The countdown to the Christmas holiday continues. You have two full weeks remaining to get out there and find gifts for your loved ones. To help you along, we've rounded up sales and events around the country, as well as online. Check them all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
Italian Masterworks at Wright, Design Public/JEB Jones Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• First Friday at Pip and Estella Four coveted one-of-a-kind finds to make your home shine -- at forty percent off, plus lots of other vintage goodies.
• IKEA Swedish 'Julbord' Buffet Extravaganza As the holidays approach, IKEA, the Life Improvement Store, invites consumers to share in celebrating the season with the IKEA Julbord buffet. For only $12.99 per person or $4.99 for kids 12 and under, guests can enjoy an endless meal of traditional Swedish food offerings such as Swedish holiday ham, smoked salmon, Swedish style meatballs with lingonberries, and much more. IKEA Family members are eligible for additional savings, with members-only Julbord pricing of $9.99 per person or $2.49 for kids 12 and under.
All IKEA Locations
• Jayson Home Flea Sale All "Flea" merchandise is 20% off with free shipping on orders over $75. Curated personally by the Jayson Home buyers, choose from a huge selection of vintage and antique furniture, accessories, curiosities, artwork and more, from all over the world.
• Viva Terra's Home for the Holidays On November 12, VivaTerra kicked off "Home for the Holidays," a 25-day/25-products half-off shopping spree featuring some of their top-selling items from 2012. Every week will feature a new theme, such as Seasonal Décor and Get Ready for Guests, highlighting a different product each day. From Moroccan Tea Glasses, and Giant Gold Temple Bells to Cashmere Ruffled Scarves, and Fleecy Silk Fringed Throws to shown below the Temple Bell and Quartz Crystal Ornaments and the Root of the Earth Bowls there is something sure to delight almost everyone!
• Lumens.com Jonathan Adler Sale Save 20-30% on all lighting, gifts and home decor designed by Jonathan Adler.
• Vermont Woods Studios Bedroom Sale Their Black Friday Sale may be over, but they're still giving you an opportunity to save big! Receive up to 20% off your order of hardwood bedroom furniture, plus free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
• DenHaus December Sale Take 15% off all stylish dog crates.
• FLOS Black D'E-light Sale FLOS, the renowned Italian lighting manufacturer has a special holiday sale, offering almost 50% off the Black D'E-light task lamp, designed by Philippe Starck.
• EcoSmart Fire Outlet Sale Up to 65% Off EcoSmart Fire Bioethanol Fireplaces, Burners, and Accessories. Including one-of-a-kind prototypes, showroom displays, lightly blemished stock, and brand new overstock.
• Print My Watercolor Holiday Sale Enjoy a 25 percent discount on all watercolor canvas prints: upload your photo on the website and it will be printed on watercolor canvas with a brush stoke Instagram/sepia tone effect, black and white or as is.
• My Sweet Muffin Holiday Sale Free shipping on all orders over $25.
• Judy Ross Textiles Christmas Stocking Sale All Christmas stockings are 50% off the retail price.
• Nantucket Home Clearance Sale Exclusively online save 20% on select products.
• Design Public/JEB Jones Sale Save 20% on all JEB Jones items including benches, tables and spools. Great design by award winning artist and designer John Eric Byers.
• Artemide Lighting Sale at AllModern Save 25% on the Artemide Tolomeo collection – table lamps, floor lamps, wall lights, pendants, and more.
• LAFCO New York Holiday Sales Event Join LAFCO at Lekker Home for holiday libations and treats while taking advantage of 20% OFF all LAFCO New York design products including candles, soaps and diffusers.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
12/12: 4pm - 8pm
• Craft O Rama at Ugly Gallery A yearly pop-up shop bringing you the best in local hand-made gifts.
Ugly Gallery | 246 Union Street, New Bedford, Massachusetts 02740
• Winter Wanderlust Holiday Poster Show International Poster Gallery presents "Winter Wanderlust," its 19th annual holiday show. The exhibit focuses on vintage travel posters advertising destinations both foreign and domestic, but also includes a striking selection of other works by renowned poster artists such as Jean d'Ylen, Leonetto Capiello, Herbert Leupin, Roger Broders, and many more.
International Poster Gallery | 205 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Our Cups Runneth Over Our Cups Runneth Over is a biannual exhibition and sale of contemporary ceramic cups featuring the work of 33 artists from around the country. The exhibition attracts the attention of regional and national collectors and has become an important educational destination for students to learn about the various formal, conceptual and technical approaches that ceramics allows. For the exhibition, Sanam Emami, Head of the Pottery Department at Colorado State University, Fort Collins has conceived a site-specific installation that further explores her interest in the patterns of Iranian and Islamic art and architecture.
Society of Arts & Crafts | 175 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Vintage Garage Holiday Show The folks behind Vintage Garage had such a great time at the November Show that they're going to do it again! Dozens of dealers from around the state and beyond will be offering vintage finds from housewares and holiday decor to clothing, books, art and more.
Vintage Garage | 1134 West Granville, Chicago, Illinois 60660
12/8 - 12/9: 11am - 6pm
• One of a Kind Show The 12th annual One of a Kind Show and Sale Chicago is Chicago's holiday shopping show! A refreshing alternative to traditional retail, the show is the ideal place to find one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your holiday list. More than 600 talented artists from across North America will bring their imaginative, handmade creations to this year's show offering a wide range of media and categories
Merchandise Mart | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Italian Masterworks and Important Design Auctions at Wright Italian Masterworks, including the Collection of Loris Manna, is a concise sale of incomparably beautiful and rare works by Italian designers such as Gio Ponti and Carlo Mollino.
Wright | 1440 West Hubbard, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Manifold/Accessibles Show and Sale Manifold is pleased to present its upcoming group show and sale, Accessibles, centered around offering work by Chicago designers and artists that is exclusively accessible (everything for sale at $150 and less).
Manifold | 4426 North Ravenswood Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60640
Opening Reception: 12/8: 3pm - 8pm
• WPA Chicago/Poltrona Frau Anniversary Celebration WPA Chicago is hosting a series of events to celebrate Poltrona Frau 100th Anniversary. Each weekend they'll be hosting a particular designer or product line for the holiday shopper; including a special discount promotion for that particular weekend and designer's goods.
WPA Chicago | 314 West Superior, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Broadway Antique Market Holiday Sale Save 10-50% off storewide.
Broadway Antique Market | 6130 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60660
• Urban Craft Lab Fall Workshops Urban Craft Lab is a workshop and party company offering relaxing, communal crafting for anyone who wants to make something beautiful and cool. SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS
Weekends through 12/16
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Chicago Center for The Print "The Mad Men of the Airline Poster & The Golden Age of Graphic Design 1950'- 1960's," an ongoing exhibition online and in the gallery.
Chicago Center for The Print | 1509 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• 3rd Annual Renegade Craft Fair Holiday Market Expect a cozy craft village at the LA Holiday Market. Walking through all the booths is sure to be an inspirational and festive time. Attendees can wrap all of their handmade purchases at Renegade's own DIY Gift Wrap Station with stamps furnished by Yellow Owl Workshop. Fans of LA's four-legged friends can make a donation at the Second Acts Animal Rescue Booth. There will also be site-specific art installations at the venue, done by local artists. Local DJs from KXLU will be spinning jams all weekend to keep visitors in the shopping and crafting mood, while the free-to-use photobooth from the Magnolia Photobooth Co. will keep attendees smiling all weekend.
LA State Historic Park | 1245 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, California 90012
12/8 - 12/9: 10am - 5pm
• Poketo Holiday Sale Shoppers can expect discounts of up to 75% on a wide range of apparel, accessories, housewares, stationery, and lifestyle goods. The first 12 people in line each day will also be treated to a special gift bag worth over $100 filled with goodies from Poketo, Juniper Ridge, Baxter of California, Tattly and Capsule Parfumerie.
Poketo | 820 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90013
12/8 - 12/9
• NK Shop Holiday Sale 20% off the entire shop.
NK Shop | 7221 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
12/8: 10am - 5pm
• Thom Filicia Book Signing Calypso St. Barth's Home Store welcomes interior designer Thom Filicia, author of American Beauty: Renovating and Decorating a Beloved Retreat. Come sip, snap, get your copy signed and enjoy $25 off of every $100 spent.
Calypso St. Barth | 225 26th Street, Santa Monica, California 90402
• Haute House Home Grand Opening Sale A little over a year ago, the owners Casey Fisher and Harry Marshall received some dreadful news while vacationing in Maui. Their pride and joy, Haute House Home, a high-end furniture manufacturer in Los Angeles, was up in flames. The fire completely destroyed the company's production facility and they lost everything except for a few computers and customer orders. Since the warehouse fire, the team has been working double duty to make Haute House Home bigger and better than ever before. In celebration of the Grand Opening of the new retail showroom, they're having a sale both on the website and in the showroom.
Haute House Home | 3501 San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, California 90065
12/10 - 12/22
• Duson Design Moving Sale Duson Design is closing their Silverlake store and just started their Moving Sale. Everything is marked down 30%.
Duson Design | 2522 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90026
• Walk On Tile 10th Anniversary Promotion Walk On Tile announces their 10th anniversary special promotion "We Love Our Neighbors @ WalkOn Tile" with 10% additional discount on In-stock tile.
Walk on Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Brooklyn Visits Heath LA Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Opening Reception: 12/1: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 01/13
• 2nd Annual Crafted at the Canal A holiday fair featuring reuse artisans from Brooklyn. Help BIG!NYC recover from Sandy, support local reuse artisans and find one-of-a-kind gifts!
Build It Green Reuse Center | 69 9th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215
12/7: 6pm - 10pm
12/8: 10am - 5pm
• Jeffrey Maron: Devotion Affirmation Arts presents Jeffrey Maron: Devotion, a retrospective of Maron's sculptural work that spans 16 years (1976--2012). Jeffrey Maron's work is self-described as "contemporary animism," drawing on spiritual experiences to transform metals and other materials into works of art. His creative process comprises mind, body and spirit, producing pieces that have their own intrinsic energy and animistic themes. Maron's work is characterized by paradoxes; it is tough and beautiful, religious and sensual, reminiscent of familiar symbols, yet unique.
Affirmation Arts | 523 West 37th Street, New York, New York 10018
• Niche Modern Factory Sale Niche Modern is opening up their factory doors to offer you a chance to scoop up those pendant lights you've been dreaming about. There will be live glass blowing demonstrations, free refreshments and a great chance to check out our new factory in Beacon, New York.
Niche Modern | 311 Fishkill Avenue, Beacon, New York 12508
12/8: 10am - 6pm
12/9: 11am - 5pm
• DwellStudio Miles Redd Celebration Christian Lemeiux, Founder of DwellStudio, is hosting a celebration for Miles Redd and the recent publication of his new book, "Big Book of Chic". The evening starts with an exclusive Q&A with Miles Redd by Christiane Lemieux, followed by book signing and cocktails. The Cocktail will benefit Housing Works, the charity committed to ending the dual crises of AIDS and homelessness.
DwellStudio | 77 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
12/10: 6pm - 8pm
• Kartell Holiday Promotion Enjoy 20% off all Kartell accessories.
Kartell | 39 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
• The Shop at Cooper-Hewitt Pop Up Shop The Shop at Cooper-Hewitt is opening a special pop-up holiday shop. Located in the museum's townhouses, the shop will feature innovative design works that make perfect holiday gifts, as well as design-conscious holiday decor. Shop items will be marked down 10 percent, with additional savings on select products.
Townhouses at Cooper-Hewitt | 9 East 90th Street, New York, New York 10128
12/13 - 12/18
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Create Your Own Nook: One-of-a-Kind 2'x3' Carpet Sale
Tufenkian Artisan Carpets | 919 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022
• Brooklyn Night Bazaar Inspired by the night markets across Asia, Brooklyn Night Bazaar brings together more than 200 of the borough's most creative independent vendors, musicians, chefs, artists, breweries and wineries.
Brooklyn Night Bazaar | 45 North 5th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Friday & Saturdays through 12/22
• Rico Clearance Event Great opportunities just in time for the holidays. Major markdowns on all showroom models: sofas, sleepers, media cabinets, hardwood dining tables and chairs, coffee and end tables, and occasional pieces. Large inventory of lighting, decorative pillows, large vases and art prints. Big variety of hand-knotted area rugs. Cherry pencil post single bed, upholstered single or day bed. Large collection of antique handcrafted industrial decorative patterns, and men's vintage/resale apparel and accessories.
Rico | 546 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215
• PEDINI's Display Kitchens For Sale PEDINI NY is making room for new displays. PEDINI NY has all new Italian Display Kitchens for Sale! Shop the PEDINI NY annual Display Kitchens Sale and save up to 70% on high-quality Italian designed, award-winning, contemporary kitchen cabinetry. Drop by our Tribeca showroom and let us show you around. Time is of the essence! If you stop in soon you can score a great deal on not only cabinetry, but also counter-tops, appliances and plumbing fixtures. Since we are making room for new collections, it is the most opportune time to buy one of our elite Contemporary Display Kitchens at half of the normal price.
PEDINI | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• Calligaris Holiday Sales Event Lowest prices of the year on Calligaris. Vibrant and affordable, Calligaris contemporary designs are expertly crafted in Italy.
Jensen Lewis | 89 7th Avenue New York, New York 10011
Jensen Lewis | 969 3rd Avenue New York, New York 10022
• Kate's Diner at Rebecca Hossack Gallery UK artist Kate Jenkins will be exhibiting at Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC. Throughout her exhibition, Kate's Diner, the gallery will be transformed into an American style diner. A crocheting genius and one of the UK's most original and innovative artists, Jenkins has crafted New York pizzas, burgers and fries, American doughnuts, pretzels and many iconic famous food and drink items usually associated with eateries in New York.
Rebecca Hossack Gallery | 262 Mott Street, New York, New York 10012
12/5 - 12/31
• 2012 Portland Bazaar The Portland Bazaar will provide a unique spin on traditional holiday fairs. In addition to offering a curated selection of vendors in a wide range of categories (clothing, accessories, home goods, books, music, vintage wares, fine art, food and spirits), the Bazaar will also offer unique demonstrations and classes, including custom bike frame building and DIY workshops that teach visitors how to make holiday wreaths from local Portland flora.
Portland Flea | 420 NE 9th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97232
12/8: 9am - 5pm
12/9: 9am - 4pm
• Mud, Sweat and Cheer Mudshark Studios has brought together the Portland art community with a month long holiday pop up shop
blending craft, clay and gallery work into one holiday shopping experience. Holiday shoppers can find Growlers from the Portland Growler Company, functional vessels of all kinds from well known clay artists like Victoria Christen, Chris Baskin, Kowkie Durst, Rabun Thompson, Jason Lee Starin, Puji Sheer, Barb Jenson, Brett Binford, Chris Pate, Joshua Kovarik, Zachary Wollert, Allie Bentley and many others, creating sculptural and decorative pieces, ornaments and more from local favorites and up and coming talent alike.
Mudshark Studios | 922 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, Oregon 97205
• Secession Art & Design's Holiday Collection and Party Secession Art & Design's holiday collection has arrived! Showcasing over 50 independent designers for men, women, and children, you are sure to find that unique gift for every person on your list and even something special for yourself.
Secession Art and Design | 3361 Mission Street, San Francisco, California 94110
12/7: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
• Waterworks December Private Sale Waterworks Private Sale is a Home sale which happens only twice a year. The Sale includes all made to order textiles, wall mounted accessories, and furnishings products from Waterworks. The San Francisco showroom will also be collecting canned foods during the month of December that will be donated to the San Francisco Food Bank.
Waterworks | 235 Kansas Street, San Francisco, California 94103
• This is My World by Lisa Congdon at Rare Device This is my World is a glimpse inside the brain of San Francisco artist and illustrator, Lisa Congdon. Congdon, long obsessed with the fusion of color, shape and pattern on unlikely surfaces, brings us a show of of small works, painted objects, zines and hand made books. Congdon has combined hand lettering, hand-drawn pattern, and her usual dose of bold color onto paper, vintage ephemera and wood to create an array of pieces that will dazzle even the most sullen observer.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, California 94117
Exhibit: Through 12/21
• Creativity Explored Holiday Sale The Annual Holiday Art Sale at Creativity Explored is an art lover's shopping extravaganza, with a multitude of remarkable original art. Plus, this year they're giving 30% off all original artwork to celebrate their 30th anniversary in 2013. Like all Creativity Explored exhibitions, one-half of the proceeds from the sale of every artwork goes directly to the artist.
Creativity Explored | 3245 16th Street, San Francisco, California 94103
• Nantucket Home Holiday Sale Save up to 60% off all rugs and lamps during the huge holiday sale.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway Street, Chico, California 95928
• Shana Astrachan Holiday Glamour Boutique Local designer and metalsmith, Shana Astrachan, presents A Holiday Glamour Boutique at Rare Device. Shana's love of vintage crafts and glamorous interiors have shaped the objects she created exclusively for this holiday seasons annual pop-up shop. She brings you unique collaborations and works of other designers along with her handcrafted line of jewelry, accessories, paper goods and beauty products. Come visit and experience Shana's crafty nod to eras gone by.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero St., San Francisco, California 94117
• Brooklyn Visits Heath SF Heath is bringing the designs of Brooklyn to California for a show called Brooklyn Visits Heath. Co-curated by Heath Ceramics and Brooklyn stylist Pam Morris, this six-week show runs simultaneously in Heath's San Francisco and Los Angeles stores. Heath is highlighting exceptional craft products for the table and home by Brooklyn-based artisans and designers. A holiday-friendly show, this is the perfect opportunity to shop unique designs for holiday gifts.
Heath Ceramics | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Opening Reception: 11/30: 5pm - 8pm
Show though 01/13
• Fenton Street Market Holiday Market Fenton Street Market is a local handmade, vintage and import crafts market in Downtown Silver Spring that runs weekly from April to October of each year. This year they are having their first ever holiday markets. There will be over 100 vendors selling everything from handmade clothing and jewelry, ceramics, wooden toys and books to vintage housewares, bath and body products, crafts and imports. You can easily knock off everyone on your list in one trip.
Veteran's Plaza | Fenton Street and Ellisworth Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
12/22: 10am - 4pm
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Niche Modern Factory Sale, EcoSmart Fire Outlet Sale, Italian Masterworks at Wright, Design Public/JEB Jones Sale