U.S. retail stores. Shoppers will save up to 70% off floor samples, rugs, lamps and other accessories, as well 20% off the following pieces from the 2012 collection.
• Pillowsforhope.com Summer Sale Super savings on entire outdoor pillow collection plus more discounts on trendy modern and ikat styles.
• Lightology Koncept Sale Save an additional 10% OFF retail price on all Koncept LED desk and floor lamps.
• Eskayel Summer Sale Brooklyn-based design studio Eskayel is having their first ever sale. Save 20% off All wallpaper, rugs, and decorative products, site wide – including the new Akimbo mix-n-match collection and the recently released Poolside Collection.
• Home Remedy Summer Sale The annual Home Remedy Summer Sale event includes home accessories from Kahler, Aid to Artisans, Jonathan Adler and more marked down from 30% to 75% off.
• Greentea Design's Summer Sale Everything is on sale. Save up to 30% on collections and up to 60% in the outlet section.
• My Urban Child End of Summer Sale Save 10%-20% on Nurseryworks for your little ones and Zuo Modern for you or your older ones.
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• Vermont Woods Studios' Dream Bedroom Sale Get the bedroom you've been dreaming of with this natural wood bedroom furniture sale. Save 10% off a single piece, 15% off two pieces, or 20% off three or more pieces of furniture (plus free shipping & lifetime guarantee).
• Graham & Brown 25% Off Weekend Sale Shop Graham & Brown's 3-Day Sale this weekend. Save 25% off all regularly priced products. Add some character to your walls with the SAVE25 promo code.
8/18 - 8/20
• CoCoCo Bench Giveaway CoCoCo (The Comfortable Couch Company) is launching a giveaway aimed at driving their Facebook page "likes" to the 3,000 milestone. CoCoCo will be giving away one of its Chesterfield leather upholstered benches valued at $1200 to a randomly selected fan of the Facebook page.
Until 3,000 Likes are reached
• West Elm Fabric & Upholstery Sale West Elm's Upholstery Sale features savings on upholstered fabrics and furniture. Shop their fabric selections on sale and update any home affordably.
• Offi 18th Anniversary Sale at AllModern Take 18% off select Original Pure Design products by Offi.
• Diseño Summer Clearance Annual Summer Clearance 20-50% off all in stock merchandise. Color, texture, warmth and style, imports from Buenos Aires, Lima, Sao Paulo and beyond.
Diseño Boston | 409 Harrison Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• The Golden Triangle Sidewalk Sale Once a year, The Golden Triangle likes to pitch a tent in their parking lot and attempt to recreate the fun and frenzy of the Paris Flea Market and Bangkok's Chatuchak in downtown Chicago. This year's sale will be our largest ever with over 200 items from 10 countries on display. Some pieces are very old and come from exotic cultures. Others are more practical. Still others are just fragments that may inspire a great DIY project.
The Golden Triangle | 330 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection Curator Karl Wirsum has "eyeballed" Intuit's Permanent Collection to create an exhibition of his favorites. As a member of the Chicago Imagists group Hairy Who, he was instrumental in setting the tone for Chicago's art scene in the 1960s. As an artist, Wirsum has developed a style that combines vivid graphic imagery with a sense of humor, a style that is mirrored in his selections for this exhibition. Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection celebrates those artists who create work that expand the imagination.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive & Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings Moving Sale Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings is moving to Suite 1445 at The Merchandise Mart this Fall and is hosting a moving sale with deals on furniture, lighting, accessories and more. Enjoy up to 75% off contemporary and transitional offerings.
Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1510, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
8/19: 9am - 4pm
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Jayson Home / 30% Off Garden Sale Take 30% off everything in the garden area — all trees, plants, shrubs and flowers, as well as all planters, pots and containers.
Jayson Home | 1885 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago IL 60614
• Heath Ceramics Home Plate Dinnerware Exchange At the Home Plate Dinnerware Exchange customers may swap lightly used dinnerware for 25 percent off any corresponding, first-quality piece of Heath dinnerware. For example, they can bring in 10 of their own dinner plates and receive a 25% discount on 10 new Heath dinner plates; bring in 8 mugs, receive 25% off 8 new Heath mugs, and so on. Heath Ceramics will then donate the collected dinnerware to Skid Row Housing Trust, who will in turn place them within one of their community kitchens or with one of their newly housed individuals.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Haptor Barrett Floor Model Sale For 35 years Haptor Barrett has been the premier wholesale furniture showroom in Los Angeles, open only to professional designers and architects. For a limited time, showroom floor models are being discounted. Everything from upholstery and leather, dining room sets, bedrooms and bedding, lighting and unique accessories.
Haptor Barrett | 110 East 9th Street, Suite C999, Los Angeles, California 90079
• Artspace Warehouse: Summer Skies The skies are limitless for the artists' works on display in this summer's exhibition. The exhibition showcases new works by Los Angeles artist Amber Goldhammer, Memphis artist Mark Acetelli, and Los Angeles artist Robert Lebsack, among many others.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Duke & Duke Gallery Featuring Nancy Lorenz Duke & Duke presents the solo exhibition of artist Nancy Lorenz, a presentation of screens, paintings, and designs. Nancy Lorenz is known for her artisan creations which are influenced by Eastern art and translated abstract expressionism. Her use of rich materials and refined compositions create a harmonious balance.
Duke & Duke Gallery | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Anichini Los Angeles Storewide Sale 20% off storewide. Discount applies to cash and carry only; sale items and special orders excluded.
Anichini Los Angeles | 645 North Robertson Boulevard - Los Angeles, California 90069
• 45 Three Modern Vintage Home Estate Liquidation Sale Join in the treasure hunt of 3 Southern California Estates with Mid Century, Hollywood Regency and a splash of 80's design. Find amazing pairs of chairs, settees, sofas, 60s ceramic lamps, mid century art and so much more!
45 Three Modern Warehouse | 1051 South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90019
8/18 10am - 6pm
8/19 11am - 5pm
• 1600 Vine Pop-Up Suite Shop Presented by Apt2B
1600 Vine and Apt2B have joined together to create a truly unique shopping experience. A beautifully designed, exquisite three-bedroom, two-story townhome suite, overlooking Hollywood, plays host to a one-of- a-kind pop-up shop for L.A. boutique and real estate enthusiasts. Walk-in closets will be stocked with the latest in menswear from Alpha Gear For Gents, and women's fashion from Le Fashion Truck and Della, a Los Angeles based fashion line, plus four bathrooms will offer Bath Petals organic bath products and beauty supplies, and the sprawling floor plan features a showroom of Apt2B modern home furnishings. Sweet tasting treats from Sweet E's Bake Shop will tempt the senses from the wrap- around kitchen.
1600 North Vine Street, Hollywood, California 90028
8/18 12pm - 5pm
8/19 12pm - 5pm
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• Ligne Roset Sample Sale Ligne Roset is offering a discount of up to 60% below retail price on floor samples, overstock and discontinued items at the brand's SoHo location.
Ligne Roset | 155 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
8/17 - 8/19
• Tide Study at Charles Bank Gallery Charles Bank Gallery is pleased to present Tide Study, a new photography exhibition by Ryan James MacFarland. In MacFarland's newest body of work, the artist shows a concern for the seemingly intangible and transitory qualities of landscape.Through these photographs, MacFarland has attempted to interpret and reconcile his own experiences of nature and, consequently, of life.
Charles Bank Gallery | 196 Bowery, New York, New York 10012
Exhibit: Through 8/19
• The Age of Innocence: Prisoner Escapist Photos "The Age of Innocence: Prisoner Escapist Photos," as collected and documented by artist Dave Adler is on view at The Clocktower Gallery. The exhibition consists of 16 photographs of prisoners, by prisoners, using prisoner painted backdrops that feature fantasy scenes of life outside prisons.
The Clocktower Gallery | 108 Leonard Street, 13th floor, New York, New York 10013
• DecoratorsBest Design Room 5% Off Sale Shop the DecoratorsBest Design Room during the month of August and receive an additional 5% off all orders $300 or more!
DecoratorsBest Design Room | 767 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10065
• Pedini NY Showroom Display Sale Shop the Pedini annual Kitchen Display Sale and save up to 50% on high quality Italian designer, award winning contemporary kitchen cabinetry.
Pedini | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Outlet Summer Sale Just in time for fall, ABC Carpet & Home's annual Bronx Outlet Sale is here. This exciting event marks the reinvention of the Bronx location, including the introduction of many new products and the redesign of the store's interior. The sale includes up to 75% off furniture, rugs, lighting, linens, accessories and more. Theodore Alexander, Ralph Lauren and EJ Victor are all marked down by up to 50%, and Calvin Klein up to 60%.
ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Outlet | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
• Tiger Lily's Home Hamptons Pop Up Tiger Lily's Greenwich is bringing their full-service design studio to the Hamptons for the summer. With 1,500-square-feet of studio space on Highway 27, Tiger Lily's Home will offer beachside sophistication with custom creative ranging from pillows and bedding to furnishings and home accents. The studio boasts signature pieces approved by mother-daughter team, Betsy and Samantha Knapp. From antique to mid-century modern, each piece of furniture has been hand-touched and refinished.
Tiger Lily's Home | 103 Hayground Road, Water Mill, New York 11976
• Urban Girl Squad's Affordable Art 101 Urban Girl Squad is hosting a guide to finding unique and beautiful art on a budget at the exclusive Norwood Club in NYC. Interior experts from Uprise Art will explains how to find great pieces at the right price, while matching your own style and personality to a T. We'll also get a private viewing of new pieces from local artists Langdon Graves and Diana Delgado. Cost is $35.
The Norwood Club | 241 W 14th St New York, New York 10011
8/23, 7pm - 9pm
• Summer Sale at Woonwinkel Woonwinkel is making room for new work by their favorite designers! Take up to 50% off floor models, home accessories, and gifts.
Woonwinkel | 935 SW Washington Street, Portland, Oregon 97205
• Cole Gerst: Nature Designs Itself Nature Designs Itself: new paintings on paper and prints on wood by Cole Gerst. $1 will go towards The Nature Conservancy for planting trees for every wood print sold.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, California 94117
• The Great Summer Savings Event at California Carpet Save up to 75% off on select merchandise. A few sale highlights are 100% wool carpeting, colorful designer rugs, and a great selection of indoor/outdoor rugs too! Hurry in now for the best selection as quantities are limited.
California Carpet | 1197 Folsom Street, San Francisco, California 94103
• Akio Nukaga at New Heath Ceramics Showroom & Gallery After his 2009 and 2011 quickly sold-out exhibitions at Heath Ceramics Los Angeles, Japanese master potter Akio Nukaga returns to Heath, only this time in San Francisco. "Very New Work" marks the first show and celebration of the new Heath showroom and gallery in the city's Northeast Mission neighborhood.
Heath Ceramics | 550 Florida Street, San Francisco 94110
• Accent European Floor Model Sale Accent European, an Italian kitchen and bath cabinet store located in downtown Walnut Creek is moving and selling all of its showroom models. Products range between 40-70% off and are from the Italian Karol, Miton and Composit lines. The cabinetry is gorgeous, modern, sleek, smart and environmentally friendly. Appliances where present, are included, as well as countertops, interior drawer accessories, and faucets. Additional coordinating modules can be ordered, also at a greatly reduced cost.
Accent European | 1571 Botelho Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94596
• Chronicle Books Back To School Warehouse Sale Stock up on back to school items, gifts for yourself and friends with 65% off hundreds of selected titles. Choose from cookbooks, children's books, lifestyle + home, arts + crafts, art + design, photography, travel, pop culture, and music titles. Plus, journals, stationery, and much more!
Chronicle Books Corporate Headquarters | 680 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
8/22, 9am - 7 pm
8/23, 9am - 7pm
8/24, 9am - 7pm
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
• First Sunday opening of the Modern*Love Showroom The first Sunday opening of the Modern*Love Showroom in Williston, Vermont. Open anytime by appointment, but now also Sundays 10am - 4pm.
Modern*Love | 338-40 Commerce Street, Williston, Vermont
8/19 10am - 4pm
Images: Clockwise from top left: Graham & Brown, CoCoCo, Chronicle Books, Anichini Los Angeles