This weekend is your last chance to pick up something for your sweetie for Valentine's Day. Fortunately, we're here to help you save some dough while doing so. This edition of the Weekend Guide is full of warehouse sales, pop up shops and other special savings events. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event for future editions of the Guide.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• House Couturier Limited Luxury quilt and eco cushions sale - 20% reduction on hand made silk quilts and eco quilts.
• Vermont Woods Studios Home Office & Living Room Sale Update your living room or home office with real hardwood furniture. Save up to 20% plus free shipping and lifetime guarantee!
• Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED at AllModern Save 38% on Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED beanbags and Waynecoolers and for every Fatboy (PRODUCT)RED purchase, 10% will go to help deliver an AIDS free generatoin by 2015.
• YOLO Colorhouse Paint Samples at HomeDepot.com YOLO Colorhouse paint samples - The Big Chips - are 25% off. The Big Chips are 12" x 16" of pure color; more color, less mess! YOLO Colorhouse paints are low odor and zero VOC.
• Nantucket Home Clearance Event Huge savings online during our clearance event.
• Que Sera Lighting Sale The Que Sera lighting sale offers twenty-five percent off all lighting in-stock and best of all, special order! Custom lighting is included in the discount, so design your own or choose from the selection of chic, vintage-inspired lighting.
Online and in store
• Art V Cancer Valentines Promotion Offer Valentines Day is fast approaching and Art V Cancer is offering everyone who purchases a limited edition print a copy of the highly sought after 'Building bridges, not Empires' print free. There are several cool prints available to buy on Art V Cancer that would warm your loved ones heart on Valentines Day and not only that you would be donating money to Cancer Charities in the process, spreading the love.
• Serenity Stumps Sale Bring the outdoors in with the rustic Natural Tree Stump Side Table. All wood stumps come from a responsible managed Forest (FSC- Certified Forest) in Perth, Ontario, Canada.
• Woonwinkel February Furniture Sale Woonwinkel is offering 15% off all custom and in-stock furniture by Hay and SCP and 20% off select home accessories. Sale items include woonwinkel favorites: the customizable Oscar Sofa and Peggy Table by SCP. Home accessory items will also be on sale, including award-winning Dutch designers Scholten & Baijings' colour cushions and France's YPLFL Perrette Containers.
Online and in store
• The Shade Store Woven Wood Shades Sale The Shade Store, a brand with over 60 years' experience in the custom window treatment industry has announced a new sale. The Shade Store's entire line of Woven Wood Shades is on 15% off.
• Design Public Steelcase Sale 15% off semi-annual Steelcase sale.
• Greentea Design Winter Sale Savings up to 30% on all collections and 60% in the outlet section.
• M & M Design Floor Sample/Warehouse Sale Many one-of-a-kind, discontinued, cancelled order pieces – contemporary handmade area rugs including Tibetan wool & silk. Including select items from our designer collections such as Missoni, Dakota Jackson, Adam Tihany and Niba. All from 50-75% off.
Online and in store (by appointment)
• BoConcept Design Consultation Event Take 10% off all in-home design consultations of $5000 or more. Schedule an in-home design consultation and a BoConcept design consultant will make a home visit, measure rooms, and analyze style preferences. Just a few days later they will present a detailed furniture plan and color schemes to consider in BoConcept's 3D interior decorating software, making it easy to visualize how the new furniture and layouts will look. A $150 design consultation deposit is credited towards any BoConcept furniture and accessories order.
All 23 US BoConcept stores
• Home Remedy Annual Winter Sale The annual Home Remedy Winter Sale event includes home accessories from Pantone, Virginia Johnson, Patch NYC and more, marked down from 30% to 75% off.
• Southern Living Showcase Home Silverton Custom Homes and Henley Homes, Inc. are proud to present the first Southern Living Showcase Home to come to central Texas, with proceeds from tickets benefit Ronald McDonald House of Austin and Central Texas and Operation FINALLY Home. Guests have access to daily tours of the dream home, and special events are scheduled throughout the exclusive 2-week showing including cooking demonstrations, wine tastings and design seminars. This waterfront home located in Waterford on Lake Travis in Lago Vista offers lavish views and luxurious design that can't be missed. TICKETS
Southern Living Showcase Home | 904 Watercliff Drive, Lago Vista, Texas 78645
• Vintage on 18th The vintage shops in Pilsen have banded together to form a collective of sorts - Vintage on 18th. The initiative launches officially in conjunction with the monthly Pilsen 2nd Friday art walk. All 4 shops offer very different and unique options ranging from mid-century modern furniture and home décor to men's and women's vintage clothing to locally sourced handmade items - there's something for everyone.
Vintage on 18th | 818-1430 West 18th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60608
• Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Demonstration Day They had such a good time in January that they're doing it again. So what the heck is this Annie Sloan Chalk Paint stuff? Is it for making chalkboards? Can you paint outdoor stuff with it? Do you have to seal it? Can you eat it? Get the answers and participate in demonstrations. Get inspired! Pick a color! Go home and make something fabulous!
Nest Vintage Modern | 3750 Grand Boulevard, Brookfield, Illinois 60513
2/9: 10am - 6pm
• Celebrity Designer Thom Filicia Book Signing New York-based A-List celebrity interior designer Thom Filicia will be the guest of honor at a book signing at the KOHLER Signature Store at the Chicago Merchandise Mart for his latest release titled American Beauty: Renovating and Decorating a Beloved Retreat. Filcia, listed among House Beautiful magazine's Top 100 Designers and one of House and Garden magazine's International Tastemakers, became a household name when he was cast among the fab five on the Emmy Award-winning show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," where he served as the show's interior design guru. RSVP
Kohler | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 100, Chicago, Illinois 60654
2/13: 6pm - 8pm
• Divine Consign's Designer Furniture Warehouse Event Remember the "Treasure Hunt" sample sale days at the Mart? They're back - and the treasure has moved to Oak Park! Divine Consign, working with the finest showrooms and studios at the mart and throughout Chicagoland, has compiled one-half million dollars of high-end designer showroom inventory to be sold at 50-90% off "Mart" prices. From showrooms such as C.A.I. Designs, Martin-Wood, Kenneth Ludwig, Anacara, Treasure Garden, Lily Jack, Dana Creath, Park Place Interiors and others, this warehouse event will make these designer items available to the public for 10 days only.
Divine Consign | 411 Harrison Street, Oak Park, Illinois 60304
• Molly Briggs' "Walking, Looking, Making" Zg Gallery is pleased to present Molly Briggs' fourth exhibition "Walking, Looking, Making: New Paintings". Briggs uses landscape and the built environment as a means to consider the nature of reality and the ways that desire and expectation, shape our perception of the world.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Lightology Monorail Sale February is the time to transform your space with light! Save 30% on Monorail from Edge Lighting at Lightology. Sleek, sophisticated Monorail systems offer dynamic and versatile lighting solutions that will complement and complete almost any interior.
Lightology | 215 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Inspiration Vintage, Fashion, Art & Kulture Show This two-day show will bring together over 150 international vendors and exhibitors offering unique and one-of-a-kind merchandise on exhibit and for sale--including American vintage apparel manufactured from the 1900s-1980s, vintage-inspired-to-contemporary fashions, denim and accessories from boutique and corporate American, European and Japanese companies, jewelry artisans & milliners, surf and skate exhibitors, plus artists and artisans, as well as American music! Plus, check out retro hot-rods and cycles, hair stylists, food trucks and more.
Inspiration Vintage, Fashion, Art & Kulture Show | 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, California 90802
2/8: 4pm - 9pm
2/9: 10am - 5pm
• "Pressure + Flow" Los Angeles by La Marzocco USA Pressure + Flow will Feature a day of learning, with presentations and hands-on guided learning experiences on emerging coffee topics. PRESSURE: A guided hands-on learning experience with the Strada EP. Hear about how the Strada EP came to be, what we've learned about brewing coffee using the Strada EP as a platform, then spend time with the machine. FLOW: This session will give an overview of water science, the interaction of coffee and water, and leave participants with information on how to test their water and make informed water conditioning purchase decisions.
Siren Studios | 6063 West Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, California 90028
2/13: 10am - 7pm