Between St. Patrick's Day and March Madness your weekend may already be packed full of activities. Be sure to set aside some time to check out the sales and events in our Weekend Guide. This week's Guide is chock-full of sales from national and local retailers, from stores like DWR, Ligne Roset and Thomasville. We also have a number of online sales this week, all the better to shop while sipping green beer. Check it out, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Ligne Roset Outdoor Collection Sale Ligne Roset is offering a 15% discount on their entire outdoor furniture and accessory collection, including pieces recently introduced at the Maison et Objet furniture fair in January. Order now for spring delivery.
All Ligne Roset showrooms and dealers
• Design Within Reach Semiannual Sale Save hundreds on thousands of items, including collections rarely on sale from Cassina, Fritz Hansen and Kartell. Save 15% + take advantage of the free white glove offer.
Online and in stores
• Lumens Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, FontanaArte, Vibia and more.
• Green Depot Baby Sale Made from 100% organic cotton, Green Depot brand Baby Products are unbleached and undyed. Bibs, onesies, blankets, wash cloths, and more - all healthy for the infants in your life, and the planet they'll grow up on - are all up to 70% off.
• Alessi Time Is Money Sales Promotion Aless is offering a special Daylight Savings promotion of 20% off all watches, clocks and timers with a special 40% off the blue Luna wristwatch.
Online and in stores
• Bright Lights, Big Love Underline Gallery is thrilled to present the glittering, visceral Bright Lights, Big Love. Gathering artists from around the globe, Bright Lights, Big Love spotlights a variety of mediums. From light installations and sculpture to painting and photography, these ephemeral, subjective media demonstrate, question, and complicate the fragility and uncertainty of intimacy. The underpinning narrative of the collection speaks to the creation and destruction of relationships. The curators at Underline have managed to cull alluring, new works that address a particularly relevant theme in the coldest months: The seasonal nature of love.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• Pompanoosuc Mills Spring Sale 20% Off standard Pompanoosuc Mills furniture orders plus free, local delivery on qualifying orders.
• Jayson Home Upholstery Sale Take 20% off all upholstered furniture including custom orders.
• Andersen Exterior Trim Design Contest To showcase the new Andersen Exterior Trim System, the company is launching a contest for architects and designers to render and submit an original building design using Andersen exterior trim as a building component. Up to five (5) designs will be selected. Contest winners will receive a trip to Minnesota for an architectural tour of the Twin Cities and a facilities tour of Andersen Corporation. CONTEST DETAILS
• Lekker Home Spring Break Sale Place any new upholstery order from either the Marie's Corner or John Derian Collections and receive 20% off. Receive 30% off all upholstered and case goods floor models.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• WPA Chicago Spring Sale WPA is having a storewide spring sale with discounts of 15-20% off on luxury Italian furniture by Cassina, Cappellini and Poltrana Frau.
WPA Chicago | 314 West Superior Street, Suite 110, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Sawbridge Studios' Annual Floor Sample Sale It's time once again for Sawbridge Studios' highly-anticipated Annual Floor Sample Sale. Save 30%...50%...and up to 65% on superior quality, made-in-American, handcrafted furniture accessories by some of the top artisans and craftsmen in the country. In addition to hand-crafted furniture, the sales also includes fabulous savings on table top accessories, place settings, wall art, lighting and more.
Sawbridge Studios | 1015 Tower Court, Winnetka, Illinois
• Unison Studio + Store Opening The Unision studio + store will be open to the public every Friday. Walk into 1100 square feet of retail space featuring Unison's entire collection plus unique accessories by other designers.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Fridays: 12pm - 6pm
• Early California Antiques Gala Grand Opening Early California Antiques has expanded to a new 4500 sq ft remodeled theatre in the heart of the bike district of East Hollywood. Built in 1927 and boarded over for the last 20 years, Eric Berg stocks his store with pre-1942 California antiques, rare and classic period Monterey, Spanish Revival, California and Mexican Colonial antiquestiques | 4361 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90029
3/16: 7pm - 12am
• An Evening with John Robshaw at Colcha Join John Robshaw for an intimate evening to preview his new Spring collection and showcase a selection of one-of-a-kind vintage pillows. The store will also be offering 15% off his pillow and bedding collections.
Colcha | 1416 Abbot Kinney, Venice, California 90291
3/20: 6pm - 8pm
• Craftcation: Indie Business & DIY Conference Craftcation is a three day indie business and DIY conference with top industry professionals leading attendees in workshops, panel discussions and Q & A sessions in business, art, craft and food. REGISTRATION
The Crowne Plaza Hotel | 430 East Harbor Boulevard, Ventura, California 93001
3/23 - 3/25
• Silhouettes Exhibition Opening New art exhibition Silhouettes opens during Miracle Mile's Artwalk. New figurative series debut from artists Daniel Maltzman, Edith Konrad, Mark Acetelli, Ekaterina Moré and Judy Zimbert among others. Barely contained forms, ethereal hues and poetic shapes fuel the imagination in the new show.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Exhibition: Through 4/19
• Haute House Grand Opening Check out the grand opening of this furniture design and manufacturing company.
Haute House | 3501 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, California 90065
• ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse Outlet Sale The annual sale from ABC Carpet's Warehouse Outlet features up to 75% off original prices on furniture, rugs, lighting, linens and accessories. The sale will include some incredible product from Calvin Klein, Herman Miller, John Reeves, TheodoreAlexander and The Conran Shop.
ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
• Astoria Market Opening Day Astoria Market and Design For You invite you to join us for our Spring Kickoff Shopping Event. This will be a great day for some spring shopping and enjoying the wonderful food and drink at the beer garden. Stroll through 30+ vendors selling unique wares such as art, macramé jewelry, all natural soaps, and crocheted bags. Plus, sample delectable artisanal foods like Belgium chocolates, baked empanadas, truffles, dark chocolate toasted almonds, big apple caramel cookies, and more.
Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden | 2914 24th Avenue, Astoria, New York 11102
3/18: 12pm - 6pm
• Design+Interiors: Rafael de Cárdenas Join AIGA/NY at the Museum of Art + Design for an evening with Rafael de Cárdenas. With an exuberant approach to color, light, and pattern, Rafael de Cárdenas redefines conventional boundaries between interior design, architecture, fashion, furniture, and art. Hear about his cross-disciplinary journey, the fundamentals of his design approach, and the creative process and vision he brought to Nike's Bowery Stadium, OHWOW galleries, Unknown Union, Barneys New York, other artful interiors for boutiques, restaurants, and private residences around the world. Ticket includes access to Museum of Arts and Design galleries after the talk. TICKETS
Museum of Arts and Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
3/22: 6:30pm - 8pm
• Classic Rug Collection Moving Sale Classic Rug Collection is moving so most in-stock rugs are 25-75% off. Plus, there's special pricing on all pillows and ottomans and 20% off all new custom rug orders.
Classic Rug Collection | 205 East 60th Street, New York, New York 10022
• BWAC's Wide Open 3 The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists' Coalition presents this national juried art show in Red Hook, Brooklyn by juror Charlotta Kotik, Curator Emerita of Contemporary Art Brooklyn Museum.
BWAC | 499 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
3/18 - 4/1
• Baxter & Liebchen Moving Sale Baxter & Liebchen is having a huge moving sale. Hundreds of pieces of vintage Danish modern furniture, lighting and home accessories will be 30%-80% off.
Baxter & Liebchen | 33 Jay Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
• Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York In the early 1800s, furniture from the workshop of New York City cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe was in such demand that he was referred to as the "United States Rage." Organized chronologically, this exhibition presents the cabinetmaker's life and work through drawings, documents, personal possession, and furniture. Portraits of his clients and contemporary depictions of New York City street scenes and domestic interiors provide a glimpse into Phyfe's milieu.
Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
• Sky and Sea at Lux Archive Lux Archive is pleased to announce Sky and Sea, an exhibition of twelve fine-art photographs by artists Alessandro Puccinelli, Paul Nelson and Nenad Saljic. The exhibition features three series of images, each a portrayal of one element from the natural world. All twelve images are new additions to Lux Archive and are available for purchase as limited-edition prints. The first 25 guests will receive a $25 coupon for use on the Lux Archive website.
Lux Archive | 211 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Opening Reception: 2/9: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 5/9
• Ligne Roset Philadelphia Moving Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount on all floor items and overstocked warehouse items at the Philadelphia showroom. Discounted items include the Confluences Sofa, originally $6825, now $3999; the Cemia Sideboard, originally $5625, now $3375; and the Soft & Doux Rug in black, originally $2040, now $999. as well as many more. Following the sale, Ligne Roset Philadelphia will be moving to its new location in the Center City District.
Ligne Roset | 4131 Main Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127
• Art Month at Mixture In Mixture's continuing support of local artists, they are having a huge, first-time ever promotion. Take 25% off all original artwork, including paintings, photography, sculpture, lighting.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, California 92101
• Inside Modern Sale 15% off all Modernica merchandise, including Case Study fiberglass chairs (now back in production in 9 colors), upholstered furniture, George Nelson Bubble Lamps, and Case Study Storage Units.
Inside Modern | 149 Gough Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
• FLOR Grand Opening Celebration Join FLOR for a Grand Opening Event celebrating their newest retail store. Experience the beauty and flexibility of this premium modular floorcovering system. Designed for real life, FLOR squares let you replace squares, not rooms, and are an environmentally-responsible choice for modern lifestyles.
FLOR | 2226 Bush Street, San Francisco, California 94115
3/22: 6pm - 8pm
• Stuff Grand Re-Opening Stuff, the vintage & modern collective, is doubling in size to 17,000 square feet. Stuff has vintage furniture, art & accessories from 90 dealers all under one roof. Celebrate the grand re-opneing with a Studio 54 themed party - DJ, food & drinks (+Stuff-tini's!)
Stuff | 150 Valencia Street, San Francisco, California 94103
3/23: 5pm - 10pm
• Skill Exchange Workshop Series at Pot + Pantry Mi Piace Kate Design is collaborating with kitchen boutique Pot + Pantry to host a series of free skill-exchange workshops, presented by local makers, chefs, gardeners, bakers, foodies and farmers. From beer brewing, raw recipes, fermentation, preserving and urban gardening, join us and learn more through our demonstrations, tastings and good conversation at Pot + Pantry. Expect Bay Area artisans and entrepreneurs from INNA Jam, Sightglass Coffee, Namu, Almanac Beer, Red Circle Tea, Revival Bar + Kitchen, Town Cutler, plus many more.
RESERVATIONS & LIST OF UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
Pot + Pantry | 593 Guerrero Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Thursdays 6pm - 8pm
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images Clockwise: Lekker Home, DWR, Haute House, McGuire Furniture)