NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Design Public Steelcase & Coalesse Sale 10% off all Steelcase and Coalesse.
• Deck the Halls with Studio North Design Find the perfect gift for someone on your list and save 30% on all our Home Accessories, including our new Chalk Blocks.
• My Sweet Muffin Holiday Sale Free shipping on all orders over $25.
• Judy Ross Textiles Christmas Stocking Sale All Christmas stockings are 50% off the retail price.
• Nantucket Home Clearance Sale Exclusively online save 20% on select products.
• Design Public/JEB Jones Sale Save 20% on all JEB Jones items including benches, tables and spools. Great design by award winning artist and designer John Eric Byers.
• Room & Board's Annual Clearance Event Room & Board's annual clearance event offers great savings (up to 50% off) on sofas, tables, storage pieces, rugs and more. Also, visit a Room and Board store for up to 50% off floor samples of discontinued furniture. Quantities are limited. Act fast for the best selection.
Online and in stores
• Vermont Woods Studios Winter Holiday Sale Enjoy 12 days of savings! Receive up to 20% off storewide on Vermont made solid wood furniture. Plus, free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
• Artemide Tolomeo Holiday Sale Artemide is hosting a national holiday sale this December. All Tolomeo fixtures are 25% off, including classics such as Tolomeo Table, Tolomeo Floor and many more.
• Craft O Rama at Ugly Gallery A yearly pop-up shop bringing you the best in local hand-made gifts.
Ugly Gallery | 246 Union Street, New Bedford, Massachusetts 02740
• Winter Wanderlust Holiday Poster Show International Poster Gallery presents "Winter Wanderlust," its 19th annual holiday show. The exhibit focuses on vintage travel posters advertising destinations both foreign and domestic, but also includes a striking selection of other works by renowned poster artists such as Jean d'Ylen, Leonetto Capiello, Herbert Leupin, Roger Broders, and many more.
International Poster Gallery | 205 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Our Cups Runneth Over Our Cups Runneth Over is a biannual exhibition and sale of contemporary ceramic cups featuring the work of 33 artists from around the country. The exhibition attracts the attention of regional and national collectors and has become an important educational destination for students to learn about the various formal, conceptual and technical approaches that ceramics allows. For the exhibition, Sanam Emami, Head of the Pottery Department at Colorado State University, Fort Collins has conceived a site-specific installation that further explores her interest in the patterns of Iranian and Islamic art and architecture.
Society of Arts & Crafts | 175 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Golden Triangle Holiday Perks Shop online or in-store to receive free gift wrap service and free delivery within the Chicagoland area.
Golden Triangle | 330 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Chicago Center for The Print "The Mad Men of the Airline Poster & The Golden Age of Graphic Design 1950'- 1960's," an ongoing exhibition online and in the gallery.
Chicago Center for The Print | 1509 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Haute House Home Grand Opening Sale A little over a year ago, the owners Casey Fisher and Harry Marshall received some dreadful news while vacationing in Maui. Their pride and joy, Haute House Home, a high-end furniture manufacturer in Los Angeles, was up in flames. The fire completely destroyed the company's production facility and they lost everything except for a few computers and customer orders. Since the warehouse fire, the team has been working double duty to make Haute House Home bigger and better than ever before. In celebration of the Grand Opening of the new retail showroom, they're having a sale both on the website and in the showroom.
Haute House Home | 3501 San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, California 90065
• Duson Design Moving Sale Duson Design is closing their Silverlake store and just started their Moving Sale. Everything is marked down 30%.
Duson Design | 2522 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90026
• Walk On Tile 10th Anniversary Promotion Walk On Tile announces their 10th anniversary special promotion "We Love Our Neighbors @ WalkOn Tile" with 10% additional discount on In-stock tile.
Walk on Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Brooklyn Visits Heath LA Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Opening Reception: 12/1: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 1/13
• Brooklyn Night Bazaar Inspired by the night markets across Asia, Brooklyn Night Bazaar brings together more than 200 of the borough's most creative independent vendors, musicians, chefs, artists, breweries and wineries.
Brooklyn Night Bazaar | 45 North 5th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Friday & Saturdays through 12/22
• I Like Mike's Mid-Century Modern Sale 30% off all lamps, 20% off all clocks and up to 50% off all furniture.
I Like Mike's Mid-Century Modern | 161 Decatur Street, Brooklyn, New York 11233
• Astoria Market Last Minute Holiday Shopping Extravaganza Astoria Market invites you for the Last Minute Holiday Shopping Extravaganza in the main hall of the world famous Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden. With just a week before the holidays, and with a full house of fantastic vendors, you're sure to find that special gift you're looking for such as art, jewelry, toys, chocolates, body care, handbags, clothing, stationery, scarves and hats, pottery, and more! Also, don't forget that you can always go downstairs and get a bite to eat along with your favorite beer. Or, go get a beer and sip on it while you shop - it's allowed!
Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden | 29-19 24th Avenue, Astoria, New York 11102
12/22 - 12/23: 12pm - 6pm
• Rico Clearance Event Great opportunities just in time for the holidays. Major markdowns on all showroom models: sofas, sleepers, media cabinets, hardwood dining tables and chairs, coffee and end tables, and occasional pieces. Large inventory of lighting, decorative pillows, large vases and art prints. Big variety of hand-knotted area rugs. Cherry pencil post single bed, upholstered single or day bed. Large collection of antique handcrafted industrial decorative patterns, and men's vintage/resale apparel and accessories.
Rico | 546 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215
• PEDINI's Display Kitchens For Sale PEDINI NY is making room for new displays. PEDINI NY has all new Italian Display Kitchens for Sale! Shop the PEDINI NY annual Display Kitchens Sale and save up to 70% on high-quality Italian designed, award-winning, contemporary kitchen cabinetry. Drop by our Tribeca showroom and let us show you around. Time is of the essence! If you stop in soon you can score a great deal on not only cabinetry, but also counter-tops, appliances and plumbing fixtures. Since we are making room for new collections, it is the most opportune time to buy one of our elite Contemporary Display Kitchens at half of the normal price.
PEDINI | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• Amaran Store Closing After 14 years in our East Village location, we are closing our doors. Our unique, beautiful Indian and Indonesian home decor, clothing and jewelry is on sale for 30-60% off. We have teak and sono wood furniture, handmade silver and gold jewelry, silk scarves, quilts, lamps, mirrors and much more.
Amaran | 109 Avenue B, New York, New York 10009
• Kate's Diner at Rebecca Hossack Gallery UK artist Kate Jenkins will be exhibiting at Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC. Throughout her exhibition, Kate's Diner, the gallery will be transformed into an American style diner. A crocheting genius and one of the UK's most original and innovative artists, Jenkins has crafted New York pizzas, burgers and fries, American doughnuts, pretzels and many iconic famous food and drink items usually associated with eateries in New York.
Rebecca Hossack Gallery | 262 Mott Street, New York, New York 10012
Curated Goods Holiday Sale $20 off anything $100 and over. Choose from an amazing selection of Men's and Women's designer fashion, Mid Century Modern furniture and decor, Interesting one of a kind gift ideas.
Curated Goods | 421 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
• Circa Dee: Holiday Hours Shop Circa Dee's holiday collection of vintage decor and gifts, refinished antique furniture and locally handmade wares. Find unique gifts for those on your list including upcycled license plate cuff bracelets for the trend setter, Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint for the DIYer, antique scales for the collector, paperwhite gardens for the hostess and vintage jewelry for you.
Circa Dee | 1814 Valley Forge Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426
• Mud, Sweat and Cheer Mudshark Studios has brought together the Portland art community with a month long holiday pop up shop
blending craft, clay and gallery work into one holiday shopping experience. Holiday shoppers can find Growlers from the Portland Growler Company, functional vessels of all kinds from well known clay artists like Victoria Christen, Chris Baskin, Kowkie Durst, Rabun Thompson, Jason Lee Starin, Puji Sheer, Barb Jenson, Brett Binford, Chris Pate, Joshua Kovarik, Zachary Wollert, Allie Bentley and many others, creating sculptural and decorative pieces, ornaments and more from local favorites and up and coming talent alike.
Mudshark Studios | 922 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, Oregon 97205
• Nantucket Home Holiday Sale Save up to 60% off all rugs and lamps during the huge holiday sale.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway Street, Chico, California 95928
• Shana Astrachan Holiday Glamour Boutique Local designer and metalsmith, Shana Astrachan, presents A Holiday Glamour Boutique at Rare Device. Shana's love of vintage crafts and glamorous interiors have shaped the objects she created exclusively for this holiday seasons annual pop-up shop. She brings you unique collaborations and works of other designers along with her handcrafted line of jewelry, accessories, paper goods and beauty products. Come visit and experience Shana's crafty nod to eras gone by.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero St., San Francisco, California 94117
• Brooklyn Visits Heath SF Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Opening Reception: 11/30: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 1/13
• Fenton Street Market Holiday Market Fenton Street Market is a local handmade, vintage and import crafts market in Downtown Silver Spring that runs weekly from April to October of each year. This year they are having their first ever holiday markets. There will be over 100 vendors selling everything from handmade clothing and jewelry, ceramics, wooden toys and books to vintage housewares, bath and body products, crafts and imports. You can easily knock off everyone on your list in one trip.
Veteran's Plaza | Fenton Street and Ellisworth Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
12/22: 10am - 4pm
• Housebound at Heiner Contemporary Heiner Contemporary is delighted to present Housebound, a group exhibition exploring the depiction of domestic space featuring work by Rachel Farbiarz, Bella Foster, Allison Gildersleeve, Allison Reimus, Ann Toebbe and Augusta Wood. Practicing in different media, these artists address various definitions of home, shifting between its public and private nature.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC 20007
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Design Public, MoMA Design Store, Heiner Contemporary, I Like Mike's Mid Century Modern