With the summer solstice behind us, it's time to kick summer into overdrive! Whether it's working on home projects or getting out of your apartment for outdoor sales and home tours, we've got you covered this weekend. Check all the sales and events in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Designer Fluff Summer Sale 30% off purchases of $300 or more.
• AllModern Outdoor Dining Sale Up to 20% off outdoor dining products from Takeya, Guzzini and more.
• Lightology Sale Save 20-50% off the Lightology Collection and 15% off ZIQI Home to celebrate the brand-new, redesigned Lightology.com.
• Lumens Fan Sale Free gift with fan purchase from top brands including Fanimation, Minka Aire, Matthews and Emerson. Plus, save up to 55% on select fan styles.
• One Sydney Road Paris Pop Up Shop One Sydney Road just launched the Paris online Pop-Up Shop, a new, city based online feature that will change every two monhs. Items are hand-picked from OSR's favorite artists and shops from around the world. This shop is all about Paris and includes items inspired by Paris, photographs and stories about Paris.
• Vermont Woods Studios/Summer Bedroom Sale Save 10% off a single piece, 15% off two pieces, or 20% off three or more pieces. Plus free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
• My Urban Child Sale All Babyletto furniture and all Nurseyworks cribs are on Sale 10%-15% off.
• Modani Furniture Fourth of July Sale Modani helps summer sizzle with Fourth of July sale on select items in all five locations. Add some more sizzle to your celebration with up to 40 percent off on some of Modani Furniture's hottest summer accessories and lighting.
Online and in stores
• Greentea Design's Condo Furniture Sale Save up to 20% on beautiful pieces for small spaces.
• Play Date: A Kids Event Join Unison for Play Date, an interactive event for kids and parents to explore local design! Create a customized pillow with the help of art group, A Muse! Play with eco-friendly doll houses by local company, Grow Studio! Try tasty treats from local bakery, Sweet Cakes! Plus enjoy 30% off all Unison baby and kids bedding, pillows and decor!
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612
6/23: 10am - 4pm
• Zip-Dang Present Thread & Ink Indie fashion and art unite. Shop this one day sale featuring vintage and indie designer clothing, accessories and home goods. Local artists, jewelers and print makers round out a carefully selected, unique group of independents.
High Noon Saloon | 701 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703
6/23: 11am - 5pm
• Randolph Street Market The Randolph Street Market Festival is home to the world-renowned Chicago Antique Market, Indie Designer Market, Modern Vintage Chicago and the Holiday Market. This European-style, indoor-outdoor urban antique market in the historic West Loop neighborhood features 200 select purveyors of high quality, amazingly priced "finds", offering unlimited creative inspiration and hours of fun. Shoppers can find furnishings, vintage clothing, jewelry, collectibles, etc.
Randolph Street Market | 1340 West Washington, Chicago, Illinois 60607
6/23: 10am - 6pm
6/24: 10am - 5pm
• Ligne Roset Sample Sale Ligne Roset is offering a discount of up to 60% below retail price on floor samples, overstock and discontinued items at the brand's Chicago location.
Ligne Roset | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Idea Tree Exhibit A single, storm-felled tree lives on in the center of downtown Chicago, reborn into 40+ new design ideas. Idea Tree sprouts in a 5,000-square-foot gallery within the landmark Inland Steel Building. The exhibit is the culmination of a design project spearheaded by Chicago's Sawbridge Studios in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), and Horigan Urban Forest Products. The Idea Tree exhibit features dozens of furniture and home accessories from over 80 individual, one-of-a-kind craftsmen, and furniture makers from around the country pieces, all made from a single storm-felled tree.
Inland Steel Building | 77 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602
• Objects in Space An exhibit of furniture designers in Chicago, where a living room and dining room are staged with all furniture, accessories and artwork produced in Chicago.
Eve Fineman Furniture & Accessories | 1530 W. Superior, Chicago, Illinois 60642
Opening: 6/22: 7pm - 10pm
Exhibit: Through 8/3
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
7/15: 9am - 4pm
8/19: 9am - 4pm
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Madeline Weinrib Sample Sale Madeline Weinrib will host her first ever sample sale event this week. Best known for her artisanally-crafted carpets, iconic Ikats and East meets West aesthetic, Madeline will bring her coveted collections to LA at 40-70% off retail prices. The wide selection of carpet and pillow designs will be available in Madeline's signature colorful and graphic patterns including the Daphne, Brooke and Mandala. This unique pop-up sample sale will also include the designer's fabric, one-of-a-kind furniture and assorted home accessories.
Madeline Weinrib | 8473 Melrose Place, Los Angeles, California 90069
• 2012 Dwell on Design Join Dwell Magazine in the West Coast's Largest Design Show. The theme this year is Modern Beyond Expectations, and we definitely anticipate that the show will exceed all expectations. Highlights include home tours, green car test drives, over 70 presentations by and conversations with leading design experts and tastemakers, Dwell Design Week, and much more. REGISTRATION
Dwell on Design | 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California 90015
• Blik 10 Year Birthday Bash Join Blik to celebrate 10 amazing years with free Kogi tacos, Beckers cupcakes + beer & wine, music by DJ Syrena and some sweet Blik party favors. RSVP by 6/24.
Blik | 4105 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90066
6/28: 6pm - 9pm
• Italian Summer Sale by WalkOn Tile Check out this Italian Summer Sale hosted by WalkOn Tile.
Walk On Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
• Layered Works Opening Reception New art exhibition Layered Works is opening at Artspace Warehouse. The artists' works on display in this nicely balanced, cohesive exhibition embrace the layering of images and materials in artworks. The exhibition focuses on the complexity and synthesis of layered works by artists Hilary Bond, Kati Elm, Paul Kirley and Raul de la Torre.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• How to Make It: Building Your Personal Brand You have perfected your design and now you're ready to send it out into the world, but how will you brand yourself and your designs? Join UncommonGoods for their second design forum and happy hour. Get advice on branding your business from the panelists: Tara Gentile (Scoutie Girl), Laura Ann Young (Areaware) and Terrence Kelleman (Dynomighty). The panelists will share their experience of building and maintaining brands of their own and their clients. TICKETS
Rabbit Hole Studio | 33 Washington Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
6/26: 6:30pm - 9pm
• MoMA Design Store Summer Sale The MoMA Design Store is having a summer sale on select items throughout their New York stores and online. Save up to 50% on selected tabletop, desk and personal accessories, home furnishings, books and stationary.
Moma Design Store | 81 Spring Street, New York, New York 10012
• 20th Century American Art Glass A special selling exhibition featuring the historically important and sumptuously colored mid-century blown glass decorative objects produced by the Blenko Glass Company. Encompassing the work of designers Winslow Anderson (1947-53), Wayne Husted (1953-63), Joel Philip Myers (1964-71) and John Nickerson (1971-74).
Cassina SoHo | 151 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
• Going Green II at Crossing Art Gallery Going Green II is an annual exhibition that supports not only an eco-friendly environment but raises issues about the current trends and future fate of urban landscapes.
Crossing Art Queens | 136-17 39th Avenue, Flushing, New York 11354
Opening Reception: 6/16: 3pm - 6pm
Exhibition: Through 8/14
• ABC Carpet & Home Summer Sale Everything will be on sale at all store locations, including furniture, rugs, lighting, linens, accessories and more, reduced up to 60% off their original prices. In addition, select items from the Conran Shop, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Timothy Oulton, Barbara Barry, Frette, Pratesi, Theodore Alexander, and Gary Graham have been marked down exclusively for this special event.
All ABC Carpet & Home Locations
• Chronicle Books Spring Warehouse Sale Save up to 65% on select titles only at the Chronicle Books Corporate Headquarters.
Chronicle Books | 680 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94107
6/22: 9am - 7pm
• Master Gardeners Present: 2012 Educational Garden Tour The tour will feature six beautiful examples of sustainable, water-wise gardens in Atherton, Menlo Park, Redwood City and San Carlos.Master Gardeners will be available throughout the gardens to answer your questions and demonstrate sustainable gardening practices.
Master Gardener Demonstration Garden | 1968 Old County Road, Redwood City, California 94063
6/23: 10am - 4pm
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
Images: Clockwise from top left: Graham Brown 3-Day Sale, Lumens Nelson Bubble Lamp Sale, Designer Fluff Summer Sale, Las Venus New York Summer Sale