Our weekly list of carefully curated sales and events can help you no matter where you live. Click below for our massive list of local floor sample and warehouse sales, deals at national retailers, not-to-be-missed museum exhibitions and home & design-centric lectures and discussions. Pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Room & Board's Annual Clearance Event Enjoy up to 60% off discounted furniture and accessories in stores and online. Quantities are limited and go fast.
Online and in stores.
• French Bull Sale Celebrate the new year with big savings on French Bull favorites. Up to 50% off.
• Home Remedy Winter Sale Featuring pillows, tabletop, textiles, and ceramic home accessories marked from 30-50% off.
• FinnStyle Marimekko Clearance Sale Save on over 400 Marimekko designs discounted up to 60%. ALL Marimekko bedding on sale (this never goes on sale), fabrics, bath, bags, kitchen and more.
• HGTV Design Star Season 6 Casting Eager to participate in a design competition? Think you have what it takes to host your own design show? HGTV is seeking a new crop of interior decorators or designers, design enthusiasts, builders, architects and artists to compete in a series of difficult design-based challenges to win their own show on HGTV. Open auditions for the sixth season of HGTV Design Star will get underway at various locations across the country. MORE INFORMATION
• Heather Lins Home Typography Calendar Sale Heather Lins Home will discount "A Year in Caps: 2011 Typography Calendar" 25% off. The calendar is a series of twelve sustainably-harvested birch veneer cards. Regularly $32, sale price $24.
• Baker's Clean Sweep Sale Offering floor samples at up to 60% off.
All Baker showrooms and stores.
• Natural History Homewares Sale 30% off luxury pure linen bedding and dining, up to 25% off cushions, silk robes and much more.
• Dempsey & Carroll's Annual January Sale Two annual sales start this month. The Annual Engraved Correspondence Card Sale – with specially engraved cards regularly priced $385 discounted to $225 – plus all holiday cards are discounted up to 75%.
• "Keep on Giving" Event at Gus* Modern Throughout the month of January, customers who bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
• January Sale on BoConcept Sofas 25% off sofas including the contemporary, clean-lined Sazza fabric collection and the distinguished yet soft Estoril and Salvador leather collection.
12/26 - 1/31
• The Shade Store's Energy Sale Save 10% on all energy-saving products. Choose from exclusive materials for Roman Shades, Drapery, Cellular Shades, and Solar Shades.
• Restoration Hardware Annual Bath Event Shop the newest catalog and soak up savings of up to 25% on everything for the bath.
• Home on the Harbor Sample Sale Save 15-50% on all in-stock furniture, lighting and accessories by Blu Dot, Gus Modern, Knoll, American Leather, Mash Studios, Kartell & more.
Home on the Harbor | 1414 Key Highway, Baltimore, Maryland 21230
1/3 - 1/15
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• Circle Furniture Charity Promotion Donate $50 to The Rodman Ride for Kids and receive $200 off any Ekornes® Stressless recliner. Give yourself the ultimate gift of comfort and see why charity begins at home.
All Boston Area Locations
• Circle Furniture January Sale Choose from a wide selection of sofas, chairs, dining tables, bedrooms and much more. And guess what? When you spend more, you SAVE more!
Circle Furniture | 199 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
• Jayson Home & Garden Floor Model & More Sale Save as much as 50% off lots of new and vintage furniture, home accessories, holiday merchandise, and lighting. Back stock pieces are on sale in addition to the floor models.
Jayson Home & Garden | 1871 North Clybourn Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• Uber Modern Inventory Reduction Sale Deeply discounted mid-century modern furniture, decorative arts, lighting and jewelry.
Uber Modern | 2219 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612
1/14 - 1/16
• Urbanest January Upholstery Sale All special ordered sofas, chairs, sectionals and upholstered beds are 20% off. Frames are built the old-fashioned way — by hand and not on an assembly line. Our upholstery is made using heavy gauge steel springs, corner-blocked, doweled, glued and upholstered on the bench. We feel it's important to pay careful attention to every detail, balancing proportion with curves and lines — this is what makes for superb, stylish, long-lasting furniture.
Urbanest | 5212 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60640
1/1 - 1/30
• Green Home Chicago Design Center Sale 40% off all furniture floor models from Lee Naturals, 10% all vintage furniture, and 10% off all Eco Friendly fireplaces.
Green Home Chicago Design Center | 213 North Morgan Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607
• European Furniture Warehouse Half Off Sale Buy one item, get the second item half off.
European Furniture Warehouse | 2145 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612
• Neighborhoods Go Green! Scaling Up Sustainability Designed to bring attention to the need for sustainable neighborhoods, the exhibition includes suggestions to select a "smart" site as well as creating livable neighborhoods, all while reducing energy consumption. Examples of sustainable neighborhoods in the United States and Canada describe neighborhoods that have good public transportation, affordable housing, and places where people can walk and bike without having to drive a car.
Chicago Architecture Foundation | 224 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60604
Through 2/15: 9:30am - 5pm daily
• Baiko-En Bonsai Kenkyukai Show and Sale The Baiko-En Bonsai Kenkyukai Society will present the only show of deciduous miniaturized trees in the US. This show features Japanese graybark elms, ginkgo, zelkova and maple trees in their dormant stage. Demonstrations each day will show how to prune the branches and roots of ordinary nursery plants, transforming them into classic bonsai planted in the traditional shallow pots. Bonsai trees, both finished and partially trained by club members, will be offered for sale.
Los Angeles Arboretum & Botanic Garden | 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91007
1/15: 10am - 4:30pm
1/16: 10am - 4:30pm
• lawson-fenning January Sale The annual January sale at the Silver Lake lawson-fenning store. Through the month of January there will be 20-50% off everything in the store.
lawson-fenning | 1618 Silverlake Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90026
• Cloud Noir Grand Opening Sale 25% off on contemporary art and farmhouse tables to celebrate the grand opening of Cloud Noir.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Interieurs Outdoor Furniture Floor Sample Sale Winter is upon us, as so we are offering our outdoor furniture presently on our terrace at a considerable price reduction.
Interieurs | 228 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022
• The Future Perfect Post-Holiday Blowout Sale Up to 45% off all De Le Espada and 30% off selected Seletti.
The Future Perfect | 55 Great Jones Street, New York, New York 10012
The Future Perfect | 115 North 6th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
• Phaidon | Store New Year's Warehouse Sale For three weeks only, Phaidon | Store will be packed full of thousands of Phaidon books discounted at up to 50% off, and up to 75% of an additional selection of sample and "non-mint" copies across Phaidon's full range of titles covering art, architecture, photography, design, performing arts, decorative arts, contemporary culture, travel, fashion, film, children's books and cookbooks.
Phaidon | 83 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
• Design Within Reach Annex Warehouse Sale Save up to 60% at the DWR Annex winter clearance. You'll find discontinued and scratch-and-dent product, from furniture to lighting to
accessories and beyond.
Design Within Reach | 55 Hartz Way, Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
1/14 - 1/17
• Sheherazade Semi-Annual Sale Save up to 60% on Ikat pillows, Moroccan leather poufs, lighting, Moroccan bone mirrors, rugs and more.
Sheherazade | 121 Orchard Street, New York, New York 10002
• Props For Today Sample Sale The largest prop rental company on the east coast is throwing open their doors to the public for this rare come one, come all sale. Retired props and celebrity furniture in every style imaginable, antique to modern, will be available to the public for the first time in years. Not all of it is gently used either! Discounts up to 80%!
Props For Today | 330 West 34th Street, New York, New York 10001
1/20: 12pm - 8pm
1/21: 12pm - 8pm
1/22: 10am - 4pm
• "Holiday Exchange" @ The Homefront Gallery Holiday Exchange is a group show featuring affordable art and design objects in the spirit of collecting and gift giving. In addition to drawings, photographs, paintings, sculptures, watercolors and video, we will have furoshiki, wood block prints, soap, jewelry, lamps, origami ornaments, magnets and zines for sale. All of these unique items are priced within the range of $2 -$300.
The Homefront Gallery | 26-23 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101
SHOW: 12/11 - 1/29
• ABC Carpet and Home Annual Winter Sale Get incredible savings on thousands of rugs at all store locations. Shop the exclusive one size one price rug sale for savings up to 80% off. In addition, save up to 75% on select contemporary rugs, kilim & dhurries, decorative, oriental rugs and more!
• "Keep on Giving" Event at Bobby Berk Home This third annual event offers consumers a discount on modern furniture when they donate to local food banks. Customers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into Bobby Berk Home will receive 15% off the MSRP on Bobby Berk Home & Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery as well as all Gus* Modern dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed Bobby Berk Home to local food banks.
Bobby Berk Home | 59 Crosby Street, New York, New York 10012
• M&M Design January Sale Designer, one-of-a-kind, and showroom sample rug sale. Including many First Edition pieces by designers such as Missoni, Gene Meyer, Niba, Adam Tihany and Dakota Jackson. Tibetan rugs are all GoodWeave certified.
M&M Design International | 226 Westbury Avenue, Carle Place, New York 11514
• Charles P. Rogers Moving Sale After years at the same location the lease has expired at Charles P. Rogers' New Jersey factory and warehouse and they are moving. In order to facilitate the move, this January they are conducting a sale of all beds in stock. The selection is extensive and includes beds of every size, style and type.
Charles P. Rogers | 300 Route 17 North, East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073
• Patrick Jouin: From Kitchen to Table @ MAD The first solo exhibition at an American museum of the work of this prolific 42-year-old French designer.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
• Eat Drink Art Design @ MAD The artists and designers in this exhibition have created objects for the table — cups and plates, tea sets and silverware — that redefine the art of dining. Drawing from MAD's collection, the exhibition features 60 objects for eating and drinking.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
9/21 - 2/6
• Metropolitan Window Fashions "Labor Sale" Metropolitan Window Fashions stores in Manhattan are offering a 20% discount on all custom-made draperies, bedding and furniture upholstery.
Metropolitan Window Fashions | 469 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10024
1/3 - 2/21
• Underground Gallery: London Transport Posters, 1920's-1940's
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street, New York, New York 10019
• Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen Counter Space explores the twentieth-century transformation of the kitchen and highlights MoMA's recent acquisition of an unusually complete example of the iconic "Frankfurt Kitchen," designed in 1926–27 by the architect Grete Schütte-Lihotzky.
MoMA | 11 West 53rd Street, New York, New York 10019
• Thinking Outside the Box: European Cabinets, Caskets, and Cases Featuring 100 works selected from the Museum's Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
Through Summer 2011
• Constructing Play at the Philadelphia Center for Architecture The Center for Architecture's classic building toy exhibition returns for its second year! Relive the fun of childhood with classic and long-forgotten construction toys, such as Lincoln Logs and Plastic Bricks, while exploring new additions and soon-to-be classic toys, such as Rokenbok and Uberstix. Fun for the whole family and free!
Philadelphia Center for Architecture | 1218 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
11/26 - 2/4
• De Le Espada Sample Sale For the first time ever, De La Espada floor samples are on sale at Mixture. Start your new year with an amazing addition to your home – a piece of De La Espada furniture or lighting at 25% off.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• Wynne Alex Blow Out Sale 40-60% off everything in store — accessories, art and mirrors, case pieces, lighting, pillows, sofas, chairs, and tables.
Wynne Alex Home Furnishings | 3085 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
1/8 - 1/22
• California Carpet Great Winter Savings Event Most name brand carpet and rugs are 40 - 60% off. Hundreds of rugs at 50% off in the Design Studio.
California Carpet | 1197 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
• Taramundi Furniture January Sale 20-50% of rustic reclaimed wood furnishings, dining chairs, buffets, bookcases, benches, sofa tables, industrial pieces, mirrors, and more.
Taramundi Furniture | 1295 Boulevard Way, Walnut Creek, California 94595
• TrueModern Warehouse Sale TrueModern is offering a sample sale for Bay Area residents. Make an appointment to stop by the warehouse, meet designer Edgar Blazona and take home discounted sample pieces. There are several Luna sofas in various colors for as low as $999 ($500 off retail!), birch changing table dressers for $400 ($300 off) and discounted nightstands.
TrueModern | 3040 Chapman Street, Oakland, California 94601
• Diva Seattle Floor Model Sale Welcome the new year with furniture and accesories from Diva Seattle. Select floor models are on sale now.
Diva | 1300 Western Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
• Washington Color and Light @ Corcoran Showcasing significant works by artists associated with the Washington Color School of the 1950s-1970s and their contemporaries. Drawn exclusively from the Corcoran's collection, the works showcase the museum's extensive collection of Color School paintings and sculpture including galleries devoted to monumental paintings by Gene Davis and Thomas Downing.
Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art + Design | 500 Seventeenth Street NW, Washington DC 20006
• Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world's fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum's upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
Send it to us. We publish every week: