NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Smart Furniture's Herman Miller Sale Save 15% on all Herman Miller products. You'll also enjoy free shipping, no sales tax, and hundreds of items in stock and ready to ship.
• Vermont Woods Studios Fine Dining Room Furniture Sale Save up to 20% on Vermont made dining room furniture. Includes a lifetime guarantee and free shipping.
• Gretel Home Almost Summer Sale Up to 70% off a selection of vases, glasses, pillows and more!
• Wexel Art's Go Big Sale Large Frames are discounted 20% off. Wexel Art Frames dad's favorite posters, team jerseys and kids art - in a way he can change up easily and often. In case mom doesn't care to see that Sports Illustrated Model on Display all year long.
• Greentea Design's Steps and Storage Sale Save up to 30% on all Step Chests and bookshelves.
• AllModern Babyletto Sale 10% Off all Babyletto products plus get a free mattress with every standard crib.
Lightology Sale Save 20-50% off the Lightology Collection and 15% off ZIQI Home to celebrate the brand-new, redesigned Lightology.com.
• Lumens Fan Sale Free gift with fan purchase from top brands including Fanimation, Minka Aire, Matthews and Emerson. Plus, save up to 55% on select fan styles.
• One Sydney Road Paris Pop Up Shop One Sydney Road just launched the Paris online Pop-Up Shop, a new, city based online feature that will change every two monhs. Items are hand-picked from OSR's favorite artists and shops from around the world. This shop is all about Paris and includes items inspired by Paris, photographs and stories about Paris.
• My Urban Child Sale All Babyletto furniture and all Nurseyworks cribs are on Sale 10%-15% off.
• Home & Garden Tour of Southwestern Michigan's Harbor Country Join Heartland Alliance for a tour of splendid, professionally designed private homes and gardens in southwest Michigan's Harbor Country. Spend a leisurely day in the country exploring exquisite homes and the spectacular work of the Midwest's acclaimed interior designers, architects, and horticultural enthusiasts. This spring tradition benefits the work of Heartland Alliance and its supportive and affordable housing programs that move individuals from harm to hope and into homes. TICKETS
Lovell & Whyte | 14950 Lakeside Road, Lakeside, Michigan 49116
6/9: 10am - 6pm
• Unison Summer Warehouse Sale Sale bedding and blankets, B quality pillows and unique samples up to 80% off! Select baby and kids bedding 30% off. Select home accessories 50% off. Photo shoot props and fixtures for sale. Plus: Pleasant House Bakery Food Truck will be making an appearance.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612
6/8 - 6/10
• Urban Craft Lab at The Sweden Shop Using vintage illustrations, postage stamps, decorative paper, ribbons, paper punches, and more you'll create one-of-a-kind greeting cards. We'll use sewing machines, hand-sewing, and glue, but no experience is necessary (have you ever used glue?). Participants will take home a set of 8 beautiful cards to acknowledge holidays and special events. Feel free to BYOB.
The Sweden Shop | 3304 West Foster Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625
6/10: 1pm - 4pm
• The Vintage Bazaar A one-day pop-up classic open air flea and modern vintage market, featuring 150 vendors of vintage home decor, housewares, clothing, jewelry, and accessories. Plus cocktails and local food.
Aragon Ballroom | 1106 West Lawrence Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60640
6/10: 12pm - 5pm
• Idea Tree Exhibit A single, storm-felled tree lives on in the center of downtown Chicago, reborn into 40+ new design ideas. Idea Tree sprouts in a 5,000-square-foot gallery within the landmark Inland Steel Building. The exhibit is the culmination of a design project spearheaded by Chicago's Sawbridge Studios in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), and Horigan Urban Forest Products. The Idea Tree exhibit features dozens of furniture and home accessories from over 80 individual, one-of-a-kind craftsmen, and furniture makers from around the country pieces, all made from a single storm-felled tree.
Inland Steel Building | 77 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602
• Ligne Roset Houston Store Opening Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is proud to open a new 5,242 square-foot showroom in Houston. This exclusive Ligne Roset showroom will be open to both retail and trade customers and will offer free design services. To welcome its new customers, the store is offering 15% off new orders.
Ligne Roset | 2800 Kirby Drive, Suite #A210, Houston, Texas 77098
6/15 - 7/15
• MASH Studios Sample Sale Stop into MASH Studios this weekend for a very special sample sale. Selection is limited, items move quickly and are first come first serve. Event is cash and carry.
MASH Studios | 12705 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90066
6/9 - 6/10
• Patchwork Indie Arts & Crafts Show This bi-annual event showcases local emerging artists and designers. Look and shop – clothing for men, women & kids, handbags, accessories, art, ceramics, home goods, garden finds, plushies, jewelry, paper goods, edible treats, pet gear, crochet & knit goods, kits & patterns, bath & body goodies & more. the patchwork team carefully selects unique creations.
Helms Bakery Complex | 8711 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232
6/10: 11am - 5pm
• Jeff ZImmerman at Duke & Duke Duke & Duke is pleased to announce the exhibition of master glass artist and lighting designer Jeff Zimmerman. The exhibition explores a variety of Zimmerman's glass sculpture along with new light works, all which convey organic details and natural forms.
Duke & Duke | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• Michael Boyd "PLANEFurniture - types + prototypes" Edward Cella Art + Architecture presents its first exhibition of contemporary furniture that advances the gallery's unique focus on 20th and 21st century architects and designers. The exhibition also represents the debut of PLANEfurniture, an innovative suite of modern furniture created by noted designer and collector Michael Boyd. Inspired by the pioneers of modern design, from Gerrit Rietveld and Rudolph Schindler to Jean Prouvé and Donald Judd, the PLANEfurniture collection attains perfect proportions and a simple, functional beauty.
Edward Cella Art+Architecture | 6018 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Layered Works Opening Reception New art exhibition Layered Works is opening at Artspace Warehouse. The artists' works on display in this nicely balanced, cohesive exhibition embrace the layering of images and materials in artworks. The exhibition focuses on the complexity and synthesis of layered works by artists Hilary Bond, Kati Elm, Paul Kirley and Raul de la Torre.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Blu Dot Warehouse Sale Save up to 70% on Blu Dot products for the entire home.
Blu Dot Warehouse | 13098 George Weber Drive, Rogers, Minnesota 55374
6/9: 9am - 1pm
• The Designer Showhouse of New Jersey Now in its sixth year, the Designer Showhouse of New Jersey is a showcase for America's premier design talent. Approximately 25 top interior and landscape designers from New York and New Jersey will transform a luxurious New Jersey home into a decorating masterpiece. Additional attractions include the Showhouse Boutique and Personal Touch Caterers Café.
Designer Showhouse of New Jersey | 27 Denison Drive, Saddle River, New Jersey 07458
• Oculus Book Talk: Groundwork: Between Landscape and Architecture Diana Balmori and Joel Sanders bring together a collection of twenty-five groundbreaking works by an international roster of architects and landscape architects that dissolve the boundaries between landscape and architecture.
Center for Architecture | 536 LaGuardia Place, New York, New York 10012
6/11: 6pm - 8pm
• Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition More than 200 artists will be exhibiting 1000 works in every medium, from the traditional to the cutting edge. Special events are planned for every day of the show - including the Sunday acoustic performance series, UnPlugged in Red Hook; as well as free professional development classes in Photoshop and figurative drawing. There will also be a "Show within the Show" featuring the private collection of BWAC artists' work accumulated over the course of twenty years by a single individual, a true patron of the artsCelebrate this spring with the artists of the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, who are marking twenty consecutive years of exhibitions in their magnificent venue, a 25,000 square foot Civil War era building, poised on the tip of Red Hook and overlooking New York Harbor.
BWAC | 499 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
Weekends through 6/16: 1pm - 6pm
• Circa Dee Grand Opening Check out the grand opening of Circa Dee: Brick and Mortar! Hosting monthly vintage sales where you will find a curated selection of locally sourced goods for you and your home.
Circa Dee: Brick and Mortar | 1814 Valley Forge Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19403
6/8 - 6/10
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
Images: Clockwise from top left: Smart Furniture Herman Miller Sale, Ligne Roset Houston Store Opening, AllModern Babyletto Sale, Unison Summer Warehouse Sale