It's the end of the month and lots of sales are ending on Monday! Our weekly list of carefully curated sales and events can help you no matter where you live. Check it out for deals at national retailers, local floor sample and warehouse sales, not-to-be-missed museum exhibitions, showhouses and home & design-centric lectures and discussions. Pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Room & Board's Annual Clearance Event Enjoy up to 60% off discounted furniture and accessories in stores and online. Quantities are limited and go fast.
Online and in stores.
• French Bull Sale Celebrate the new year with big savings on French Bull favorites. Up to 50% off.
• Baker's Clean Sweep Sale Offering floor samples at up to 60% off.
All Baker showrooms and stores.
• CoolWallArt Sale 5%-25% discount on selected wall art decals, for your living room, kitchen, bedroom and nursery.
• Natural History Homewares Sale 30% off luxury pure linen bedding and dining, up to 25% off cushions, silk robes and much more.
• Dempsey & Carroll's Annual January Sale Two annual sales start this month. The Annual Engraved Correspondence Card Sale – with specially engraved cards regularly priced $385 discounted to $225 – plus all holiday cards are discounted up to 75%.
• "Keep on Giving" Event at Gus* Modern Throughout the month of January, customers who bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
• January Sale on BoConcept Sofas 25% off sofas including the contemporary, clean-lined Sazza fabric collection and the distinguished yet soft Estoril and Salvador leather collection.
12/26 - 1/31
• The Shade Store's Energy Sale Save 10% on all energy-saving products. Choose from exclusive materials for Roman Shades, Drapery, Cellular Shades, and Solar Shades.
• Charlywoods CHD Awareness Sale February is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Month and so Charlywoods is donating 30% of its profits on any orders taken in Febuary to a CHD Charity, to help the cause.
2/1 - 2/28
• Restoration Hardware Annual Bath Event Shop the newest catalog and soak up savings of up to 25% on everything for the bath.
• Decorators Best Robert Allen Clearance Save 70% or more on over 100 first quality Robert Allen and Beacon Hill designer fabrics from the premier discount designer fabric and wallpaper e-tailer.
• Run to GG Sale 20-50% off housewares and fashion from iittala, Claus Porto, and more at Gilda Grace Collections.
Gilda Grace Collections | 1818 West 35th Street, Austin, Texas 78703
1/25 - 2/5
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• Circle Furniture January Sale Choose from a wide selection of sofas, chairs, dining tables, bedrooms and much more. And guess what? When you spend more, you SAVE more!
Circle Furniture | 199 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
• Jayson Home & Garden Floor Model & More Sale Save as much as 50% off lots of new and vintage furniture, home accessories, holiday merchandise, and lighting. Back stock pieces are on sale in addition to the floor models.
Jayson Home & Garden | 1871 North Clybourn Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• Fort Pitt Furniture Tax Season Sale Liquidated furnishings from 4 and 5-star hotels -- luxurious living for pennies on the dollar. Great bargains including 8-piece bedroom set from Embassy Suites for only $99; Hyatt leather club chair for only $49; stainless steel oval end table with frosted glass, on wheels from Hyatt Regency only $15.
Fort Pitt Hotel Furniture Liquidators | 4920 South Central Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60638
• Room Service + Brackett & Co. January Sale Room Service, a vintage furnishing & accessory store, partners with Brackett & Company, a home accent store, to bring you the January Sale & Clearance. Room Service offers up to 50% off on many itms, with Brackett & Co offering 30% off storewide.
Room Service | 5438 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60640
Brackett & Company | 5405 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60640
1/28 - 1/30
• Urbanest January Upholstery Sale All special ordered sofas, chairs, sectionals and upholstered beds are 20% off. Frames are built the old-fashioned way — by hand and not on an assembly line. Our upholstery is made using heavy gauge steel springs, corner-blocked, doweled, glued and upholstered on the bench. We feel it's important to pay careful attention to every detail, balancing proportion with curves and lines — this is what makes for superb, stylish, long-lasting furniture.
Urbanest | 5212 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60640
1/1 - 1/30
• Green Home Chicago Design Center Sale 40% off all furniture floor models from Lee Naturals, 10% all vintage furniture, and 10% off all Eco Friendly fireplaces.
Green Home Chicago Design Center | 213 North Morgan Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607
• European Furniture Warehouse Half Off Sale Buy one item, get the second item half off.
European Furniture Warehouse | 2145 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612
• Neighborhoods Go Green! Scaling Up Sustainability Designed to bring attention to the need for sustainable neighborhoods, the exhibition includes suggestions to select a "smart" site as well as creating livable neighborhoods, all while reducing energy consumption. Examples of sustainable neighborhoods in the United States and Canada describe neighborhoods that have good public transportation, affordable housing, and places where people can walk and bike without having to drive a car.
Chicago Architecture Foundation | 224 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60604
Through 2/15: 9:30am - 5pm daily
• Sawbridge Studios' Consolidation/Floor Sample Sale As part of Sawbridge Studios' scheduled plans to close its Chicago store and consolidate with its Winnetka location, a deep-discount Floor Sample/Consolidation Sale has kicked-off. With savings of 40%, 50%, and up to 60%, this special sale offers a rare opportunity to own Sawbridge's signature level of superior, handcrafted furniture and accessories, featuring select grain woods and premium materials, all expertly crafted by some of the top artisans in America.
Sawbridge Studios | 153 West Ohio Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Stranger Furniture Studio Sale See new pieces of sustainable furniture and cabinetry on show for the first time and seize the opportunity to buy at wholesale prices.
Stranger Furniture | 3202 East Foothill Boulevard #6h, Pasadena, California 91107
1/28: 5pm - 8pm
1/29: 10am - 5pm
1/30: 10am - 5pm
• lawson-fenning January Sale The annual January sale at the Silver Lake lawson-fenning store. Through the month of January there will be 20-50% off everything in the store.
lawson-fenning | 1618 Silverlake Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90026
• Cloud Noir Grand Opening Sale 25% off on contemporary art and farmhouse tables to celebrate the grand opening of Cloud Noir.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Mortise & Tenon New Year Sale 20% off all custom wood orders on the floor and special orders. For 21 years Mortise & Tenon have been building custom wood furniture, cabinets and metal in their own local factory. They build in all woods and styles but their specialty is reclaimed lumber salvaged from 1920's homes.
Mortise & Tenon | 446 South La Brea, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Interieurs Outdoor Furniture Floor Sample Sale Winter is upon us, as so we are offering our outdoor furniture presently on our terrace at a considerable price reduction.
Interieurs | 228 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022
• "Holiday Exchange" @ The Homefront Gallery Holiday Exchange is a group show featuring affordable art and design objects in the spirit of collecting and gift giving. In addition to drawings, photographs, paintings, sculptures, watercolors and video, we will have furoshiki, wood block prints, soap, jewelry, lamps, origami ornaments, magnets and zines for sale. All of these unique items are priced within the range of $2 -$300.
The Homefront Gallery | 26-23 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101
SHOW: 12/11 - 1/29
• Léron Winter Sale Choose from a wide selection of custom bed, bath and table linens at 25% - 30% off.
Léron | 979 Third Avenue, Suite 1521, New York, New York 10022
• ABC Carpet and Home Annual Winter Sale Get incredible savings on thousands of rugs at all store locations. Shop the exclusive one size one price rug sale for savings up to 80% off. In addition, save up to 75% on select contemporary rugs, kilim & dhurries, decorative, oriental rugs and more!
• "Keep on Giving" Event at Bobby Berk Home This third annual event offers consumers a discount on modern furniture when they donate to local food banks. Customers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into Bobby Berk Home will receive 15% off the MSRP on Bobby Berk Home & Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery as well as all Gus* Modern dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed Bobby Berk Home to local food banks.
Bobby Berk Home | 59 Crosby Street, New York, New York 10012
• M&M Design January Sale Designer, one-of-a-kind, and showroom sample rug sale. Including many First Edition pieces by designers such as Missoni, Gene Meyer, Niba, Adam Tihany and Dakota Jackson. Tibetan rugs are all GoodWeave certified.
M&M Design International | 226 Westbury Avenue, Carle Place, New York 11514
• Charles P. Rogers Moving Sale After years at the same location the lease has expired at Charles P. Rogers' New Jersey factory and warehouse and they are moving. In order to facilitate the move, this January they are conducting a sale of all beds in stock. The selection is extensive and includes beds of every size, style and type.
Charles P. Rogers | 300 Route 17 North, East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073
• New York International Gift Fair See all the fresh, new products that are coming to market and get a sneak peek at your favorite designer's newest wares.
Javits Center | 655 West 34th Street, New York, New York 10001
1/29 - 2/3
• D. Porthault's White Sale The luxury linen company will offer discounts from 40%-80% (and some higher than that!). They will also be having price point baskets with various categories (ie: $30 and under, $50, $100, etc.) so there will be some very aggressive markdowns. Any pattern that is being marked down for the first time is marked at either 40 or 50% off; various other items have higher discount up to 85%
D. Porthault | 470 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10022
• Patrick Jouin: From Kitchen to Table @ MAD The first solo exhibition at an American museum of the work of this prolific 42-year-old French designer.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
• Eat Drink Art Design @ MAD The artists and designers in this exhibition have created objects for the table — cups and plates, tea sets and silverware — that redefine the art of dining. Drawing from MAD's collection, the exhibition features 60 objects for eating and drinking.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
9/21 - 2/6
• Team 7 Sale at Karkula All items from the Team 7 solid wood furniture collection are 20% off – including dining tables, beds and storage units.
Karkula | 48-50 Walker Street, New York, New York 10013
• MoMa Art & Design Book Sale Take advantage of a rare opportunity to save at least 50% on more than 1,200 art and design book titles at the MoMA Design and Book Store. The sale includes selections from all categories, including painting, sculpture, photography, architecture, design, and fashion. Many of the titles are out of print and/or hard to find.
MoMa Design and Book Store | 11 West 53rd Street, New York, New York 10103
MoMA Design Store | 81 Spring Street, New York, New York 10012
• Metropolitan Window Fashions "Labor Sale" Metropolitan Window Fashions stores in Manhattan are offering a 20% discount on all custom-made draperies, bedding and furniture upholstery.
Metropolitan Window Fashions | 469 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10024
1/3 - 2/21
• Underground Gallery: London Transport Posters, 1920's-1940's
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street, New York, New York 10019
• Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen Counter Space explores the twentieth-century transformation of the kitchen and highlights MoMA's recent acquisition of an unusually complete example of the iconic "Frankfurt Kitchen," designed in 1926–27 by the architect Grete Schütte-Lihotzky.
MoMA | 11 West 53rd Street, New York, New York 10019
• Thinking Outside the Box: European Cabinets, Caskets, and Cases Featuring 100 works selected from the Museum's Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
Through Summer 2011
• Constructing Play at the Philadelphia Center for Architecture The Center for Architecture's classic building toy exhibition returns for its second year! Relive the fun of childhood with classic and long-forgotten construction toys, such as Lincoln Logs and Plastic Bricks, while exploring new additions and soon-to-be classic toys, such as Rokenbok and Uberstix. Fun for the whole family and free!
Philadelphia Center for Architecture | 1218 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
11/26 - 2/4
• De Le Espada Sample Sale For the first time ever, De La Espada floor samples are on sale at Mixture. Start your new year with an amazing addition to your home – a piece of De La Espada furniture or lighting at 25% off.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• Tinted Mint Winter Clearance Save over 50% on almost everything! And for a limited time, get a free gift with purchase.
Tinted Mint | 237 Kearny St #126, San Francisco, California 94108
• California Carpet Great Winter Savings Event Most name brand carpet and rugs are 40 - 60% off. Hundreds of rugs at 50% off in the Design Studio.
California Carpet | 1197 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
• Haven Floor Sample Sale Floor samples up to 50%off – including sofas, chairs, coffee tables, and more.
Haven | 1444 Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame, California 94010
• Taramundi Furniture January Sale 20-50% of rustic reclaimed wood furnishings, dining chairs, buffets, bookcases, benches, sofa tables, industrial pieces, mirrors, and more.
Taramundi Furniture | 1295 Boulevard Way, Walnut Creek, California 94595
• TrueModern Warehouse Sale TrueModern is offering a sample sale for Bay Area residents. Make an appointment to stop by the warehouse, meet designer Edgar Blazona and take home discounted sample pieces. There are several Luna sofas in various colors for as low as $999 ($500 off retail!), birch changing table dressers for $400 ($300 off) and discounted nightstands.
TrueModern | 3040 Chapman Street, Oakland, California 94601
• Valerianne's 3rd Annual White Sale Savings up to 65% off all luxury linens for the bed, bath and table top. Plus, any special orders will be 20% off.
Valerianne | 111 Church Street NW, Vienna, Virginia 22180
• Washington Color and Light @ Corcoran Showcasing significant works by artists associated with the Washington Color School of the 1950s-1970s and their contemporaries. Drawn exclusively from the Corcoran's collection, the works showcase the museum's extensive collection of Color School paintings and sculpture including galleries devoted to monumental paintings by Gene Davis and Thomas Downing.
Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art + Design | 500 Seventeenth Street NW, Washington DC 20006
• Orchids: A View From the East Orchids have been a part of Chinese culture for many centuries, permeating Chinese history, legends, literature and art. Since ancient times, orchids have been celebrated in China for their beauty and fragrance, and appreciated as symbols of nobility, friendship and refinement. The exhibition reflects
these themes and introduces visitors to long-standing traditions and contemporary trends in Chinese orchid culture.
Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History | 10th Street and Constitution Avenue, Washington, DC 20560
1/29 - 4/4
• Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world's fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum's upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
Send it to us. We publish every week: