TGIF! It's Friday again and that means it's time for another edition of The Weekend Guide. This week we're seeing some big pretty sales from the likes of Homesite, Unison, Lightology and Cuddledown, all shown above. Check out these and many more sales and events in The Weekend Guide. Then, pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Unison Online Warehouse Sale Help Unison clear out old designs and winter items. Buy sale bedding, blankets, and pillows all at 70% off while supplies last!
2/10 - 2/12
• Handcrafted Chicken Coops Sale Calling all Backyard Farmers! Spring is just around the corner. Save $100 on all Handcrafted Chicken Coops, plus get free shipping for free to your home.
• Homesite Winter Clearance Save on everything in the store! 20% off regular price furniture; 10% off accessories and custom upholstery; 10% off already on-sale merchandise.
• My Urban Child's Nurseryworks Furniture Sale Check out this sale on the complete Nurseryworks modern furniture line, the leader in baby and children's furniture.
Alessi Annual Warehouse Sale Alessi, a leader in tabletop design, is offering a discount of up to 70% off on discontinued items, irregulars and floor samples. The sales event will be taking place at three stores; New York-Madison, New York-Soho, and San Francisco, as well as Alessi shops in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and Miami.
In select stores
• Lightology Bathroom Lighting Sale 15-35% OFF Select Bathroom Lighting, including vanity wall sconces, bath bars, mirrors and more.
• Home Remedy Winter Sale The Home Remedy Winter Sale event includes home accessories from Jonathan Adler, Xenia Taler, Kahler and more marked down 30%, as well as previously marked home accessories up to 75% off.
• Curran's Annual Sale 25% off your first and most expensive item, 20% off of all the rest! Plus free shipping!
• Bright Lights, Big Love Underline Gallery is thrilled to present the glittering, visceral Bright Lights, Big Love. Gathering artists from around the globe, Bright Lights, Big Love spotlights a variety of mediums. From light installations and sculpture to painting and photography, these ephemeral, subjective media demonstrate, question, and complicate the fragility and uncertainty of intimacy. The underpinning narrative of the collection speaks to the creation and destruction of relationships. The curators at Underline have managed to cull alluring, new works that address a particularly relevant theme in the coldest months: The seasonal nature of love.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• Andersen Exterior Trim Design Contest To showcase the new Andersen Exterior Trim System, the company is launching a contest for architects and designers to render and submit an original building design using Andersen exterior trim as a building component. Up to five (5) designs will be selected. Contest winners will receive a trip to Minnesota for an architectural tour of the Twin Cities and a facilities tour of Andersen Corporation. CONTEST DETAILS
• Annie Selke Book Signing Meet Designer Annie Selke and get a signed copy of her new book Fresh American Spaces . Book purchases qualify customers for a chance to win a $250 gift certificate to Annie's Dash & Albert Rug Company. All Dash & Albert rugs will be 20% off during the event.
Hudson Boston | 12 Union Park Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
2/11: 1pm - 4pm
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• Sonnenzimmmer + Winterbureau Slimventory Sale Chicago-based designers/print makers Sonnenzimmer and Winterbureau are opening the doors to their shared Roscoe Village studio for a one-day sale on screen printed posters, prints, and original artwork. For one day only, prices will be marked down to help make room for 2012's new stock.
Sonnenzimmmer + Winterbureau | 3605 North Damen, Rear Store, Chicago, Illinois 60618
2/11: 10am - 5pm
• Vintage Bazaar The Vintage Bazaar is returning to the site of their first market, the DANK Haus in Lincoln Square, for a two-day, 35-vendor market occupying the fifth floor Marunde Grand Ballroom and the sixth floor Skyline Lounge. Chicago indie radio station CHIRP will be providing DJ entertainment and we'll have four fabulous food vendors, plus cocktails and beer from the DANK bar.
DANK Haus | 4740 North Western Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625
2/11: 12pm - 6pm
• Blue Dot Design Award Hydrology, known as the destination for extraordinary bath fixtures and furniture in the US, is launching an interior and architectural design competition with Fantini, an upscale boutique manufacturer of Italian modern faucetry and shower systems. Open to Midwest and interior designers, the chosen award recipient will receive a trip for two to Italy during Salone del Mobile in Milan.
Hydrology | 435 North LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Inspiration Vol. 3: Go GloCal Art, fashion, culture and vintage enthusiasts from around the globe will again gather at Long Beach, CA's premiere historic art deco destination, The Queen Mary. This two-day show will bring together over 100 international vendors and exhibitors offering unique and one-of-a-kind merchandise on exhibit and for sale--including American vintage apparel manufactured from the 1900s-1980s, vintage-inspired-to-contemporary fashions and accessories from boutique and corporate American and Japanese companies, surf and skate exhibitors, plus artists and artisans, as well as live music.
The Queen Mary | 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, California 90802
2/10: 3pm - 9pm
2/11: 10am - 5pm
• Adrienne Adar & Emily Silver: A Shifted Memory On view at Co-op 28 Gallery, artists Adrienne Adar and Emily Silver investigate the curiosity of the spectacle. By using a variety of mediums including sculpture, sound, photography and drawing, each artist offers visions of the fantastical and absurd, both real and imaginary in a show full of humor, tactility and ridiculous happenings.
Co-op 28 Gallery | 1728 North Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90027
Opening Reception: 1/28: 6pm - 9pm
• Room & Board's 2012 New Collection Event Join Room & Board in their showroom to browse the new 2012 collection of handcrafted, American-made home furnishings. Be among the first to explore distinctive new accent pieces, inviting sofas and chairs in an array of new fabrics, and clever, customizable storage options in new and classic finishes. Enjoy light refreshments and enter to win a $1,000 Room & Board gift card.
Room & Board | 8707 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232
Room & Board | 1661 West Sunflower Avenue, Santa Ana, California 92704
2/11: 10am - 7pm
2/12: 11am - 6pm
• Liz's Antique Hardware Anniversary Sale Liz's Antique Hardware turns 20 this year. Still youthful, but brimming with experience, they're celebrating their birthday by offering 20% off all in-stock hardware and lighting
Liz's Antique Hardware | 453 South La Brea, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Property Bi Annual Sale All new orders 20% off and floor models are reduced up to 60% off.
Property | 14 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10013
• Future Tradition WAO Come celebrate the fusion of Japanese craftsmanship and innovation and the merging of New World and Old World methods. This exhibition represents a new Japanese craftsmanship and a movement to bring crafts to the 21st century. Featured collaborations include: Baccarat, FENDI, Louis Vuitton and Hello Kitty.
Capsule Studio | 873 Broadway, Suite 204, New York, New York 10003
• Sheherazade Winter Hot Sale Up to 50% off Syrian furniture; ottomans, Ikat and Suzani Pillows, mirrors, lighting, and much more.
Sheherazade | 121 Orchard Street, New York , New York 10002
• Mitchell Owens: Center Stage: The Sets and Costumes of Cecil Beaton New York School of Interior Design will be hosting a free lecture on Cecil Beaton. eaton was best known as a fashion and portrait photographer, but he also had a successful career as a stage and costume designer for Broadway, ballet and opera. Mitchell Owens, special projects editor of Architectural Digest, will speak about Beaton's relentless energy and creativity and some of his most memorable scenic and costume designs.
New York School of Interior Design | 170 East 70th Street, New York, New York 10021
2/15: 6pm - 8pm
• Stanley Boxer at Spanierman Modern Spanierman Modern is pleased to announce the opening of the Stanley Boxer exhibition. Boxer worked with indefatigable energy during a career that spanned the second half of the twentieth century. In his paintings from the 1960s through the 1990s — featured in this exhibition — he developed an individualistic stylistic trajectory, drawing from the action painting techniques of Abstract Expressionism and the optical color sensations and allover approach of Color Field painting, as well as from painterly traditions stretching back to the old masters.
Spanierman Modern | 53 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022
• Jensen-Lewis Winter Clearance To make room for the 2012 collection, Jensen-Lewis are announcing the Winter savings and clearance event at the Chelsea showroom. Save up to 70% on premium Italian and American made furniture. Enjoy post holiday savings on Sofas, Sectionals, Dining Tables, Home Office and more. Clearance items ava