While this three day weekend marks the unofficial end of summer, it's also a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of the last batch of summer sales and events. As the temperatures start to cool, you'll want your nest to be warm and pretty – get started now and you'll be good to go when the first leaf falls. Check out this week's events and sales in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
Smoke and Mirrors at Porter Contemporary, AllModern Emeco Sale, YLighting LZF Lamps Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Blu Dot + Fab The companies are coming together to create several Blu Dot designed furniture pieces in exclusive custom Fab colors for the first time ever, building a brand-new inventory of products to be sold on Fab.com beginning September 1. The sale products will include special new colors of Strut, Real Good Chair, Cant Desk, and the LilyPad coffee table.
Starting Saturday, September 1 for Four Weeks
• Baker Odds & Ends Launch Introducing Baker Odds and Ends, where thousands of Baker floor samples are clearance-priced and immediately available. With more than 100 new listings weekly, it's the perfect place to begin your hunt for something special.
• West Elm Fabric & Upholstery Sale West Elm's Upholstery Sale features savings on upholstered fabrics and furniture. Shop their fabric selections on sale and update any home affordably.
• Blik End of Summer Sale Blik is having an end of summer sale with 25% off all Blik graphics.
8/31 - 9/3
• Casa.com Summer Sale Up to 65% off select kitchen and bathroom products, up to 50% off select outdoor and garden products and up to 20% off select storage and organization, home improvement, dining and bedroom products.
8/28 - 9/3
• Home Remedy Summer Sale The annual Home Remedy Summer Sale event includes home accessories from Kahler, Aid to Artisans, Jonathan Adler and more marked down from 30% to 75% off.
• Greentea Design's Summer Sale Everything is on sale. Save up to 30% on collections and up to 60% in the outlet section.
• Vermont Woods Studios' Storewide Labor Day Furniture Sale What better way to reward your hard work this Labor Day than buying yourself new furniture? Ready your home for the upcoming winter holidays with new fine wood furniture. With Vermont Woods' 5 day storewide Labor Day Sales Event you will save 15%, plus receive free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
• Modani Furniture Labor Day & Clearance Sale Catch a wave to Modani's Endless Summer Labor Day Sale. The end of summer just got hotter with savings of up to 40% on some of Modani Furniture's most popular and unique indoor and outdoor entertaining accessories and lighting.
Online and in stores
• My Urban Child End of Summer Sale Save 10%-20% on Nurseryworks for your little ones and Zuo Modern for you or your older ones.
• AllModern Emeco Sale Save 15% on all Emeco designs.
• Unison Labor Day Sale All sale items are 60% off. Plus receive free shipping on orders over $150.
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• Jayson Home Fall Upholstery Sale 20% off all upholstered furniture, including all sofas, chairs, beds and ottomans. Includes in stock items and custom orders. Sale includes the new fall line.
• Jensen-Lewis Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on any Comfort Sleeper at this one-a-year event.
• YLighting LZF Lamps Sale Save 30% on all Lzf Lamp designs, handmade in Spain using wood veneer.
• Saatchi Online 100 Curators, 100 Days Discover emerging artists from around the world. Each day at 12am PST, Saatchi will reveal a new collection of 10 works, selected by top curators from the most prestigious museums and galleries.
• Kartell Boston Moving Sale All products on display are 70% off, including favorites such as the Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck, the Audrey chair by Piero Lissoni, Moschino Bow Wow ballet flats and more.
Kartell | 10 Saint James Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection Curator Karl Wirsum has "eyeballed" Intuit's Permanent Collection to create an exhibition of his favorites. As a member of the Chicago Imagists group Hairy Who, he was instrumental in setting the tone for Chicago's art scene in the 1960s. As an artist, Wirsum has developed a style that combines vivid graphic imagery with a sense of humor, a style that is mirrored in his selections for this exhibition. Karl Wirsum Eyeballs the Intuit Collection celebrates those artists who create work that expand the imagination.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive & Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Jayson Home / 30% Off Garden Sale Take 30% off everything in the garden area — all trees, plants, shrubs and flowers, as well as all planters, pots and containers.
Jayson Home | 1885 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago IL 60614
• Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings Moving Sale Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings is moving to Suite 1445 at The Merchandise Mart this Fall and is hosting a moving sale with deals on furniture, lighting, accessories and more. Enjoy up to 75% off contemporary and transitional offerings.
Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1510, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Sawbridge Studios' Idea Tree Exhibit A single local tree, downed during a violent storm which struck Chicago in 2011, lives on in Idea Tree, an inspired exhibit of fresh ideas in furniture and accessories design. The Idea Tree exhibit is organized and sponsored by Sawbridge Studios, in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago and Horigan Urban Forest Products of Skokie. Following a successful 1-month run earlier this summer at Chicago's Inland Steel Building, the entire exhibit now moves to the Chicago Center for Green Technology.
Chicago Center for Green Technology | 445 North Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60612
9/6 - 10/12
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Cloud Noir Dining Table Sale Take 20% off all floor model tables.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Hotel Surplus Outlet Labor Day Clearance Big weekend clearance event at Hotel Surplus Outlet in Van Nuys, with markdowns and discounts on most inventory. Special blowout prices on tons of goods from our hotel & resort furniture liquidations, along with special buys and deals on a wide range of brand new furniture.
Hotel Surplus Outlet | 16625 Saticoy Street, Van Nuys, California 91406
• Haptor Barrett Floor Model Sale For 35 years Haptor Barrett has been the premier wholesale furniture showroom in Los Angeles, open only to professional designers and architects. For a limited time, showroom floor models are being discounted. Everything from upholstery and leather, dining room sets, bedrooms and bedding, lighting and unique accessories.
Haptor Barrett | 110 East 9th Street, Suite C999, Los Angeles, California 90079
• Artspace Warehouse: Summer Skies The skies are limitless for the artists' works on display in this summer's exhibition. The exhibition showcases new works by Los Angeles artist Amber Goldhammer, Memphis artist Mark Acetelli, and Los Angeles artist Robert Lebsack, among many others.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Duke & Duke Gallery Featuring Nancy Lorenz Duke & Duke presents the solo exhibition of artist Nancy Lorenz, a presentation of screens, paintings, and designs. Nancy Lorenz is known for her artisan creations which are influenced by Eastern art and translated abstract expressionism. Her use of rich materials and refined compositions create a harmonious balance.
Duke & Duke Gallery | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• B&B Italia & Maxalto Warehouse Sale Up to 80% off B&B Italia & Maxalto products. B&B Italia & Maxalto Warehouse Sale | The Altman Building 135 West 18th Street, New York 9/7 - 9/10, 10am - 6pm
• Pedini NY Showroom Display Sale Shop the Pedini annual Kitchen Display Sale and save up to 50% on high quality Italian designer, award winning contemporary kitchen cabinetry.
Pedini | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• BoConcept Labor Day Weekend Sale September commemorates BoConcept's 60th anniversary and it just so happens that they're starting off the month with tax-free shopping during Labor Day Weekend at all BoConcept New Yo