From chilly LA to frigid New York, it seems like the entire country is under a cold spell. This is a perfect time to check out all the online sales in our Weekend Guide. And if you are willing to brave the elements, we've got some great regional sales and events on this week's list, too. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event
for future editions of the Guide.
Shown, clockwise from top left: South Street Linen January Colorful White Sale, Cisco Home Factory Sale, Comma Workshop Online Sample Sale, Art V Cancer Valentines Promotion Offer
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Jayson Home Floor Model & More Sale Up to 70% off all floor models and brand new back stock furniture (as available), plus up to 70% off select holiday items, accessories, lighting, rugs, and vintage and antique furniture and accessories.
• Somnium 2013 Sale Bringing better sleep to a bedroom near you! All of our Somnium mattresses -- American & European adult sizes as well as our crib mattress - are 15 percent off to a make 2013 the year to sleep in healthy style.
• AllModern Exclusive Designer Rug Sale Up to 30% off designer rugs by Gandia Blasco, Nanimarquina, nuLOOM, Linie Design and more.
• Crestview Doors Warehouse Sale For three days only, we're slashing prices on all of our already-marked-down inventory of clearance items. Enjoy 40-50% off on overstocked items, display items, returns, and factory seconds.
1/23 - 1/25
• Comma Workshop Online Sample Sale Comma Workshop, a Colorado-based, modern quilt studio that incorporates typography, is having an online sample sale with up to 60% off sample quilts.
• Plywerk Valentines Day Sale Valentines day is one month away. Now is the time to get those pictures of you and your special someone printed and on the wall. Fortunately, Plywerk is eco-chic and perfect for lovers. Plus they're having a 20% off promotion.
• Ligne Roset 13 Day Sale As a welcome to 2013, Ligne Roset is offering 13% off for 13 days.
• West Elm Bedding + Bath Sale 20% off select bedding and bath supplies.
Online & in stores
• Baker Furniture Curtain Call Sample Sale Save on select floor models, while supplies last.
• The Blue Monkey: "Bisous" Down-Filled Baby Sleepsacks Promo Purchase a "Bisous" Baby Sleepsack, filled with Certified Canadian Duck Down, from the 2013 Winter Collection and receive a FREE Blue Monkey Snuggly Undershirt.
• Fab Winter Warehouse Sale Save up to 70% off.
• Nantucket Home Green Tag Sale Save up to 60% off select clearance items. Plus, all holiday items now 50% off.
Online and in store
• Keep On Giving at Gus* Modern 15% off all Gus* Modern (includes upholstery, beds, dining, storage, accents, lighting and accessories) for consumers who bring 3 non-perishable food items to a Gus* retailer for donation to a local food bank.
All Gus* Retailers
• Au Lit Fine Linens White Sale Save up to 50% off online and in store on bed linens, duvets, pillows, and more. Free shipping on online orders over $250 (U.S. and Canada only).
• BoConcept Nationwide January Design Sale BoConcept's nationwide January Design Sale kicked off earlier this week. In addition to discounts on select accessories up to 40% off, BoConcept is introducing a new sofa -- the LAGONI -- available during the sale period only.
All BoConcept Stores
• Greentea Design Winter Sale Savings up to 30% on all collections and 60% in the outlet section.
• House Couturier Limited Luxury quilt and eco cushions sale - 20% reduction on hand made silk quilts and eco quilts.
• Que Sera Lighting Sale The Que Sera lighting sale offers twenty-five percent off all lighting in-stock and best of all, special order! Custom lighting is included in the discount, so design your own or choose from the selection of chic, vintage-inspired lighting.
Online and in store
• Art V Cancer Valentines Promotion Offer Valentines Day is fast approaching and Art V Cancer is offering everyone who purchases a limited edition print a copy of the highly sought after 'Building bridges, not Empires' print free. There are several cool prints available to buy on Art V Cancer that would warm your loved ones heart on Valentines Day and not only that you would be donating money to Cancer Charities in the process, spreading the love.
• Crestview Doors Sample Sale Check out this one day only local sample sale at the Crestview Doors workshop in North Austin! They're kickstarting their online warehouse sale with a day of discounts and savings for anyone who wants to save up to 60% on overstocked items, display items, returns, and factory seconds.
Crestview Doors | 501 West Powell Lane, Suite 308, Austin, Texas 78753
1/19: 10am - 2pm
• Vintage Garage Chicago 25 all vintage vendors are back for the new year! We've got awesome Mid Century, vintage clothing, vintage home decor and more! Come support small business in Edgewater this winter!
Vintage Garage Chicago | 1134 West Granville, Chicago, Illinois 60660
1/19 - 1/20: 11am - 6pm
• Chicago Center for The Print "The Mad Men of the Airline Poster & The Golden Age of Graphic Design 1950'- 1960's," an ongoing exhibition online and in the gallery.
Chicago Center for The Print | 1509 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• Golden Triangle Lamp Gallery Let the light in for 2013. The showing will include singles, pairs, re-purposed items, Art Deco, Chinese, and more. They'll will even let you design your own lamp with a variety of lamp shades, finials, harps, and bases to choose from in our hands-on lamp workshop station.
Golden Triangle | 330 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60610
1/19 - 2/2
• Molly Briggs' "Walking, Looking, Making" Zg Gallery is pleased to present Molly Briggs' fourth exhibition "Walking, Looking, Making: New Paintings". Briggs uses landscape and the built environment as a means to consider the nature of reality and the ways that desire and expectation, shape our perception of the world.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
Artist Reception: 1/11: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Exhibit: Through 2/23
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• LA Art & Photography Gallery Sale Remy's On Temple Gallery Owner is selling part of his vast collection of artwork by international and local LA artists. The sale items include framed and unframed works on paper, canvas and wood, as well as sculpture, framed photography prints, graffiti/urban art and more. There are frames in many different styles & sizes for sale too.
Remy's on Temple | 2122 West Temple Street, Los Angeles, California 90026
1/19: 10am - 7pm
1/20: 10am - 7pm
• Transcontinental Junction at Artspace Warehouse Check out this artist reception for new exhibition Transcontinental Junction featuring artists from South Africa, Germany, the East Coast and Los Angeles.
Artspace Warehouse | 7358 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
1/19: 5pm - 8pm
• Cisco Home Factory Sale Cisco Home will be holding our annual Factory Sale from January 24th-27th. We're clearing our warehouse. Prices on samples and floor models are slashed 40-60%.
Cisco Home Warehouse | 5955 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90047
1/24 - 1/27
• Lemmon Hill Month Long Sale Storewide sale throughout the month of January! Barware 25% off, lighting 50% off, furniture 30-50% off and lots more.
Lemmon Hill | 2511 Mission Street, San Marino, California 91108
• Bidders, Brunch & Bubbles Auction The New Orleans Auction Galleries, in partnership with Gambit Weekly and Martin Wine Cellar, will present their Bidders, Brunch & Bubbles Auction. This auction event features the work of six local designers, each of whom will create unique vignettes demonstrating how easily and effectively novice collectors can incorporate period items into even the most contemporary of collections.
New Orleans Auction Galleries | 510 Julia Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
• ABC Carpet & Home Winter Sale Everything in the store will be on sale, including furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories reduced up to 60% off. The sale will include select product from Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tom Dixon, Matteo, BluDot, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Barbara Barry and more, as well as an amazing selection of rugs, sectionals and sofas.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• Fine American & European Furniture, Silver & Decorative Arts Auction Two extraordinary private collections of primarily 19th century French furniture will fill Bonhams New York galleries for their upcoming sale. Accompanied by fine Americana, impressive clocks, and an elegant and international selection of silver, it promises to be a truly memorable sale and a unique opportunity for connoisseurs.
Bonhams | 580 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022
Preview: 1/19 - 1/23
• Plexi-Craft Sale Plexi-Craft is cleaning house from 2012. They are selling overstocked, discontinued, and slightly imperfect acrylic furniture at deeply discounted prices. All items are on display at their showroom in Long Island City and are available for immediate pick-up or delivery.
Plexi-Craft | 30-02 48th Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101
• Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Public Sale Over 4000 square feet of Mid-Century and Danish Modern furniture, art, and lighting. Open to the public for 3 hours only. Wholesale prices.
Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse | 1701 North 2nd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122
1/20: 12pm - 3pm
• Paper: A Deckled Edge The Paper Artwork of Lesley Haas Lesley Haas, a native of Philadelphia, made her home in Heidelberg, Germany from 1988 until 1996 and again from 1999 to 2000. There she opened her first paper studio. She developed an interest in handmade paper after viewing a comprehensive New York exhibition in which the artworks were made with paper. Paper dresses, scrolls and recycled paper art can be found among her artworks. As an extension of her papermaking Haas has created numerous objects from vegetable papyrus.
Kamin Gallery, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library | 3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
• Furniturea January "Ice House" Sale It's a tent sale in the winter. Gus* Modern upholstery is 15% off, plus selected showroom and warehouse items are 25%-40% off.
Furniturea | 75 Market Street, Portland, Maine 04101
• South Street Linen January Colorful White Sale All long and short hand block printed 100% linen table runners and napkins are discounted.
South Street Linen | 5 South Street, Portland, Maine 04021
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
(Images: South Street Linen, Cisco Home, Comma Workshop, Art V Cancer)