The last weekend of 2012 is upon us — a perfect time to get yourself ready to start fresh in the new year. In addition to the remaining holiday sales in this week's sales list, we're also seeing the start of annual white sales. Check it all out in our Weekend Guide, pass it on and, as always, be sure to send us your own sale or event
Shown, clockwise from top left: Au Lit Fine Linens White Sale, BoConcept Nationwide January Design Sale, Potted Eternal Gratitude Sale, Greentea Design Winter Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Vermont Woods Studios Winter Holiday Sale Enjoy 12 days of savings! Receive up to 20% off storewide on Vermont made solid wood furniture. Plus, free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
• Artemide Tolomeo Holiday Sale Artemide is hosting a national holiday sale this December. All Tolomeo fixtures are 25% off, including classics such as Tolomeo Table, Tolomeo Floor and many more.
• MoMA Design Store Sale Save up to 50% this Winter on select tabletop, desk and personal accessories, home furnishings, stationary and books.
Online and in New York stores
• Au Lit Fine Linens White Sale Save up to 50% off online and in store on bed linens, duvets, pillows, and more. Free shipping on online orders over $250 (U.S. and Canada only).
• BoConcept Nationwide January Design Sale BoConcept's nationwide January Design Sale kicked off earlier this week. In addition to discounts on select accessories up to 40% off, BoConcept is introducing a new sofa -- the LAGONI -- available during the sale period only.
All BoConcept Stores
• Greentea Design Winter Sale Savings up to 30% on all collections and 60% in the outlet section.
• Winter Wanderlust Holiday Poster Show International Poster Gallery presents "Winter Wanderlust," its 19th annual holiday show. The exhibit focuses on vintage travel posters advertising destinations both foreign and domestic, but also includes a striking selection of other works by renowned poster artists such as Jean d'Ylen, Leonetto Capiello, Herbert Leupin, Roger Broders, and many more.
International Poster Gallery | 205 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Our Cups Runneth Over Our Cups Runneth Over is a biannual exhibition and sale of contemporary ceramic cups featuring the work of 33 artists from around the country. The exhibition attracts the attention of regional and national collectors and has become an important educational destination for students to learn about the various formal, conceptual and technical approaches that ceramics allows. For the exhibition, Sanam Emami, Head of the Pottery Department at Colorado State University, Fort Collins has conceived a site-specific installation that further explores her interest in the patterns of Iranian and Islamic art and architecture.
Society of Arts & Crafts | 175 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Golden Triangle Holiday Perks Shop online or in-store to receive free gift wrap service and free delivery within the Chicagoland area.
Golden Triangle | 330 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Chicago Center for The Print "The Mad Men of the Airline Poster & The Golden Age of Graphic Design 1950'- 1960's," an ongoing exhibition online and in the gallery.
Chicago Center for The Print | 1509 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Duson Design Moving Sale Duson Design is closing their Silverlake store and just started their Moving Sale. Everything is marked down 30%.
Duson Design | 2522 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90026
• Walk On Tile 10th Anniversary Promotion Walk On Tile announces their 10th anniversary special promotion "We Love Our Neighbors @ WalkOn Tile" with 10% additional discount on In-stock tile.
Walk on Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
• Potted Eternal Gratitude Sale As a way to say thank you to our wonderful customers for all of their support we are hosting our 8th annual Eternal Gratitude Sale. 20% off everything in the store, with additional items marked 30%, 50% and 70% off. Plus, this includes pre-orders of Fire Pits. Buy a fire pit during the sale and receive 20% off.
Potted | 3158e Los Feliz Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90039
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Brooklyn Visits Heath LA Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Opening Reception: 12/1: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 1/13
• PEDINI's Display Kitchens For Sale PEDINI NY is making room for new displays. PEDINI NY has all new Italian Display Kitchens for Sale! Shop the PEDINI NY annual Display Kitchens Sale and save up to 70% on high-quality Italian designed, award-winning, contemporary kitchen cabinetry. Drop by our Tribeca showroom and let us show you around. Time is of the essence! If you stop in soon you can score a great deal on not only cabinetry, but also counter-tops, appliances and plumbing fixtures. Since we are making room for new collections, it is the most opportune time to buy one of our elite Contemporary Display Kitchens at half of the normal price.
PEDINI | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• Amaran Store Closing After 14 years in our East Village location, we are closing our doors. Our unique, beautiful Indian and Indonesian home decor, clothing and jewelry is on sale for 30-60% off. We have teak and sono wood furniture, handmade silver and gold jewelry, silk scarves, quilts, lamps, mirrors and much more.
Amaran | 109 Avenue B, New York, New York 10009
• Kate's Diner at Rebecca Hossack Gallery UK artist Kate Jenkins will be exhibiting at Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC. Throughout her exhibition, Kate's Diner, the gallery will be transformed into an American style diner. A crocheting genius and one of the UK's most original and innovative artists, Jenkins has crafted New York pizzas, burgers and fries, American doughnuts, pretzels and many iconic famous food and drink items usually associated with eateries in New York.
Rebecca Hossack Gallery | 262 Mott Street, New York, New York 10012
• Lillian August Annual New Years Day Sale Everything will be marked down in addition to an overall discount. There will also be an hourly drawing for a $50 gift card and free prizes for kids. Everyone is also invited to enjoy a complimentary breakfast and champagne. This is the biggest sale of the year.
Lillian August | 32 Knight Street, Norwalk, Connecticut 06851
1/1: 12pm - 6pm
• Bloomingdale's Rug Annex at the Metropolitan Pavilion An event so big it's being held for the first time ever at the Metropolitan Pavilion! With savings of up to 75% on one-of-a-kind handmade Oriental and Persian rugs, the assortment is too huge to fit in the store. Find over 8,000 amazing rugs from Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Turkey, China and Nepal, authentic Persians in an array of designs from classic to contemporary in every color and size from tiny scatters to mansions. Take advantage of these special sale prices ranging from $250 to $83,500.
Metropolitan Pavilion | 125 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011
• ABC Carpet & Home Winter Sale Everything in the store will be on sale, including furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories reduced up to 60% off. The sale will include select product from Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tom Dixon, Matteo, BluDot, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Barbara Barry and more, as well as an amazing selection of rugs, sectionals and sofas.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• 13% in 2013 Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco's ReStore takes new and gently used home goods and resells them at a tremendous discount. Visit in the new year and get 13% off one item. Sales proceeds go to Habitat's construction projects in San Mateo, Marin and San Francisco counties. ReStore is not just a household improvement outlet; it's a store that builds homes and hope.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore | 1411 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070
1/2 - 1/5
• Shana Astrachan Holiday Glamour Boutique Local designer and metalsmith, Shana Astrachan, presents A Holiday Glamour Boutique at Rare Device. Shana's love of vintage crafts and glamorous interiors have shaped the objects she created exclusively for this holiday seasons annual pop-up shop. She brings you unique collaborations and works of other designers along with her handcrafted line of jewelry, accessories, paper goods and beauty products. Come visit and experience Shana's crafty nod to eras gone by.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero St., San Francisco, California 94117
• Brooklyn Visits Heath SF Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Opening Reception: 11/30: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 1/13
• Housebound at Heiner Contemporary Heiner Contemporary is delighted to present Housebound, a group exhibition exploring the depiction of domestic space featuring work by Rachel Farbiarz, Bella Foster, Allison Gildersleeve, Allison Reimus, Ann Toebbe and Augusta Wood. Practicing in different media, these artists address various definitions of home, shifting between its public and private nature.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC 20007
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
(Images: Design Public, Au Lit Fine Linens White Sale, BoConcept Nationwide January Design Sale, Potted Eternal Gratitude Sale, Greentea Design Winter Sale