With St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, you may find yourself swimming in a mug of green beer this weekend. Before you dive in, take a look at our weekly roundup of design-centric sales and events. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event for future editions of the Guide.
Shown above: "Photographs" at March, Unison St. Pat's Sale, Spring CraftMorristown, Modern Furniture Collection "Luck of the Irish" Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Modern Furniture Collection "Luck of the Irish" Sale Modern Furniture Collection is celebrating St. Patrick's day in style! Take $777 off every item storewide.
- Unison St. Pat's Sale Take an additional 30% off all sale items. This means sales up to 80% off.
- Baker Furniture Spring Sale Save on all Baker products, excluding Fall 2012 introductions.
All Baker Locations
- Coalesse Emu Sale Warm weather is around the corner so it's the perfect time to order from the Emu Outdoor Collection, currently discounted 15%.
- Design Public Pablo Sale 15% off Pablo Design.
- Vermont Woods Studios Shaker Style Sale Buy more to save more with the Spring Shaker Sale on high quality, American made Shaker style furniture. Save up to 20% plus free shipping!
- Lumens The Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, Fritz Hansen, Kartell + more.
- Artemide Spring Sale Artemide is hosting a national spring sale this March. All Design fixtures are 15% off, including classics such as the Tizio, Nesso, Tolomeo and more!
- FLOR Free Shipping Offer Now is a great time to visit your local FLOR store. Their Possibility Studio offers all the tools and expert adviceyou need to create a one-of-a-kind composition of carpet design squares. And, for a limited time, enjoy free shipping to your home.Online and in stores
- YOLO Colorhouse Paint Samples at HomeDepot.com YOLO Colorhouse paint samples - The Big Chips - are 25% off. The Big Chips are 12" x 16" of pure color; more color, less mess! YOLO Colorhouse paints are low odor and zero VOC.
- BoConcept NY Spring Cleaning Sale It's time for Spring cleaning! Out with the old and in with these new deals from BoConcept. The new Lagoni sofa starts at an introduction price of $1,995 and is in stock and ready to deliver within 2-3 weeks. Also check out lamps at 20% off. To make room for a new collection, all floor models in stores are up to 50% off. And accessories are as much as 70% off.
- Nest Bedding Easy Breather Sale Nest Bedding is celebrating a new product launch by offering a discount. Their USA made Easy Breather Support Pillows are an innovative new design with shredded memory foam that supports, cushions and sleeps cool, making it breathable and the proper support provides open air passages.
- Jayson Home/ Spring Upholstery Sale The Spring Upholstery Sale features 20% off all upholstered furniture, including the entire new spring collection. The 20% off sale price is good on all custom orders as well as in stock pieces.
- Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save 20% on free standing kitchens cabinets and bathroom furniture; and 10% off on custom pieces.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- Urban Source Spring Cleaning Sample Sale Urban Source is clearing out their showroom and storage space to make room for so many new and fabulous things. What to expect: remnant designer fabrics - great for small projects, lots and lots of wallpaper samples, 1 to 5 yard pieces of perfectly fabulous upholstery and drapery fabrics at less than half price, opened rolls of wallpaper, showroom window treatment displays.
Urban Source | 1429 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
3/15: 11am - 6pm
- Ligne Roset Sample Sale Up to 50% off select floor samples, overstock and discontinued items.
Ligne Roset | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654
- Big Style in Smart Spaces by Jay Michael Spark some inspiration for your spring redecorating with Lifestyle Architect, Jay Michael. Bloomingdale's Medinah Temple has partnered with Jay Michael Living to create unique and livable home vignettes. Stop in the design showroom to shop the different styles and receive insider tips to recreate in your home.
Bloomingdale's Home & Furniture Store | 600 North Wabash, Chicago, Illinois 60611
3/16: 2pm - 5pm
- WPA Chicago/Poltrona Frau Group Sale WPA Chicago is having a sale on all Poltrona Frau Group products. Enjoy 20% off all Poltrona Frau, Cassina (except LC) and Cappellini furniture orders. This sale includes quick ship items. There will also be a 15% discount on all Le Corbusier furniture products, including the LC outdoor collection.
WPA Chicago | 314 W. Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media - and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
- George Hurrell: From Laguna to Hollywood Check out this exhibition of photographs from the permanent collection by noted Hollywood glamour photographer George Hurrell (1904-1992). By 1930 Hurrell was the head of the MGM portrait gallery and he was soon dubbed the "Grand Seigneur of the Hollywood Portrait." This exhibition presents a selection of about forty works.
Laguna Art Museum | 307 Cliff Drive, Laguna Beach, California 92651
- Spring CraftMorristown Spring CraftMorristown returns to the Armory on Western Avenue for its 23rd year, displaying contemporary work from 130 artists and crafts people from across the country. Collectors, art enthusiasts and discerning shoppers will enjoy the rare opportunity to meet these visionary artists and purchase their latest work. The show includes one-of-a-kind and limited edition jewelry, fashion and accessories, furniture, and home décor pieces, as well as functional and sculptural work in ceramics, glass, metal, painting, photography, wood and mixed media. Visitors can also enjoy specialty foods from across the country.
Armory | 430 Western Avenue, Morristown, New Jersey 07960
3/15 - 3/17
- I Like Mike's Mid Century Modern Open House This weekend only all table lamps are65% off, all clocks are 30% off, all floor lamps are 25% off and all mid-century citycscapes are 20% off.
I Like Mike's Mid Century Modern | 161 Decatur Street, Brooklyn, New York 11233
3/16: 11am - 6:30pm
- Gowanus NITE Market In still keeping the market boutique and eclectic, the Gowanus Nite Market is back at it again. Amazing vendors, beer, band, shuffleboard, props and things sponsored by Film Biz Recycling and more.
Gowanus Loft | 61 9th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
3/16: 7pm - 2am
- Michael Aram Sample Sale For the first time in many years, Michael Aram will host a Sample Sale at its North Bergen, NJ warehouse. Michael invites customers to shop classic pieces and favorite objects starting at 50% off. This is the perfect time to stock up for summer weddings or to save on your favorite tabletop items and decorative accessories. New merchandise will be added daily.
Michael Aram | 2102 83rd Street, North Bergen, New Jersey 07047
3/15 - 3/17
- Ligne Roset Sample Sale Up to 50% off select floor samples, overstock and discontinued items.
Ligne Roset | 155 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
- ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Sale Furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories have been reduced up to 60% off, including savings on select items from Mobital, John Reeves and Cobble Hill.
ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
- Kartell Floor Sample Sale Save 50-60% off retail on select floor samples at Kartell's flagship store.
Kartell | 39 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
- Film Biz Recycling Sticker Sale Film Biz Recycling recently launched a50% off sticker sale on select items every Saturday & Sunday!
Film Biz Recycling | 540 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215
Saturdays and Sundays: 12pm - 7pm
- East x East From the far-east to the east coast, ABC Carpet & Home is pleased to bring you "East x East," a premiere exhibition of over 300 Chinese antique rugs dating from the mid 19th century to the early 1930's. This collection is composed of some of the most unique rugs in the market today. Highly sought after by collectors and consumers alike, Chinese Art Deco rugs of this sort are widely appreciated for their individuality, just as any truly great work of art. For the first time, this assortment of unusual and rare Ninxghia, Peking's, Mongolians Khotans and Art Deco Chinese rugs, will be available for purchase at ABC Carpet & Home. ABC Carpet & Home Antique Rug Gallery | 888 Broadway, 6 Floor, New York, New York 10003
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics--especially the rise of single adults--are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Curated Goods Moving to Los Angeles Sale Everything online and in the store is up to 30% off. All clothing, furniture, art, home decor, jewelry and more.
Curated Goods | 421 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
Exhibit: Through 4/27
- Arkitektura In Situ Sample Sale In their largest sample sale ever, you'll find over 750 items of classic modern and contemporary design from design brands from B&B Italia, Cassina, Cappellini, Poltrona Frau, Poliform, Minotti, and many, many more. Many items 50% or more off regular price. Also, take up to 20% OFF new orders from quick ship to custom.
Arkitektura In Situ | 540 Ninth Street, San Francisco, California 94103
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Studio Open House Celebrating Emerald Billet Collins is opening their studio doors today. Inspired by Pantone's color of the year, they'll have all of their green patterns and finishes, faux malachite and marbles. Take home a gift bag of samples and goodies!
Billet Collins | 14130 Esworthy Road, Darnestown, Maryland 20874
3/15: 9am - 4pm
- Portraits in Design: Daniel H. Burnham Architect Daniel H. Burnham (1846-1912) is arguably the father of city planning in the U.S. The mastermind behind the design of the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, he figured prominently in the bestselling historical novel, The Devil in the White City. Judith McBrien, director of the film Make No Little Plans, examines Burnham's work, focusing on his large-scale plans for Chicago and Washington, D.C.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
3/17: 1pm - 3pm
- Belfort Furniture Warehouse Sale An enormous selection of name brands you know including Bernhardt, Broyhill, Kincaid, Rowe, Stanley, and more. Discounted furniture including sofas and living room, dining room, bedroom, mattresses, and rugs! New Clearance Center introductions including closeouts from Stanley's Young America and Designer Upholstery Market Samples from Rowe Furniture.
Belfort Furniture | 22250 Shaw Road, Dulles, Virginia 20166
3/16 - 3/17
- Nordic Cool 2013: Nordic Design Illustrated This exhibition, presenting a range of design, craft, and industrial products from throughout the Nordic region, aims to highlight aspects of Nordic contemporary design in all its forms, and its ubiquitous nature in daily life.
The Kennedy Center | 2700 F Street, NW Washington, DC 20566
- Opening Reception: Abstract Concrete Heiner Contemporary is pleased to announce Concrete Abstract, a group exhibition curated by Matthew Smith that explores the confluence of abstraction with the everyday, featuring work by Seth Adelsberger, Lisa Dillin, Jeremy Flick, Steven Frost, Sue Johnson, Becca Kallem, Patrick McDonough, Danielle Mysliwiec, and Matthew Smith.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
Exhibit: Through 4/20
- The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank The Embassy of Sweden in DC is hosting an exhibit called "The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank," a textile and furniture showcase from iconic architect and designer Josef Frank. Designer and architect Josef Frank was a pioneer in modern Swedish design for his boldly patterned textiles and his striking and whimsical furniture. He donated his legacy of designs to interior decorating and design firm Svenskt Tenn, which he had collaborated with for decades. This exhibition allows guests to see some of his textile and furniture designs up close.
The Embassy of Sweden | 2900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007