The dawn of a new month brings us a host of new sales and events, both local and national. Among the sales we're seeing this week — McGuire Furniture: The Outdoor Collections Sale, Unison Studio + Store Opening, Lumens Design Event and Jayson Home Upholstery Sale, all pictured above. And that's just the tip of the sales and events iceberg! Check out The Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your sale or event
.NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Vermont Woods Studios Fine Dining Furniture Sale Savings up to 15% on Vermont Woods' dining furniture plus free shipping.
• Wallissimo Silhouette Sale Save 20% on selected silhouettes.
• Lumens Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, FontanaArte, Vibia and more.
• Baker Interiors Designer Sale Save an additional 10% on Baker's designer collections.
Online and in showrooms
• Bright Lights, Big Love Underline Gallery is thrilled to present the glittering, visceral Bright Lights, Big Love. Gathering artists from around the globe, Bright Lights, Big Love spotlights a variety of mediums. From light installations and sculpture to painting and photography, these ephemeral, subjective media demonstrate, question, and complicate the fragility and uncertainty of intimacy. The underpinning narrative of the collection speaks to the creation and destruction of relationships. The curators at Underline have managed to cull alluring, new works that address a particularly relevant theme in the coldest months: The seasonal nature of love.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• McGuire Furniture: The Outdoor Collections Sale Save 10% on all outdoor furniture.
Online & in showrooms
• Jayson Home Upholstery Sale Take 20% off all upholstered furniture including custom orders.
• Andersen Exterior Trim Design Contest To showcase the new Andersen Exterior Trim System, the company is launching a contest for architects and designers to render and submit an original building design using Andersen exterior trim as a building component. Up to five (5) designs will be selected. Contest winners will receive a trip to Minnesota for an architectural tour of the Twin Cities and a facilities tour of Andersen Corporation. CONTEST DETAILS
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• Unison Studio + Store Opening Starting today, the Unision studio + store will be open the the public every Friday. Walk into 1100 square feet of retail space featuring Unison's entire collection plus unique accessories by other designers.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Every Friday: 12pm - 6pm
• Silhouettes Exhibition Opening New art exhibition Silhouettes opens during Miracle Mile's Artwalk. New figurative series debut from artists Daniel Maltzman, Edith Konrad, Mark Acetelli, Ekaterina Moré and Judy Zimbert among others. Barely contained forms, ethereal hues and poetic shapes fuel the imagination in the new show.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Artist Reception: 3/3: 5pm - 8pm
Exhibition: Through 4/19
• Moroso Warehouse Sale Moroso is clearing out their warehouse for new arrival and discounting pieces in order to do it.
Moroso | 150 Greene Street, New York, New York 10012
3/2 - 3/4
• Young Sun Han's sooner later Book Launch After a successful Chicago launch, Work of Art's Young Sun Han brings his artist book, sooner later, to Printed Matter in New York! Join Young in person for a drink to celebrate the launch of the book.
Printed Matter | 195 Tenth Avenue, New York, New York 10011
3/6: 5pm - 7pm
• ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse Outlet Sale The annual sale from ABC Carpet's Warehouse Outlet features up to 75% off original prices on furniture, rugs, lighting, linens and accessories. The sale will include some incredible product from Calvin Klein, Herman Miller, John Reeves, TheodoreAlexander and The Conran Shop.
ABC Carpet & Home's Annual Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
3/3 - 3/18
• Classic Rug Collection Moving Sale Classic Rug Collection is moving so most in-stock rugs are 25-75% off. Plus, there's special pricing on all pillows and ottomans and 20% off all new custom rug orders.
Classic Rug Collection | 205 East 60th Street, New York, New York 10022
• Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York In the early 1800s, furniture from the workshop of New York City cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe was in such demand that he was referred to as the "United States Rage." Organized chronologically, this exhibition presents the cabinetmaker's life and work through drawings, documents, personal possession, and furniture. Portraits of his clients and contemporary depictions of New York City street scenes and domestic interiors provide a glimpse into Phyfe's milieu.
Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
• Sky and Sea at Lux Archive Lux Archive is pleased to announce Sky and Sea, an exhibition of twelve fine-art photographs by artists Alessandro Puccinelli, Paul Nelson and Nenad Saljic. The exhibition features three series of images, each a portrayal of one element from the natural world. All twelve images are new additions to Lux Archive and are available for purchase as limited-edition prints. The first 25 guests will receive a $25 coupon for use on the Lux Archive website.
Lux Archive | 211 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Opening Reception: 2/9: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 5/9
• Constructing Play Exhibition The Philadelphia Center for Architecture's most popular exhibition returns for a third year! Come learn about the history of your favorite toys, from Lincoln Logs to Legos, Erector Sets to K'Nex. Discover famous local buildings in miniature, learn how structures stay up, and see how toy designers took inspiration from the past to create today's most popular building toys. Bring mom, bring dad, bring the kids! And don't forget to bring your creativity so you can show us your building skill in our popular Hands-On carts!
The Philadelphia Center for Architecture | 1218 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
• 2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show The Pennsylvania Convention Center will be transformed into a Hawaiian paradise for the International Flower Show, whose theme this year is "Islands of Aloha".
Pennsylvania Convention Center | 12th & Arch Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
3/4 - 3/11
• Ligne Roset Philadelphia Moving Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount on all floor items and overstocked warehouse items at the Philadelphia showroom. Discounted items include the Confluences Sofa, originally $6825, now $3999; the Cemia Sideboard, originally $5625, now $3375; and the Soft & Doux Rug in black, originally $2040, now $999. as well as many more. Following the sale, Ligne Roset Philadelphia will be moving to its new location in the Center City District.
Ligne Roset | 4131 Main Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127
• Art Month at Mixture In Mixture's continuing support of local artists, they are having a huge, first-time ever promotion. Take 25% off all original artwork, including paintings, photography, sculpture, lighting.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, California 92101
• Skill Exchange Workshop Series at Pot + Pantry Mi Piace Kate Design is collaborating with kitchen boutique Pot + Pantry to host a series of free skill-exchange workshops, presented by local makers, chefs, gardeners, bakers, foodies and farmers. From beer brewing, raw recipes, fermentation, preserving and urban gardening, join us and learn more through our demonstrations, tastings and good conversation at Pot + Pantry. Expect Bay Area artisans and entrepreneurs from INNA Jam, Sightglass Coffee, Namu, Almanac Beer, Red Circle Tea, Revival Bar + Kitchen, Town Cutler, plus many more. RESERVATIONS & LIST OF UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
Pot + Pantry | 593 Guerrero Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Every Thursday, 6pm - 8pm
(Images Clockwise: McGuire Furniture, Unison, Lumens, Jayson Home)