It may feel like summer just started yesterday but it's already the first weekend of August! Soon it'll be back to school, if it's not already. But never fear – we've rounded up some sales and events that are sure to help you take advantage of summer. From one-time events like the Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale and Summer Luvin Pop Up Shop to month-long sales, we've rounded it all up in our Weekend Guide. Check it, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• DwellStudio Online Sample Sale Known for its epic sample sales over the years in New York City, for the first time, DwellStudio is offering these popular sample sales to the entire country, with the launch of the first-ever DwellStudio Online Sample Sale. The sale will feature hundreds of top products for up to 70% off regular retail price. Baby/kids items, bed linens, decorative accessories, rugs, pillows and throw blankets like those included below are all on super sale through the end of the week.
• My Urban Child's Semi-Annual Nursery and Toddler Room Set Sale At My Urban Child's Semi Annual Sale, save 10%-20% off all toddler bedroom and nursery furniture Sets.
• iittala Summer Sale 20% off all iittala, including glassware, dinnerware, kitchen, home accents and more.
• Vermont Woods Studios Home Office & Living Room Sale Vermont Woods Studios' living room and home office wood furniture is on sale. Buy more, save more. Save 10% off one piece of furniture, 15% off two pieces of furniture or 20% off three or more pieces!
• Allmodern Wall Art Event Save up to 25% on wall art from Parvez Taj, Graham and Brown, Inhabit, Naked Decor and more brands!
• Gus Modern Summer Upholstery Sale Gus Modern is offering 20% off sectionals, sofas, chairs and ottomans. All upholstered seating is manufactured with 100% FSC-Certified wood, in support of responsible forest management.
• Lumens.com Back to School Desk Lamp Sale Save up to 40% off on some of our favorite desk lamps just in time for back to school. Find the D'E-Light by Philippe Starck for Flos and more.
• BoConcept Summer Sale BoConcept announces its end-of-season summer sale taking place in its 23 U.S. retail stores. Shoppers will save up to 70% off floor samples, rugs, lamps and other accessories, as well 20% off the following pieces from the 2012 collection.
• Pillowsforhope.com Summer Sale Super savings on entire outdoor pillow collection plus more discounts on trendy modern and ikat styles.
• Lightology Koncept Sale Save an additional 10% OFF retail price on all Koncept LED desk and floor lamps.
• Home Remedy Summer Sale The annual Home Remedy Summer Sale event includes home accessories from Kahler, Aid to Artisans, Jonathan Adler and more marked down from 30% to 75% off.
• Greentea Design's Summer Sale Everything is on sale. Save up to 30% on collections and up to 60% in the outlet section.
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• Frame Factory Annual Parking Lot Sale Held at their Pulaski Road factory location, Frame Factory is offering many years worth of overstocks, mis-sized, returned, and scratch 'n dent frames. Also included in the sale are clearance items from their gallery and inventory going back nearly thirty years. Minimum discounts of 50% apply and many items are offered at up to 90% off of retail prices.
Frame Factory | 3400 North Pulaski Road, Chicago, Illinois 60641
8/4 - 8/5: 10am - 4pm
• Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection Curator Karl Wirsum has "eyeballed" Intuit's Permanent Collection to create an exhibition of his favorites. As a member of the Chicago Imagists group Hairy Who, he was instrumental in setting the tone for Chicago's art scene in the 1960s. As an artist, Wirsum has developed a style that combines vivid graphic imagery with a sense of humor, a style that is mirrored in his selections for this exhibition. Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection celebrates those artists who create work that expand the imagination.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive & Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 60642
Opening Reception: 7/13: 5pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 9/1
• Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings Moving Sale Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings is moving to Suite 1445 at The Merchandise Mart this Fall and is hosting a moving sale with deals on furniture, lighting, accessories and more. Enjoy up to 75% off contemporary and transitional offerings.
Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1510, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
8/19: 9am - 4pm
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale Eight times a year, the Bauer Pottery Company Showroom opens its doors to host a sale, when Bauer offers factory seconds, samples and current stock starting at 30% off. Shoppers at the Rosslyn Street warehouse will be able to make selections from Bauer Pottery, Russel Wright American Modern dinnerware, Home By Sunset, or Corita by Bauer collections.
Bauer Pottery | 3051 Rosslyn Street, Los Angeles, California 90065
8/4: 10am - 5pm
8/5: 10am - 4pm
• Heath Ceramics Home Plate Dinnerware Exchange At the Home Plate Dinnerware Exchange customers may swap lightly used dinnerware for 25 percent off any corresponding, first-quality piece of Heath dinnerware. For example, they can bring in 10 of their own dinner plates and receive a 25% discount on 10 new Heath dinner plates; bring in 8 mugs, receive 25% off 8 new Heath mugs, and so on. Heath Ceramics will then donate the collected dinnerware to Skid Row Housing Trust, who will in turn place them within one of their community kitchens or with one of their newly housed individuals.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Artspace Warehouse: Summer Skies The skies are limitless for the artists' works on display in this summer's exhibition. The exhibition showcases new works by Los Angeles artist Amber Goldhammer, Memphis artist Mark Acetelli, and Los Angeles artist Robert Lebsack, among many others.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Duke & Duke Gallery Featuring Nancy Lorenz Duke & Duke presents the solo exhibition of artist Nancy Lorenz, a presentation of screens, paintings, and designs. Nancy Lorenz is known for her artisan creations which are influenced by Eastern art and translated abstract expressionism. Her use of rich materials and refined compositions create a harmonious balance.
Duke & Duke Gallery | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• Summer Luvin Pop Up Shop The creators of Astoria Market and Design For You invite you to a day of fun and shopping at the Summer Luvin Pop Up Shop at Break Bar & Billiards on Broadway in Astoria. You'll not only be able to check out the unique wares at Break but also play games, enjoy a great selection of American comfort food, and a rotating selection of 18 drafts on tap.
Break Bar & Billiards | 3204 Broadway, Long Island City, New York 11106
8/5: 12pm - 4pm
• Purl Soho Tenth Anniversary Sale Everything is 20% off its regular or sale price! Yarn, fabric, knitting needles, books, notions, patterns, kits, needlepoint supplies... everything! (Okay, gift certificates and classes aren't on sale. So, almost everything.)
Purl Soho | 459 Broome Street, New York, New York 10013
• Rico Moving Sale Check out this storewide moving sale.
Rico | 384 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11217
• Going Green II at Crossing Art Gallery Going Green II is an annual exhibition that supports not only an eco-friendly environment but raises issues about the current trends and future fate of urban landscapes.
Crossing Art Queens | 136-17 39th Avenue, Flushing, New York 11354
• Cite Floor Sample Sale Up to 70% off store wide floor sample sale.
Cite | 131 Greene Street, New York, New York 10012
• Tide Study at Charles Bank Gallery Charles Bank Gallery is pleased to present Tide Study, a new photography exhibition by Ryan James MacFarland. In MacFarland's newest body of work, the artist shows a concern for the seemingly intangible and transitory qualities of landscape.Through these photographs, MacFarland has attempted to interpret and reconcile his own experiences of nature and, consequently, of life.
Charles Bank Gallery | 196 Bowery, New York, New York 10012
Exhibit: Through 8/19
• The Age of Innocence: Prisoner Escapist Photos "The Age of Innocence: Prisoner Escapist Photos," as collected and documented by artist Dave Adler is on view at The Clocktower Gallery. The exhibition consists of 16 photographs of prisoners, by prisoners, using prisoner painted backdrops that feature fantasy scenes of life outside prisons.
The Clocktower Gallery | 108 Leonard Street, 13th floor, New York, New York 10013
• DecoratorsBest Design Room 5% Off Sale Shop the DecoratorsBest Design Room during the month of August and receive an additional 5% off all orders $300 or more!
DecoratorsBest Design Room | 767 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10065
• Pedini NY Showroom Display Sale Shop the Pedini annual Kitchen Display Sale and save up to 50% on high quality Italian designer, award winning contemporary kitchen cabinetry.
Pedini | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• Tiger Lily's Home Hamptons Pop Up Tiger Lily's Greenwich is bringing their full-service design studio to the Hamptons for the summer. With 1,500-square-feet of studio space on Highway 27, Tiger Lily's Home will offer beachside sophistication with custom creative ranging from pillows and bedding to furnishings and home accents. The studio boasts signature pieces approved by mother-daughter team, Betsy and Samantha Knapp. From antique to mid-century modern, each piece of furniture has been hand-touched and refinished.
Tiger Lily's Home | 103 Hayground Road, Water Mill, New York 11976
• Summer Sale at Woonwinkel Woonwinkel is making room for new work by their favorite designers! Take up to 50% off floor models, home accessories, and gifts.
Woonwinkel | 935 SW Washington Street, Portland, Oregon 97205
• Wheatpaste Art Collective at D-Structure Together with D-Structure, Wheatpaste Art Collective will present a collection of stickable posters and canvas wall art.
D-Structure | 520 Haight Street, San Francisco, California 94117
• ISSHO: North American Debut Exhibition of Masanori Oji's New Works Muhs Home hosts a rare opportunity to meet with award-winning designer Masanori Oji as he showcases his new product designs and pieces by his latest collaborators Studio Prepa.
Muhs Home | 3801 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94114
8/8: 6pm - 9pm
• The Great Summer Savings Event at California Carpet Save up to 75% off on select merchandise. A few sale highlights are 100% wool carpeting, colorful designer rugs, and a great selection of indoor/outdoor rugs too! Hurry in now for the best selection as quantities are limited.
California Carpet | 1197 Folsom Street, San Francisco, California 94103
• Akio Nukaga at New Heath Ceramics Showroom & Gallery After his 2009 and 2011 quickly sold-out exhibitions at Heath Ceramics Los Angeles, Japanese master potter Akio Nukaga returns to Heath, only this time in San Francisco. "Very New Work" marks the first show and celebration of the new Heath showroom and gallery in the city's Northeast Mission neighborhood.
Heath Ceramics | 550 Florida Street, San Francisco 94110
• Accent European Floor Model Sale Accent European, an Italian kitchen and bath cabinet store located in downtown Walnut Creek is moving and selling all of its showroom models. Products range between 40-70% off and are from the Italian Karol, Miton and Composit lines. The cabinetry is gorgeous, modern, sleek, smart and environmentally friendly. Appliances where present, are included, as well as countertops, interior drawer accessories, and faucets. Additional coordinating modules can be ordered, also at a greatly reduced cost.
Accent European | 1571 Botelho Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94596
• Lucketts Store August Design House A hundred year old farmhouse redesigned monthly per the whimsy and inspiration of two unstoppable friends. All items are for sale.
The Old Lucketts Store | 42350 Lucketts Road, Leesburg, Virginia 20176
8/3 - 8/5: 10am - 5pm
• Home Anthology 10th Anniversary Sale Home Anthology is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with a sale! Save 10-50% off select items throughout their 5,000 square foot space.
Home Anthology | 91 Mellor Avenue, Catonsville, Maryland 21228
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
Images: Clockwise from top left: Vermont Woods Studios Home Office & Living Room Sale, Lucketts Store August Design House, DwellStudio Online Sample Sale, Home Anthology 10th Anniversary Sale